Lowest cost 4-layer PCB manufacture?

hatmoose

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hi Team;

Does anyone have a great, low-cost, 4-layer PCB manufacturer?

JCL-PCB are the cheapest I've found, but that $40 "engineering fee" is a bit painful when I only want to make one board.

Actually they don't have to be "great, low cost" as long as they are low cost :-)

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I have used 3 places, but all for 2 layer boards. In order of quality best -> worst IMHO:

JLCPCB
Gerber Labs
PCBWay

The HASL finish on the PCBWay cards was the least smooth.

I can imagine the complexities of a 4 layer board could make the pre-production process more expensive for the manufacturer; my guess as to where the engineering fee comes in to play.

hatmoose

Kuroko's Training Dummy
What are you trying to have fabricated may I ask?
BB
Nothing specific at this stage - I've started experimenting with Kicad and it's much easier to make a nice looking 4-layer board. But for 10x the cost it can just look ugly :-)

hatmoose

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I have used 3 places, but all for 2 layer boards. In order of quality best -> worst IMHO:

JLCPCB
Gerber Labs
PCBWay

The HASL finish on the PCBWay cards was the least smooth.

I can imagine the complexities of a 4 layer board could make the pre-production process more expensive for the manufacturer; my guess as to where the engineering fee comes in to play.
Thanks! Have used JCLPCB and PCBway, but had not tried Gerber Labs, will check them out.

Agree that for the money JCL are a clear winner, I used to buy PCBway only, but JCL are 100% of the quality for 60% of the cost. It's possible that I'm missing some of the finer detail but I'm loving JCL

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
DirtyPCBs should be pretty damn cheap but they don't do assembly.