MidnightPhreaks Pre-Neo Geo Collection/Setup

aVcnRCK.jpg

Out with the Astro, in with the Chewlix. Still need to get some proper shelves and a stand for the CRT TV and consoles.

Really impressed with the build quality of the Chewlix, as max330 said, its not as solid as an original Vewlix but its pretty close and damn sturdy anyhow. You can rotate the monitor for a Tate setup with a pair of brackets :)

Got some replacement Control Panels coming, and actually have 2 more Chewlix's (Red) in the mail (on the sea) for a head to head setup.

These Chewlix's have actually stopped being made, unfortunately, and the new versions aren't very close to an original vewlix. They can't have their monitor rotated and they use a lower grade sheet metal thats hammer sprayed. :(

Last edited:
Also now have;

(JP AES) KOF '97 and KOF 2001 in hand. And 94,96,98,99,2002 in the mail :D

Last edited:

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I do have a blog about restoring the Astro, if anyways interested. Still a few things to do, but its pretty complete now.

My fav memory was washing the shell at a DIY Carwash! Got some odd looks that day haha
It has been clicked and it will be read

Hawwa

B. Jenet's Firstmate
aVcnRCK.jpg

Out with the Astro, in with the Chewlix. Still need to get some proper shelves and a stand for the CRT TV and consoles.

Really impressed with the build quality of the Chewlix, as max330 said, its not as solid as an original Vewlix but its pretty close and damn sturdy anyhow. You can rotate the monitor for a Tate setup with a pair of brackets :)

Got some replacement Control Panels coming, and actually have 2 more Chewlix's (Red) in the mail (on the sea) for a head to head setup.

These Chewlix's have actually stopped being made, unfortunately, and the new versions aren't very close to an original vewlix. They can't have their monitor rotated and they use a lower grade sheet metal thats hammer sprayed. :(
Why do you have a jizzing towel behind the tv man?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Why do you have a jizzing towel behind the tv man?
How else are you to pull off a hadouken and then pull yourself off as positive reinforcement without making a mess? Why a towel of course.

Hawwa

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Added some new Neo games;

Sam Spr 1 & 2, and AOF 2 from a local.

cMCNgk1.jpg

Then my Xmas package turned up with KOF94,98,99,2002;

C6bV2eF.jpg

And then redid my entire Game nook;

DdQ6DEJ.jpg

Don't have room for my 2nd Red Chewlix, so its in storage all wrapped up.
That setup looks clean and elegant. Congrats.

Missing the jizzing towel tho.

It has been clicked and it will be read
Haha nice pickup on the It Has/It Will ;)

How else are you to pull off a hadouken and then pull yourself off as positive reinforcement without making a mess? Why a towel of course.

That setup looks clean and elegant. Congrats.

Missing the jizzing towel tho.

Thanks dude :D

So I've done quite a lot on the cabs since the last set of photos, and got a few more AES games, including King of Fighters 2003 and Fatal Fury 3 :D

I converted my white/back cab to TATE, got the 2nd Red Chewlix up, and had Raf make me up some Vewlix C and Vewlix Diamond Black art for all the cabs. New proper panels, matching sub panels and Marquee's. Got toppers for all 3, made up some DDPSDOJ art and printed it, got some Arcade Vinyl banners, more in the mail, Neogeo/SEGA ones.

ulUT6LC.jpg

HSCF6tD.jpg

vWrg2y2.jpg
lvRhbEM.jpg

cMOKdfH.jpg
iQtkSX0.jpg

VIyUsr8.jpg

Dark pics were taken a while back so they lack the USB/24mm Button plugs etc.

Still have my Neo CD Front Loader in the mail, as I have a 2 pack of Neo SD Loader Front version kits waiting for it to get here, bought a backup just in case.

Basically out of space at this point, will be starting to apartment/unit hunt around September this year :)

Cheers all!

That's a really nice setup, it looks cozy af (y)(y)
Looks amazing!! Congrats
Thanks heaps guys! Really happy with it! Finally received KOF2003 in the mail! So that is KOF94-2003 on AES :D Really happy to finally have them all after all these years!

pSq4yg5.jpg

All together in their new home;

Tvo2yeV.jpg

And got my Neo Geo CD Front Loader, I cannot believe it, its a first production run with low matching serials AND The Box/System looks almost new (the Manual bag is still sealed!);

D6ErvYr.jpg
aBMa0XD.jpg
TfAQ2Ot.jpg
wFRWHyy.jpg
sA638CJ.jpg
S3W4H4C.jpg
FFLD2fS.jpg
IoADTo0.jpg
qU7oPNc.jpg
1A5WFmi.jpg

Its in such good condition, I'm rethinking modding this with the Neo SD Loader, might try and get a Console only from Japan and mod that one ;)

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Nice collection, nice front loader.

However, just so as you know - SNK only produced 25,000 front loader units, so yours is far from being low serial for this run. Sorry, wasn't trying to piss on your bonfire... but, y'know, facts.

Still, very nice example.

Last edited:
Nice collection, nice front loader.

However, just so as you know - SNK only produced 25,000 front loader units, so yours is far from being low serial for this run. Sorry, wasn't trying to piss on your bonfire... but, y'know, facts.

Still, very nice example.

Thanks Tarma! Yeah haha, I just read that fact today about the 25000 front loaders, I feel stupid haha. Still happy with the condition, and I successfully installed the Neo SD Loader today and kept the CD Drive functional :D

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Yes keep collecting all the treasure in one spot, in Australia, where I live, heh heh

giphy.gif

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Thanks Tarma! Yeah haha, I just read that fact today about the 25000 front loaders, I feel stupid haha. Still happy with the condition, and I successfully installed the Neo SD Loader today and kept the CD Drive functional :D

No worries... although I can't believe you've gutted such a nice example to fit an SD Loader... :oops:

Still, you can say you have a late serial number... although I've seen units with 26 XXX serial numbers, which doesn't make much sense. Not sure the lowest I've seen. Some numb nuts on eBay claimed to be selling serial 000001... but the serial sticker is clearly fake.

Anyway, CDZ is the way to go to play CD games with OG hardware :D

Yes keep collecting all the treasure in one spot, in Australia, where I live, heh heh

giphy.gif
Hmm, shifty eyes eh? :P

No worries... although I can't believe you've gutted such a nice example to fit an SD Loader... :oops:

Still, you can say you have a late serial number... although I've seen units with 26 XXX serial numbers, which doesn't make much sense. Not sure the lowest I've seen. Some numb nuts on eBay claimed to be selling serial 000001... but the serial sticker is clearly fake.

Anyway, CDZ is the way to go to play CD games with OG hardware :D

Everything I did is completely reversable, and now I have a Front Loader that can play from SD Card at ~8x loading speed, but I can still use the Disc drive for games as well (I did the harder way to keep the CD Drive functional).

Also, got a few new games in;

PByclII.png
c3BDez6.jpg

Just need RBFFS,RB2 and Garou to finish my FF set!

So a little update, finally grabbed Ninja Master's! Cost me a bit but got it for a great price as its slightly sun faded on the spine!