BEST TV Shows to watch... CURRENTLY...

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Strong start for House of the Dragon. The theme song requires some rejiggering of weeeiner-weiner-weiner though.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
The new Beavis and Butt-Head episodes are hilarious. Even better than Do the Universe.

They are still slowly rolling out the remastered older episodes with the original videos restored. They made it seem like they were going to drop them all at once but they only have a few from each season up so far.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I finished The Rehearsal. Somehow it managed to get even weirder, but not in a similar way to the earlier episodes. Bit of a downturn IMO to be honest, but Fielder is so out there that it's hard to really say what seems normal or good. Definitely worth watching but it's probably helpful to know that it gets much less deadpan funny and kinda, I dunno, more navel-gazing in the second half.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I finished The Rehearsal. Somehow it managed to get even weirder, but not in a similar way to the earlier episodes. Bit of a downturn IMO to be honest, but Fielder is so out there that it's hard to really say what seems normal or good. Definitely worth watching but it's probably helpful to know that it gets much less deadpan funny and kinda, I dunno, more navel-gazing in the second half.
I would agree that there was a bit of a downturn in the last couple episodes, the tone shifts fairly drastically as he gets further/deeper into the process/weirder it gets. But those last couple episodes have some of the best bits.

The show as a whole is an incredible piece of work. Utterly bizarre and fascinating, the level of depth is so far beyond where you think it's going to go.

Though it is still in many ways a gimmick, he's essentially tricking people into actually confronting the very situations they are trying to avoid. It's the rest of the shit he does and lengths/depths that he goes to and the adherence to his own bizarre rules/process that really makes it interesting.

Reactions: jro

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
What We Do In The Shadows- This season has been all over the place. The newest episode either one of the best or the worst, I can't tell anymore.

Only Murderers in the Building- Season finale was meh. I'm glad they did a second season but I think I'm good now, they can stop.

Running with the Devil- Netflix doc about John McAfee. Garbage but of course it was garbage it's by VICE. There was another doc a few years ago that was much better which investigated the murder of his neighbor and revealed a lot more about his insanity and penchant for drugs and whores. All this really did was give an insane sociopath an audience to play to while he was fleeing impending incarceration. They shouldn't have given any credence to his claims of grand conspiracies etc.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
GOT: House of the Dragon- Like everyone else I got pretty burned out on anything GOT related by the end of the original series so I wasn't exactly hyped about this. I'm glad I had low expectations because this is nowhere near as strong as the OG premier. It's lacking the strong and engaging characters out of the gate which was one of the things that made the original so watchable. The cast itself is also fairly weak and they seem to either be totally lacking in screen presence or overacting to a cartoonish degree. The sex and violence seems very forced and almost out of place as opposed to how natural it felt in the original. The CG as expected in still awful.

The main girl is creepy as fuck looking and it's really distracting. She looks like one of those freakish little kids from the Jim Carey Grinch movie.

I'm still willing to give it a shot because there is potential but that was a pretty lackluster premier.

Reactions: jro

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Anyone watch seasons 3 of Solar Opposites or Harley Quinn? SO is a guilty pleasure for me but I really enjoyed the first two seasons of HQ.

Last edited:

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Season 3 was about on par as the first two. Harley has been ok, not as good as the first two seasons. But still funny.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
GOT: House of the Dragon- Like everyone else I got pretty burned out on anything GOT related by the end of the original series so I wasn't exactly hyped about this. I'm glad I had low expectations because this is nowhere near as strong as the OG premier. It's lacking the strong and engaging characters out of the gate which was one of the things that made the original so watchable. The cast itself is also fairly weak and they seem to either be totally lacking in screen presence or overacting to a cartoonish degree. The sex and violence seems very forced and almost out of place as opposed to how natural it felt in the original. The CG as expected in still awful.

The main girl is creepy as fuck looking and it's really distracting. She looks like one of those freakish little kids from the Jim Carey Grinch movie.

I'm still willing to give it a shot because there is potential but that was a pretty lackluster premier.
It does indeed feel more like a bargain-bin riff on the original. Actors, sets, CG, everything just has a feel to it like HBO is not particularly confident that the show is gonna do well.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Anyone watch seasons 3 of Solar Opposites or Harley Quinn? SO is a guilty pleasure for me but I really enjoyed the first two seasons of HQ.
I haven't started the new Harley Quinn season yet but I will get to it soon. But the good news is that the show was renewed for another season today, so it's not part of the mass cancellations that have been hitting WB lately.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
I just watched the first 8 episodes of MO. I hope they renew it, because they left it so far from how it started, lol.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
It does indeed feel more like a bargain-bin riff on the original. Actors, sets, CG, everything just has a feel to it like HBO is not particularly confident that the show is gonna do well.
so, what you are telling me is that they rushed to finish GoT and give us shit for the final 2 seasons to give us a worse show? greaaaat.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Anyone watch seasons 3 of Harley Quinn?
I actually think it's the strongest season so far. There's some great references and top shelf mockery plus the characters are all all fully fleshed out so there's more for the writers to work with. It's starting to feel more like the later seasons of Venture Bros and less like a try hard edgey adult cartoon. The only real problem I have with it is with how much relationship stuff there is now but it's not enough to spoil the fun.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
I thought the Rick and Morty premiere was pretty strong overall
Spoiler:

They established a lot of canon:
-main-Morty's original Rick is the one who killed main-Rick's family
-main-Jerry was actually switched at the Jerryboree in season 2, so we've been following a different character since then
-So this means that only Summer and Beth are actually from the same version of their family
-they ruined another Earth and had to move one where they pronounce "parmesan" wrong
-every member of main-Morty's original family is now dead except Rick, whom he has never actually met
-Rick built an AI version of his wife to haunt him as punishment for letting her and Beth die

NexusX

Astra Superstar
so, what you are telling me is that they rushed to finish GoT and give us shit for the final 2 seasons to give us a worse show? greaaaat.
In my opinion reading A Song of Ice and Fire lore like a textbook is more entertaining than actually watching some of these shows. There's only so much patience I have seeing somebody get banged in the background while two characters talk about some dialogue that may or may not matter. World building lore is great but how they deliver this is lackluster.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
In my opinion reading A Song of Ice and Fire lore like a textbook is more entertaining than actually watching some of these shows. There's only so much patience I have seeing somebody get banged in the background while two characters talk about some dialogue that may or may not matter. World building lore is great but how they deliver this is lackluster.
I went in with very low expectations and it exceeded it. I think it's an okay show 3 episodes in.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
It's barely tolerable imo. The fight scene with the Crab Feeder was embarrassing, whoever edited that should be ashamed of themselves.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Been watching Black Spot. It's a French supernatural murder mystery series on Netflix. A kind of a cross between Twin Peaks, X-Files and True Detective with a heavy dose of Celtic mysticism. Though it's not as good as and lacking the charm of any of those other shows. It's alright, surprisingly un-French feeling which is a plus. Has some really nice shots of the crazy forest it's set in.

famicommander

15 Year Member
It was good but I feel pretty sad that I will never feel that same excitement as I had watching the first two or three seasons. That lightning in a bottle energy has long since gone.
It took them almost 10 years to put out 52 episodes. King of the Hill and Simpsons used to do that in under 2 years in their prime.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I actually think it's the strongest season so far. There's some great references and top shelf mockery plus the characters are all all fully fleshed out so there's more for the writers to work with. It's starting to feel more like the later seasons of Venture Bros and less like a try hard edgey adult cartoon. The only real problem I have with it is with how much relationship stuff there is now but it's not enough to spoil the fun.
I'll have to give the new season more of a chance then. The first episode of season 3 felt like such a slog.