Sold - Ikegami 1917R multi sync CRT

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Sold sold sold - $2k elsewhere along with some other bits (cables, BNC adapters, etc)

For sale: $2k OBO

Ikegami HTM-1917R picked up in Bay Area California, or you arrange freight shipping.

Willing to negotiate for a good home, especially for NorCal crew

• Does 240p, 480i, 480p (dipswitch inside) as well as 720 and 1080i HD resolutions, via RGB component, or SDI input cards.

• Glorious 19/20" screen. This is basically Ikegami's BVM A20f1u equivalent, with a built in remote so no fussing there.

• Great monitor, solid color, sharpness, and geometry. Fully functional pull out adjustment remote tray.

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Last edited:

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
These go for far more elsewhere, so I took a guess at a fair price for a better community like this ... and thus "make me an offer" and "OBO", which you complained about too. Sounds like you just like to complain. 🤷‍♂️

I said I was willing to make a deal for a local pickup in Norcal... this might just not be the forum to sell this. Sorry dudes.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You wanted community members to outbid each other. So fuck off to ebay with your MMAO bullshit. Like I said earlier I don't need CRTs, especially none for the price of a 65'' flagship OLED.

Last edited:

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
You need a hug or some chamomile tea or something Hanzo. Chillax. I’ve sold many many arcade cabinets and monitors at less than going rate to local enthusiasts. I’m not in this to price gouge people, that’s why I posted here first rather than eBay.

But you’re right, I’ll fuck off to somewhere else.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
$2k lol

A buddy of mine had like 6 or 8 of these that he bought from a TV station a couple years ago, they're nice monitors but nothing special. I think he sold all but 2 for around $500 each.

This is not one of those retro communities where everybody and their uncle is willing to kill someone for a monitor like a lot of other places. You'd have better luck with the spastics on the FB CRT group. Those dipshits will pay full price, drive 6 hours each way and suck you off just for the opportunity.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
$2k lol

A buddy of mine had like 6 or 8 of these that he bought from a TV station a couple years ago, they're nice monitors but nothing special. I think he sold all but 2 for around $500 each.

This is not one of those retro communities where everybody and their uncle is willing to kill someone for a monitor like a lot of other places. You'd have better luck with the spastics on the FB CRT group. Those dipshits will pay full price, drive 6 hours each way and suck you off just for the opportunity.
Haha, clearly. Minutes after posting there I got offers above asking to freight it. No happy endings though.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Off course he's lying. He also edited the op multiple times. MMAO after 66 trades tells all.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
LMAO @ this thread.

The only thing more outlandish than the OP "not knowing" that MMAO'a are a no-no here are the members of the all mighty "community" all but hurt at the realty that demand outstrips supply on many classes of CRT's now & the prices have followed suit.

Said members should be thread shitting on every neo game sales thread as the same market (general market, not N-G.com market) principals still apply.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
$2k lol

Unfortunately, you are correct.

The 2 PVM'S I had were bought (years ago) for $50 each. They were both Sony 20m2mdu. Just last month they were going for $1600-2000, which is insane.

Sold one last year to @yagamikun for $100.

If someone gives you a good deal, pass it on. That is how this community SHOULD work.

Jon

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
The 2 PVM'S I had were bought (years ago) for $50 each. They were both Sony 20m2mdu. Just last month they were going for $1600-2000, which is insane.
Same, I had a 20M2MDU which came from TekYard medical ages ago. They had pallets of them for $50 each plus shipping. It was $130 to my door. In 2018 I traded it for a complete IIGS system, which for a few years looked like a dumb move as PVM prices spiked, but seems to be balancing out a little bit. (When I say complete I mean system, monitor, disk drives, etc etc with receipt from the original owner, all bought together from an apple dealer).

Most of the PVM's I've bought and sold have been within this or the shmups forum communities and have been in the $50-200 range. But demand and lunacy has driven the prices way beyond anything I would pay again.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean they're hard to find. You can't just get on Craigslist or call an old TV station for PVMs like in the early 2010s. A friend of mine used to just drive around SF and pick them up by the dumpsters.

I don't think 2k is fair or even reasonable, but I don't think 1k is out of question anymore. Lack of supply. Hoarders. eBay-flation, all fucking hitting a perfect storm. Even consumer sets like my JVC can fetch 100 bucks on FB Marketplace which is lunacy. I got lucky with my 14L2 (untested and sent a low offer) but I haven't found a 20 inch PVM with RGB anywhere within a reasonable price.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
LMAO @ this thread.

The only thing more outlandish than the OP "not knowing" that MMAO'a are a no-no here are the members of the all mighty "community" all but hurt at the realty that demand outstrips supply on many classes of CRT's now & the prices have followed suit.

Said members should be thread shitting on every neo game sales thread as the same market (general market, not N-G.com market) principals still apply.
It's more that he would even come here and expect that we would be chomping at the bit. The MMAO is just the cherry on top, he knew exactly how much he wanted for it but was clearly fishing anyways. Then when he gets called out he plays the classic dismissive jokester and claims we're all butthurt babies.

Nobody here is butthurt that RGB monitors are expensive now as most of us have had them for years already or use upscaling setups.

I'm more upset that a majority of people that have recently got PVMs and the like don't actually use them. They just endlessly fuck around with the settings and take pictures of title screens to show to other autists.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
It’s the multi sync broadcast monitors that have really skyrocketed. (480p and above) while standard 15khz PVMs have grown it’s not as fast a rate.

BVM A20F1U multi syncs go above $3k all the time. Just the input cards are hundreds, even repros. The remotes and power connectors are hundreds.

It may not be popular, but $2k for a similar monitor package from Ikegami isn’t a crazy price at this point in time. And hey, it’s only worth what it sells for.

Also, depends on the area you live in. NorCal has inflated prices across the board.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Nobody here is butthurt that RGB monitors are expensive now.

That is bulllshit, and deep down, you know that. This forum has been a mainstay of passive aggressive resentment towards shit like this (shit that they can no longer afford as it has skyrocketed in value) for a long time. To be fair, it is throughout many collectors communities from automotive, to watches, etc. There is a whole new type of buyer for CRT's now (honestly, there are a few of them) & they ain't like us for the most part. The market will follow accordingly.

There is is one point here here you state that is absolutely true:

He knew exactly how much he wanted for it but was clearly fishing anyways.

BINGO!

To the OP: You already knew the existing market cap on this item so you had a solid valuation in mind. You brought shit on yourself by not having s starting price on this CRT. The most you could have justified on a private forum would have been like that of a Neo home cart: the median ebay price less the 14% of the shipped total. You still would have been given some shit but you would have had a leg to stand on. Your activity shows other sales threads started by you with prices recently so you you seem you know how this goes.

I also found this odd: "Picked up in Bay Area California, or you arrange freight shipping."
......It's a 19" CRT.........not a full size arcade cab. All it takes is a 2" x 100" rol of fresh bubble wrap from home depot & a true 2-ply/double wall shipping box & you are good.

EDIT: I saw your just changed the status of this to sold. It would be best for you to include what it sold for & if it was through here or off site.

Last edited:

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
EDIT: I saw your just changed the status of this to sold. It would be best for you to include what it sold for & if it was through here or off site.
Edited to clarify it was off site.

Off site, $2k along with some other bits (cables, BNC adapters, etc)

Last edited:

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0