offical wwe thread

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I heard good things about the lesnar tractor-plug spot.

I watched the video but didn't see the point. I don't know anything about the story or stipulations so I don't get the point of it.

Unless it somehow makes sense, should have saved that one for the rumble.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
There are only two 74 year olds that I think could kick my ass.

Lou Thez and my Old Man.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I heard good things about the lesnar tractor-plug spot.

I watched the video but didn't see the point. I don't know anything about the story or stipulations so I don't get the point of it.

Unless it somehow makes sense, should have saved that one for the rumble.
Why is doing a horrible gimmick any better at the Rumble than Summerslam? It was ridiculously stupid no matter what.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Why is doing a horrible gimmick any better at the Rumble than Summerslam? It was ridiculously stupid no matter what.

I think tipping a bunch of workers out of the ring at a battle royale would be make for a better spectacle. Do it in a woman's match where they only have to go over the second rope (or did they change that rule recently?).

Remember, wrestling is all about storytelling.... And spectacle. As long as it make sense, it works.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I think tipping a bunch of workers out of the ring at a battle royale would be make for a better spectacle. Do it in a woman's match where they only have to go over the second rope (or did they change that rule recently?).

Remember, wrestling is all about storytelling.... And spectacle. As long as it make sense, it works.
It doesn't make sense, though. There is no context in which it makes any sense at all for a tractor to be involved in a wrestling match. Ever.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Yeah, it makes sense.

Brock Lesnar has an endorsement deal with Case-IH (which interestingly enough are rarely seen around here).
Lesnar uses the tractor as part of his entrance.

Boom!. That is why there is a tractor at ringside.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Fami, You take this all way too seriously
Seriously.

Brock and Roman had wrestled a million times, they needed to do something to make it memorable, especially given their limited movesets since they each only do 3 moves now. It was pretty fucking memorable.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
fami is our Jim Cornette. He doesn't like modern wrestling so it's no longer fun for him and he longs for the past.

People pay to hear Cornette bitch at least.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Seriously.

Brock and Roman had wrestled a million times, they needed to do something to make it memorable, especially given their limited movesets since they each only do 3 moves now. It was pretty fucking memorable.
Brock should retire and Roman is not, and has never been, a decent wrestler. They shouldn't book the match at all if they have to bring in a fucking tractor to distract people from how bad it sucks.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If Eric Bishoff had been booking it, the main event would be the tractor faceoff from Footloose.... On the roof.

famicommander

15 Year Member
That gif is a wrestling fan defending shitty wrestling. Which is the opposite of what I'm doing.

If your wrestling show's main event needs shit that has nothing to do with wrestling to make it watchable, you have the wrong wrestlers in your main event. You shouldn't have to hide the wrestlers.

herb

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
That gif is a wrestling fan defending shitty wrestling. Which is the opposite of what I'm doing.

If your wrestling show's main event needs shit that has nothing to do with wrestling to make it watchable, you have the wrong wrestlers in your main event. You shouldn't have to hide the wrestlers.
It's entertainment, my guy. It's not that deep lol

famicommander

15 Year Member
It's entertainment, my guy. It's not that deep lol
It's not entertaining, though. It's just stupid. Nobody said it was deep or that it had to be. Just that what they put on screen was bad.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
He was talking about the effects of bumps that Funk took over his career.

Willis wasn't necessarily defending Funk working. If anything, quite the opposite.

herb

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
We need funk vs flair in and exploding barbed wire Deathmatch

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
PSA

Every so often we get fresh faces or people who rarely post who get homoerotic feelings for wrestling so good news for those of you.

Anthony Bowens, one half of the tag team The Acclaimed, is gay so watch out for him fagors. Old news to the regulars.