The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
All labor has dignity.
Yeah, according to you and many McDonalds shift managers and LinkedIn recruiters. Get a grip, I'm telling Greg to get a fucking better job FOR HIS OWN benefit, I'm not trying to comment on his dignity, but usually people who are paid decently don't really give a fuck about whether their labor has dignity or not because they are too busy enjoying their life and raising a family or something

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Cashier? Good for him. It’s an important job and I find the shopping experience better when I dont have to use self checkout.
Self checkout is the worst bullshit ever. Not satisfied with reducing minimum wage employees' hours to under 40 a week so they don't have to pay health insurance or benefits, now these scumbags take it even one step beyond that and make the customer do the work for zero salary. If they were cutting prices to reflect the money they were saving, maybe I'd find it less insulting they expect me to become unpaid labor. But that's not the case.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Yeah, according to you and many McDonalds shift managers and LinkedIn recruiters. Get a grip, I'm telling Greg to get a fucking better job FOR HIS OWN benefit, I'm not trying to comment on his dignity, but usually people who are paid decently don't really give a fuck about whether their labor has dignity or not because they are too busy enjoying their life and raising a family or something

I wasn’t aware you knew what was best for Greg.

Mea Culpa.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
What are you, his special ed assistant?

How is it NOT better for greg to have a better job?

You people who treat Greg like an actual retard are hilarious. He's not retarded. He's stupid, probably has a couple learning disorders or aspergers, but the dude is not down syndrome level "doing his part in the labor sector" or some shit. He is in fact also pretty racist (constant use of the word 'groid' ) and also a huge douchebag also but I'm just telling the dude to get a better job. The only thing keeping him from moving away from being a cashier is his flawed personality and stagnation-heavy lifestyle.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Define: “better.”

This is not about Greg.

It’s actually about your perception of labor.

What if Greg is happy in his job and living comfortably?

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Cashier? Good for him. It’s an important job and I find the shopping experience better when I dont have to use self checkout.

A supermarket is a fine place to be a cashier at. Would certainly rather clerk at a grocery store than a convenience store or fast food.

From my understanding a buyer is not a cashier. Buyers deal with acquiring inventory.

Every industry has buyers. Come to think of it, I know another one aside from the guy i mentioned earlier. Girl I went to high school with is a buyer for TJX companies and she makes great money and has a beautiful home (and very nicely decorated I might add).

And self checkout is bullshit.

(Edit; well technically I guess I am assuming she makes great money based on her home and car).

neo_mao

15 Year Member
I worked as a cashier for a year at KB Toys and people treated me like shit. It’s a thankless job.

My first office job was on a hotline for financial advisors, which was basically customer service. They also treated us like shit....despite the fact the we were basically helping them get paid.

Humans are disgusting creatures.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
From my understanding a buyer is not a cashier. Buyers deal with acquiring inventory.

Every industry has buyers. Come to think of it, I know another one aside from the guy i mentioned earlier. Girl I went to high school with is a buyer for TJX companies and she makes great money and has a beautiful home (and very nicely decorated I might add).

And self checkout is bullshit.

(Edit; well technically I guess I am assuming she makes great money based on her home and car).
But is the house beautiful and large enough to grind smokehouses gears?

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Define: “better.”

This is not about Greg.

It’s actually about your perception of labor.
Uh, sure. My 'perception of labor' is much better than yours or Greg's, clearly

Here, in reality, our labor is measured by the amount we are paid

Go get paid better and stop being a little faggot.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I don’t actually believe for one minute that you care about the amount of money Greg makes or if he lives a fulfilling life.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I thought this wasn't about Greg and it was about my perception of labor

Have you found a new job yet btw?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
It depends on if by a “better” job you actually meant a higher paying job or a more prestigious job. Hence I asked you to define: better.

It sounds as if we may agree that a job is only menial if the pay is menial. Given the inherent dignity in all labor it sounds as if we agree everyone should receive a fair wage.

My perception of your original post is that you believe the job of cashier to be “beneath” Greg (or really anyone, especially yourself - you do report directly to the CEO after all!) and I would disagree with such an assertion.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
People still talk to me even in self checkout.

I think because I look jolly and cherubic and non-threatening.

If I wasn’t me i’d like to talk to me.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I clearly look like a mark because I feel like crazy people always approach me to talk to me.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
It depends on if by a “better” job you actually meant a higher paying job or a more prestigious job. Hence I asked you to define: better.

It sounds as if we may agree that a job is only menial if the pay is menial. Given the inherent dignity in all labor it sounds as if we agree everyone should receive a fair wage.

My perception of your original post is that you believe the job of cashier to be “beneath” Greg (or really anyone, especially yourself - you do report directly to the CEO after all!) and I would disagree with such an assertion.
If you think Greg should sit around and be a fucking cashier, and not try to do even slightly better, OK dude that's all there is to say

You're thinking too hard about it. And yeah it is fucking stupid to be a cashier as a 45 year old man unless that's literally the only thing you are able to do. No I don't believe in giving them 6 figures just because they are playing a "vital" role. That's why I don't understand what the fuck you're talking about. It's not the role of being a cashier, it's the extremely low pay that you're able to improve by getting a better job or I dunno going and getting trained to do something instead of buying Arcade1Ups