New Star Wars stuff announced

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Holy fuck.

Im man enough to admit...

I actually cried when I saw that Grogu witnessed Order 66. That's just fucked up.

"I'm an old friend of the family."

Ahsoka and Luke, two of the most beloved characters in the same scene. Damn.

I liked that Corey Burton voiced Cad Bane, but he didn't have his signature accent. Thought that was kinda weird. Ive always hated Cad Bane, but only because he's written so well. It was tits to see him stand off with the Marshall. Marshall isn't dead, btw - he was moving slightly because Deputy Dipstick sort of distracted Cad when he took his shot. Also someone said "Get him a stim.." Hes alive.

OK so look lets get down to brass tacks - We have a real life Ahsoka appearance. A real life Cad Bane appearance. A real life Bo Katan appearance. It is guaranteed we will get real life Sabine Wren, Ezra and Thrawn appearances...

Im gonna tell you now that I will be absolutely 100% disappointed in Fav-loni if I don't get a REAL LIFE HONDO. VOICED BY FUCKING DARKWING HIMSELF.

I WANT. HONDO.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I can't wait for the Ahsoka show. It will be the first live action show with Dave Filoni as the lead guy. He's an EP on Mando and Boba Fett and he writes and directs some episodes and creates some characters, but both are still mostly Favreau's shows.

But Ahsoka is his character and it will be his show, and he tends to take Star Wars to some cool places
latest

Screen-Shot-2020-12-30-at-7.07.35-PM.png
I do look forward to it, however, I desire a Star Wars show in which we do not see a Jedi, or frankly, the force used at all.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Just tossing this all in spoilers to spare anyone that wanders in by accident I guess. Gloves will come off tomorrow.

Spoiler:
I mostly agree with your points about the positives of Luke in Ep8 and a major tipping point for me will be to see how seriously he meant the choice between the mail and the lightsaber. If it is a true test and Luke believes that a Jedi must eschew any attachment to friends, then well...he isn't a very good teacher.

It could be an interesting mirroring plot to see if Luke pursues dogmatic Jedi teaching while Mando continues losing his ultra orthodox adherence to The Way. Or maybe Mando is going to try to redeem himself in the waters of wherever the fuck they said after he admitting to taking his helmet off and Luke will turn back into a teacher of the balance of the Force.

One thing I did see mentioned (I'm not smart enough to have noticed it first viewing) which kinda blew my mind was that the episode opens with a spinning moisture vaporator to echo the spinning windmill in spaghetti westerns. Nice stuff.

One thing I will says is that this series, which does still have it's flaws, at least has me interested enough to talk about it for something beyond how much it sucks.

Spoiler:
Hopefully the choice between Mando and Luke is a riddle, as Luke suggested Yoda always spoke to him in.

I think Mando will redeem himself, unless as you suggest he rejects the way and surrounds himself with a new family. Perhaps he will redeem himself so he is on the good side of the dogmatic mandalorians but his new "family" will be the friends he has made such as the Marshall, Boba Fett, etc.

Obviously the Darksaber will play some part in this. My money is on it becoming the weapon of choice for Grogu as we have proof it is possible to be both a Mandalorian and a Jedi.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I want to play a Star Wars equivalent of Red Dead Redemption set on Tatooine.

The recent Star Wars tabletop rpgs are really quite good. Really want to play in one lol.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Holy fuck.

Im man enough to admit...

Spoiler:
I actually cried when I saw that Grogu witnessed Order 66. That's just fucked up.

"I'm an old friend of the family."

Ahsoka and Luke, two of the most beloved characters in the same scene. Damn.

I liked that Corey Burton voiced Cad Bane, but he didn't have his signature accent. Thought that was kinda weird. Ive always hated Cad Bane, but only because he's written so well. It was tits to see him stand off with the Marshall. Marshall isn't dead, btw - he was moving slightly because Deputy Dipstick sort of distracted Cad when he took his shot. Also someone said "Get him a stim.." Hes alive.

OK so look lets get down to brass tacks - We have a real life Ahsoka appearance. A real life Cad Bane appearance. A real life Bo Katan appearance. It is guaranteed we will get real life Sabine Wren, Ezra and Thrawn appearances...

Im gonna tell you now that I will be absolutely 100% disappointed in Fav-loni if I don't get a REAL LIFE HONDO. VOICED BY FUCKING DARKWING HIMSELF.

I WANT. HONDO.

Yeah, I actually could not believe that scene. Terrible, horrific, absolutely savage and a really nice way to give some insight in to the character without revealing more about their enigmatic background. Some things should ultimately remain a mystery. It was, what 25-30 years since those events?

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
The next project they announce needs to involve Hera Syndulla. Hopefully she pops up in Ahsoka and then spins into her own movie or show, because she's one of the most fleshed out and interested characters they've yet to move into live action.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Hera rules. And we know she's alive at least during the Battle of Scarif.

Oh just a side note - I like that in the previous episode, they featured a BD droid. Fallen Order is a great game (even if it does feature that gross ginge) and introduced BD-1, who just about everyone loves. The one in the BoBF episode even had a hurt foot like BD-1. Very cool.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Speaking of droids I thought those builder droids in the last episode were really cool.

I must have missed the BD bot. And yeah Fallen Order is the first good SW game since KotOR.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Hera rules. And we know she's alive at least during the Battle of Scarif.

