Post Your Recent Purchases!

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Finally got my paws on one of these - great deal too! Got it with the Darksoft kit and kitted it out with the Lyons 3 plexi treatment. Quite snazzy.

Fun set of games - never did dive into this library much but fuck if it aint...unique. I mean, have you ever wondered, "What would a crossover between F-Zero and a beat-em-up be like?" No? Me either. But Taito has you covered with Riding Fight. (okay that one bonus level in Turtles in Time too...) lol I'm loving how quirky these games are.

1657847962672.png1657848085802.png1657848123111.png

Last edited:

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
View attachment 58632

The boxed Japanese gun shipped from Japan was cheaper than loose US ones, I suspect because of the political pussification of America and its fear of black plastic.

BTW, if you would like to see Star Ocean: Second Evolution available on the US Switch, I've virtually guaranteed it by getting the PSP version. You're welcome.

Finally, God bless the weak Yen that let me get the two Toaplan Arcade Garage releases relatively cheap.
Re: Star Ocean, I'm probably one of like 2 people who have played First Departure R on PS4. Really impressed me when they decided to gather all the original voice actors from the Super Famicom version back together. Hopefully, they do something similar with Second Evolution, if it ever comes out.

Jon

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
You spent $300 on cardboard boxes?

...and manuals! I sure did. I like having CIB games. And with prices going nuts these days for stuff like Super Mario World this was a good price.

PriceCharting is showing Super Mario World at $420 USD; which is just insane.
https://www.pricecharting.com/game/super-nintendo/super-mario-world-player's-choice

Sold Listing on ebay show a few between $380 and $800.

So spending about $75 for the box and manual feels like it might have been my last chance to get it.

I think you’d honestly have way better odds just converting yours to NTSC 60Hz.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MasterSystem/comments/kcaxua

Both an NTSC and 60Hz conversion is possible to do on an SMS Model 2. Or if one wants both, I’ve even seen switchless region mods for it using the reset button (and I assume a multi-color LED).

I have a loose Master System II that works so I don't feel a need to mod this PAL version. It's just fun to have one so complete.

Where about in Canada are you? I've got a PAL CRT, not for sale, but you're welcome to test your master system if you're close enough.

Very generous offer! I'm in Toronto. You comfortable having a shelf queen at your place?

ka-ge-ki is such a hot turd, oh well, good chibi packaging

It's always nice getting some new Mega Drive games!

gargoyle7

20 Year Member
bought as kit from gameroom solutions, they did damn good skin work, I assembled and fully wired, 4K LG 24" monitor, full LED buttons, loving the ultimarc spinner, SO fun for OG Tempest and Arkanoid, the shmup and virtual pinball possibilities are endless, enjoying more than I thought I would, screen is perfect for large 80's classics right in your face, joy is 4/8 pole selectable

Attachments

• IMG_4737.jpg
    IMG_4737.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 21

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Very generous offer! I'm in Toronto. You comfortable having a shelf queen at your place?

Yeah... I'm in Calgary. It'd probably be cheaper for you to import a PAL CRT than come all the way over here.

Oh, and West Coast, Best Coast. ;)

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Yeah... I'm in Calgary. It'd probably be cheaper for you to import a PAL CRT than come all the way over here.

Oh, and West Coast, Best Coast. ;)

Calgary! Yeah, a bit too far. And I'm sure anywhere in Canada is better than Toronto.

@TheSegaDude you can also try to PAL system on a PVM, they accept 50/60…

I'd love to see what a PVM looks like. Would be nice to compare RGB next to Component. I've always been happy with component and I'm afraid I would like RGB more if I ever saw it. And PAL NTSC compatibility is another plus for picking one up. I didn't know this about them.

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Just got back from a roadtrip I undertook to bag this guy and I have to say, its one of the purchases in my entire life thats made me happiest. BVM D24.

20220605_190657.JPG

Ill get some better pics of it up and running and post to the CRT fetish thread soon.

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
lCWDtfD.png

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
What kind of dingus puts the steak on top of the fries?

Makes no sense, the fries get soggy and you have to move them anyways in order to cut the meat.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Didn't realize food counts for this thread... shall I start posting my groceries? I bought a massive pizza from Safeway today... too bad it's all gone now.

If only I'd known.

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
Didn't realize food counts for this thread... shall I start posting my groceries? I bought a massive pizza from Safeway today... too bad it's all gone now.

If only I'd known.

You're too slow, old man.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I also love it when they give you your ketchup in a tiny plastic cup. Give me the bottle. Cheap bastards.

Cheese on steak sounds gross.

Jon

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I also love it when they give you your ketchup in a tiny plastic cup. Give me the bottle. Cheap bastards.

Jon
I think that's an egg.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Yep that's an egg, NCIS analysis zoom and enhance verified.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member

Jon
I guess you've never had a cheese steak. You're missing out, they're amazing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220720-074116_1.png
    Screenshot_20220720-074116_1.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 2