Evercade thread

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I got an email from Funstock this morning announcing they were putting up the VS Founder Edition at 11 EDT. Since I have more money than self-control, one is now on its way from limey land.
They are selling the black ones again?! 🤔 I assume they are all gone?

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Once you go black . . .

I saw the ad that said there were 5k available with 5 carts I believe for about $200.

It does say sold out on the site.
Probably for the best as I'm drunk and would probably buy.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
The Founder's Pack comes with 6 games but it doesn't seem to be that great of a deal if it's about 200 dollars. I mean, it's 130 for the VS system with 2 carts and 2 controllers. An extra 4 carts on top of that would only be 210. What am I missing about the founder's pack? Is it just that it's black?

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
New arcade carts for July: https://evercade.co.uk/two-new-arca...his-july-jaleco-arcade-1-and-gaelco-arcade-2/

Jaleco Arcade 1 (all arcade versions)
  • Rod Land
  • The Astyanax
  • Saint Dragon
  • 64th Street: A Detective Story
  • E.D.F. Earth Defence Force
  • Avenging Spirit
  • CyBattler
  • P-47: The Phantom Fighter
Gaelco Arcade 2 (all arcade versions)
  • Big Karnak
  • Maniac Square
  • Squash
  • TH Strikes Back: Thunder Hoop 2
  • Touch and Go
  • World Rally 2
Jaleco cart looks awesome, for those who don't already have the Arcade Archives versions (I have everything there except Avenging Spirit). Gaelco stuff is way out there and meme-worthy, but I'm not sure where else these have seen a home release.

There are so many options out right now, all of them more appealing than this.
I generally agree, and for serious play at home I prefer some kind of emulation/Mister/etc over this, or Arcade Archives as metioned before since I'm a junkie for the hi-score mode leaderboards. The VS button config is a pain in the ass (you need to quit out of the game to do it at the system-wide level), and is missing many features such as arcade dip switch settings or tate.

However when I run gameroom events at local conventions, I need to keep everything legit (no romz). The VS library has better variety than any single mini-console, and it gets more attention since most people have never seen one before. Also it's one less old crt to drag to the show since it has hdmi.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I got an email from Funstock this morning announcing they were putting up the VS Founder Edition at 11 EDT. Since I have more money than self-control, one is now on its way from limey land.

I got one too.

What the fuck are we doing?

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I got one too.

What the fuck are we doing?
I'm actually sad I couldn't get a founder's edition....the white is fugly as hell. Thank god they're sold out

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
I'm kind of having mixed feelings on the Evercade experience.

If they ever get button mapping fixed where it works on a game by game basis, and if they ever fix the issues with using different controllers, then I think I'll be pretty happy overall.

Some of the games are just turd, but overall the carts are cheap enough that I find something I like on most of them I've got.

It is a combination of just buying some collectable nonsense and actually playing a few games.

I bought someone's collection and ended up with a few extra items I need to part with, as well as dump other dumb nostalgia shit I've picked up like that stupid Atari VCS for example. Maybe it's about time for another sales thread.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Why?

How much time do you really spend looking at consoles?
don't wanna derail thread - but they are sitting out in the open. It's an accessory to a room. It's like having an ugly TV or ugly art on the wall - you're trolling me now I think :ROFLMAO:

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
When it comes to PS5, nerds like "So fucking awful looking, who would ever consider buying that shit?"

When it comes to Evercade: "WhO cArEs MaN? It'S aLl AbOuT tHe GaMeS!11"

famicommander

15 Year Member
I have never cared what any console looked like. If it were ten bucks cheaper I'd buy it in the ugliest color imaginable. A game console isn't like a piece of art and nobody who comes over cares what color your or shape your Xbox is.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Who gives a fuck what a console looks like

It's not a big deal to me, but the black looks nicer than the white. It was just a convenience factor of when the Founders editions popped up. The price was about the same when you factor in the extra games the Founders comes with. I don't give two fucks about the other extras or the fact that it's limited or anything.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I don't wear panties
giphy.gif

famicommander

15 Year Member
Castlemania is doing another Evercade sale.

There are several discounted game bundles and you get an extra free game with purchase of either the standard or the premium VS pack (not the handheld).

Last edited:

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
It will take them a month to ship them out to you and won't respond to any requests for information about your purchase.