Anyone have $62,000 for !Arcade! fullset Neo Geo?

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Let me go check underneath the cushions of my sofa....
LONG LIVE NEO STORE!
No humor intended to the above wish.
BB

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
There are like 5 games there. What am I missing.

Are the stickers really worth 60k or somethin

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Are the 20yr old SSDs still on there? For more than a modern one?
sorry to tell you, but november 2015 was the last time they were listed on the site (and even back then the prices were bullshit...they also didn't change between 2009 and then)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-21 131028.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-21 131028.png
    543.4 KB · Views: 28

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Where does a person go to even learn what this shit is or why anyone would want it? What is the indoctrination method? How does a collectard get hoodwinked by this exactly?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
A lot of people used to overpay on the neostore, never understood it unless it was new releases at the time

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Ok one thing..
Bust a move's manual is extreme; the cost to have it made and then never sell to the public says a lot.

What does it say actually? It's a bootleg manual or am I missing something?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Where does a person go to even learn what this shit is or why anyone would want it? What is the indoctrination method? How does a collectard get hoodwinked by this exactly?
Neo-geo.com/forums

Arcade was a pretty big deal around here once upon a time.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
I got an english Sengoku 3 back then for 75USD.

Seemed expensive. Look at them now :D
Yeah, at one time they couldn't give them away. Tells a lot about the game tbh.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Yeah, at one time they couldn't give them away. Tells a lot about the game tbh.
I have to disagree there.

It may be repetitive due to the lack of different on-screen enemies per section, but the game is sure fun as hell as long as you treat it like a Sengoku 3 game instead of a Final Fight one.

The only thing they share in common is that they both are brawlers. Combo'ing the hell out of it is satisfying as fuck. I wish I still had my Japanese AES copy.

Same goes for Mutation Nation. Play the game as it was meant to be played. The thing is, we were too much used to a SOR2 or FFight mechanic that we thought the other brawlers had to be played the same way. That's for the Capcom ones ;)

I don't play FFS the way I play SFII CE. That's why I can enjoy both. It's all about getting to appreciate the differences. ;)

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
That is the problem. It isn't Sengoku 3. It is called Sengoku 3 but it isn't.

Anyways, another warning of Ray Young counterfeits from 20 years ago: https://www.neo-geo.com/forums/index.php?threads/warning-ray-young-arcade.42778/
I don't really see the problem here. At the time, Arcade's business was the Phantom 1 and selling conversions of carts not released on the home system, with the odd fact that unlike most others he had the blessing of the NG.com community. That thread is just proto sperging. Ray Young wasn't a "bad guy" until he screwed Shawn and Arcade Shock, a good chunk of the community was perfectly fine paying for his boots before that.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I don't really see the problem here. At the time, Arcade's business was the Phantom 1 and selling conversions of carts not released on the home system, with the odd fact that unlike most others he had the blessing of the NG.com community. That thread is just proto sperging. Ray Young wasn't a "bad guy" until he screwed Shawn and Arcade Shock, a good chunk of the community was perfectly fine paying for his boots before that.
The problem is the guy is famous for making high quality fakes. He is even related to DavidG of the AF3 saga. Hard to trust anything he sells.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
I don't really see the problem here. At the time, Arcade's business was the Phantom 1 and selling conversions of carts not released on the home system, with the odd fact that unlike most others he had the blessing of the NG.com community.
Tbh the Strikers 1945 conversion was pretty sweet.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member

So he was considered the good guy version of NGF? I can see that. There’s nothing wrong with conversions unless you’re lying your ass off about what they are.