Neo Dev Kit found on Ebay today.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Looks different from the others I've seen, interesting. Show us its guts if you actually buy it.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Can the thread be renamed to "Neo Dev Kit on Ebay" please?

One of the best things about this forum is everything is still online, even though it can be hard to search.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
That was on YHJ! a few weeks back along with a load of other (alleged) ex-SNK dev kit. Looks like someone bought it to flip to Western shelf queens.

End up in Italy or France in next to no time undoubtedly.
If the business model works, why flip the script eh? ;)

If I actually would pay that amount, I would go for something like a Hotel Unit (in case it would appear). At least it would be "usable".

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

If I actually would pay that amount, I would go for something like a Hotel Unit (in case it would appear). At least it would be "usable".
And yes it sold on YAJ a bit ago. Someone sent it to me back then and I was not into it for the price

Total flip job. Lame

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
No dev kit is worth that if it’s not coming with an undumped prototype people want to pkau

If it was a Neo Geo dev kit with a prototype? Now you’re talking. But still I’d buy it and give it away and lose my shirt lol

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Does anyone recall how much it sold for on YAJ?

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member

You've just missed out on a hotel unit as well... which sold for well over ¥1,000,000...

Gamemaster

20 Year Member
My dev kit for Neo-Geo pocket was cheaper back then, called Pocket linker and came from a different company.
I guess this offical does not much more then write the code to the cart.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I think it was closer to 3K final

But someone is trying to make a flippers fortune and I hope they take a bath on it

Ah, knew it was well into four figures, but didn't pay it a massive amount of attention.

Any hoo... I'm sure it won't be long now before this relic of SNK history is being put to use by some Euro Tard who fancies himself as a one-man SNK and needs to recoup his outlay on the dead Visco licence he's also sunk his pension into.

• Haha
Reactions: wyo

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Has anyone seen one of these before?
The enclosure looks virtually brand new. And the PCB looks different from previous dev boards I've seen.
It does have old connectors, (parallel and RS-232).