Bitcoin?

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Tossed another 200 on Luna when it hit rock bottom and now I'm sitting on a nearly $2000 profit.

I'm sure the big bounce is only a temporary pump and dump, but there you go.

Crypto's a funny thing.
i'd take some of that profit off the table. just in case trading gets shut down again and with the uncertainty what the next "recovery plan" is going to be.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Tossed another 200 on Luna when it hit rock bottom and now I'm sitting on a nearly $2000 profit.

I'm sure the big bounce is only a temporary pump and dump, but there you go.

Crypto's a funny thing.
Hurry up and spend it!!
BB

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Will ve under 1500 soon. I would wait a while on ETH and see what the reaction is like to 2.0 when it’s released. The more i use different chains the more mind boggling it is that Eth is still where it is.
There you go…

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
WOW.

I didn't think we'd see ETH at 1200 again. This is nuts. BTC at 23k right now.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
AHopkins.eth was a bridge too far.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Forget winter might be heading for ice age , another lending platform Celsius is having liquidity problems , all these bank runs on exchanges are going to reveal lot of skeletons…

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Lot of people opening up about losing their entire savings in Voyager....
i didn't realize the extent of Yolo cyrpto investors...

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
It's all insane.

But, if you've been waiting, EVGA is currently offering an instant $700 rebate on the 3090Ti.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
That's because nVidia ordered too many 40XX chips.

Ha, serves the cunts right.

The GPU market has been crap for years. I might finally upgrade my aging box next year as decent deals will be a available on the latest and greatest hardware.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
They've got too many chips all around, the miners suddenly aren't there to snap them up, and nobody wants to be sitting on a pile of 30 series cards when the 40 series arrives. Their partners are desperate for them to delay the 40 series launch until they can clear their current stock.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
If I didn't already have a 30 series card, I'd be buying one right now. I don't really trust that there won't be shortages of 40 series cards regardless of how things currently look, and the expected power draw on the higher end 40 series cards is going to burn down my house if Texas drought and wildfires don't get to it first.

Fuck this ghey crypto-ass silicon-ass warm-ass Earth.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Looks like FTX is running into some liquidity problems… CZ to the rescues***

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
If I didn't already have a 30 series card, I'd be buying one right now. I don't really trust that there won't be shortages of 40 series cards regardless of how things currently look, and the expected power draw on the higher end 40 series cards is going to burn down my house if Texas drought and wildfires don't get to it first.

Fuck this ghey crypto-ass silicon-ass warm-ass Earth.

You were correct that a 4090 may actually literally catch fire and burn your house down.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Oh yeah, crypto… Forgot all about that...

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Crypto Winter is turning into Crypto Ice Age.
it's amazing people thought an unregulated market would self correct.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Crypto Winter is turning into Crypto Ice Age.
it's amazing people thought an unregulated market would self correct.

Amen.

I'm loving all these bullshitters who had no idea how any of it worked but somehow making themselves out to be financial geniuses getting burnt.

It's financial darwinism in action.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
This is basically the equivalent of the dot com bubble in the very early 2000s, or the video game crash of 1983. Oversaturation and/or too much bad product. Lots of the chaff are getting separated from the wheat, and established, worthwhile crypto will bounce back eventually. Memecoins will mostly die off entirely.

I hope NFTs in any shape or form die permanently.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
It's worse than Ponzi.

It's a speculative instrument causing environmental damage with no intrinsic value whatsoever.

That's not the same as saying you can't make money from crypto in the short / medium turn while enough YOLO dudes are still buying into it. Just I doubt very much in 50 years anyone will be giving a shit about it apart from being a crazy footnote in history. Lookup Tulip Mania for an analogy.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I bought like $500 in a little bit of everything available on Robinhood early summer to try and day trade.
It just all sat flat for around 5 months.
A strategy on cheap stuff can be doing microtrades for $20 here 50 there maybe a hundred.
Doesn't work when there's no activity, also damded bots never execute my trades like I want them to.

You know what's fascinating to me is AI art.
Right now it can make pictures, music and videos.

I spent awhile playing around with some paintings.
Really you're supposed to be able to put in keywords and it's supposed to make something based off of that.
Usually though it just does what ever it's going to anyways though.
So you might have to do it a hundred times to get something you like.
Some of them charge you between a penny and ten cents per image generated so your losing both time and money.

Anyways I see it akin to being an art curator one day.
I tried to turn some into NFT's but that's now dead as well, think I've read trading is down 95% from last year.

Shameless plug: Open Sea MikeLoveNotWar

My favorites are Space Pope and Buttplug Genie

Look at how she only has one arm with two fingers, her eyes don't match and there's what appears to be a floating buttplug to her right.
That's cool

Attachments

• Buttplug_Genie_TradingCard(1).jpg
    Buttplug_Genie_TradingCard(1).jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited: