Mikado Game Center's "Fatal Fury Special World Cup 2022" tournament footage from 7/16

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Well I'm glad Jubei lost... fucking worst over-powered pos character SNK ever created. Ruins FFS for me.
Ha, I hear that - Big Bear with his crazy amount of invincibility on the start-up frames on most of his moves isn't much better, though. The game is pretty jank all around, but still one of my favorites as a whole package. Glad to see they're still running tournaments on this game. Haven't seen much buzz in a while.

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
I'm glad to see this game still has a scene around it.

I agree, its really neat and makes it not feel as though older fighters arent worth putting some time and skill into today just because theres another iteration, especially with SNK stuff since there are so many on the Neo. Particularly, I love playing KoF 95 and 96. I know the scene for them is either non existent or not even close to 98 and 2k2, but I also am of the belief that practicing in any fighter in general, truly trying to get skilled even at an "obsolescent" fighter, gives you valuable experience as a gamer that carries over into virtually any other fighter, older, newer, or otherwise.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Well I'm glad Jubei lost... fucking worst over-powered pos character SNK ever created. Ruins FFS for me.

Kim's far more overpowered in this than Jubei. It's no surprise Jubei lost to a Kim player, Kim's won a lot of their World Cup tournaments. Air divekick gives him so much more freedom compared to any other character in terms of how he can go on offense.

Signed,
A Filthy Kim Kaphwan Player

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I don't think anyone would deny that this game is just broke all the way around.
Still fun to play & stirs up so many memories!

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Kim's far more overpowered in this than Jubei. It's no surprise Jubei lost to a Kim player, Kim's won a lot of their World Cup tournaments. Air divekick gives him so much more freedom compared to any other character in terms of how he can go on offense.

Signed,
A Filthy Kim Kaphwan Player
I need to start learning the ways of the Viccom president.

Jubei is a twat. The CPU AI is almost as bad as Rugal in KoF - an answer for everything. I can beat Rugal, I can beat Kim... Jubei is just a cunt of a character.

There's a reason SNK never used him again.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I don’t have any idea what they are saying but I appreciate the enthusiasm!

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I need to start learning the ways of the Viccom president.

Jubei is a twat. The CPU AI is almost as bad as Rugal in KoF - an answer for everything. I can beat Rugal, I can beat Kim... Jubei is just a cunt of a character.

There's a reason SNK never used him again.
CPU Jubei's a pussy when you hit him first. Even in Level-8.

It's been a while since I've done a whole playthrough, but he's no match for my trustworthy Joe Higashi.

Neo_Mike_81

King's Dry Cleaner
I can beat Jubei easily with Mai in Fatal Fury Special haven't tried against him in level 8 yet.
I have a bitch beating Big Bear though.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
CPU Jubei's a pussy when you hit him first. Even in Level-8.

It's been a while since I've done a whole playthrough, but he's no match for my trustworthy Joe Higashi.
Guess I'm just shit at FFS. I can live with that.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I can beat Jubei easily with Mai in Fatal Fury Special haven't tried against him in level 8 yet.
I have a bitch beating Big Bear though.
I constantly jump kick the sh8t out of Jubei.You can't let up on him...
BB

Johnny16Bit

Fio's Quartermaster
Great to see this game still being played in tournaments.

As for being broken, I don't know. It is, of course, but then all fighting games are. I'd actually have rated it "low tier broken" among the 90's fighting games. Still plays great anyway :)