Oh just a side note - I like that in the previous episode, they featured a BD droid. Fallen Order is a great game (even if it does feature that gross ginge) and introduced BD-1, who just about everyone loves. The one in the BoBF episode even had a hurt foot like BD-1. Very cool.
She survived the whole war. Forces of Destiny is canon and shows she was at Endor:

Also, her ship is among those in the fleet in that shitty Rise of Skywalker movie:
Star-Wars-9-Final-Battle-Ghost-Ship.jpg

So she's likely alive through the end of the current on-screen canon at minimum.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Shit you're right. I forgot her ship was in Rise of Shitwalker.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
How long does Force Awakens take place after Return of the Jedi? It’s got to be at least 30 years?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
That’s a terrible chart but confirms what I thought.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Speaking of droids I thought those builder droids in the last episode were really cool.

I must have missed the BD bot. And yeah Fallen Order is the first good SW game since KotOR.
Its right when Pelli is chasing after a womprat, and gets dragged behind that bulkhead thing. The little guy is what the womprat attacks at the beginning of the scene.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Sounds like the Obi-Wan show will debut in May.

From the Grogu flasback in this week's episode:
0j4jiinicgf81.jpg

That crest might indicate who actually got Grogu out of the temple
Spoiler:
ia2aonuicgf81.png

Barriss, who befriended and later betrayed Ahsoka during the Clone Wars. Odds are high she shows up on the Ahsoka show.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Sounds like the Obi-Wan show will debut in May.

From the Grogu flasback in this week's episode:
0j4jiinicgf81.jpg

That crest might indicate who actually got Grogu out of the temple
Spoiler:
ia2aonuicgf81.png

Barriss, who befriended and later betrayed Ahsoka during the Clone Wars. Odds are high she shows up on the Ahsoka show.
Yeah but...
Spoiler:
Bariss betrayed Ahsoka and bombed the temple well before Order 66 happened. I guess maybe they are insinuating that she escaped (wherever she was taken) to come and save some younglings/Grogurts? If so, maybe she can have some sort of redemption, and restore her friendship with Ahsoka"? Itll be cool to see her in true live action as well. Definitely excited about the Ahsoka show.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Yeah but...
Spoiler:
Bariss betrayed Ahsoka and bombed the temple well before Order 66 happened. I guess maybe they are insinuating that she escaped (wherever she was taken) to come and save some younglings/Grogurts? If so, maybe she can have some sort of redemption, and restore her friendship with Ahsoka"? Itll be cool to see her in true live action as well. Definitely excited about the Ahsoka show.
Spoiler:
I'm going to guess that she was released intentionally by the Emperor to get Grogu for his own purposes, then lost track of him at some point. I don't think they're going to try to redeem Barriss. Last time we saw the character she was in the Emperor's custody for betraying a Jedi; I think he'd definitely try to make further use of her after that point.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
So far, no.
I mean who's to say at this point why she may not show up. If we see Luke more and more maybe she'll show up.

Then maybe Kyle Katarn. They've already got the Dark troopers showing up, so why not.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I watched a few of the shorts in Star Wars Visions. First episode was incredible and I fear set the bar too high, 2nd ep was fun and ridiculous, 3rd ep was terrible.

Started Watching the Bad Batch also. It’s not bad, the CGI is really good.

Will I watch clone wars? Maybe but I’ve no interest in Jedi antics.

I need to rewatch the prequels sadly.

Why were the Jedi fighting in the clone war again? Again at some separatists? I know Palpatine orchestrated it all but I’m not sure the Republic were the good guys here.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I watched a few of the shorts in Star Wars Visions. First episode was incredible and I fear set the bar too high, 2nd ep was fun and ridiculous, 3rd ep was terrible.

Started Watching the Bad Batch also. It’s not bad, the CGI is really good.

Will I watch clone wars? Maybe but I’ve no interest in Jedi antics.

I need to rewatch the prequels sadly.

Why were the Jedi fighting in the clone war again? Again at some separatists? I know Palpatine orchestrated it all but I’m not sure the Republic were the good guys here.
Watching Batch Batch before Clone Wars makes no sense at all. Bad Batch spun directly out of a multi-episode arc in the final season of Clone Wars.

Clone Wars answers every question you just asked and, unlike watching the prequels again, it's actually good.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Clone Wars answers every question you just asked and, unlike watching the prequels again, it's actually good.
This, duf. This.

Also, its not so much Jedi antics as universe building and setting up what we end up seeing in Revenge of the Sith/Siege of Mandalore, and the OG trilogy. Also, you actually get to see Obi-Wan Kenobie be a fucking ninja-jedi.

As I've likely said in this thread -Clone Wars starts out rough - Ahsoka is annoying as shit for about 5 episodes. Then she becomes the Ahsoka everyone loves. Some SW nerds even name their cat after her...........(it me).

It also does indeed set up the Bad Batch 4 episode arc in the last season, which sets up the BB show. And Clone Wars leads into Rebels which is fucking awesome. I like Rebels way more than Clone Wars. The 'scene' in this last Boba Fet episode with Cobb Vanth also hits a lot harder if you know the character that shows up there.

famicommander

15 Year Member
All Dave Filoni shows get better with each season. No exceptions. Season 1 of Clone Wars is the worst of the seven, season 1 of Rebels is the worst of the four. As such, I expect Bad Batch to come back even better with season 2.

Again, fuck the movies. Just watch
Clone Wars in this order:

Then Bad Batch in release order.

Then watch the four web shorts of Rebels:

Then all four seasons in release order.

Or, if you have to watch them with the movies:
Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones
Clone Wars seasons 1-6
Revege of the Sith
Clone Wars Season 7
Bad Batch