What is the game you play the most in Neogeo?

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Remember all the dialogue in Nam-1975 as it will come in handy when dealing with the residents.

My tour operator says he used to know Dr. R. Muckly. Apparently after the trauma of being a POW during the war, he moved to West Korea to open a small hospital focusing on reproductive plastic surgery. He hasn’t heard from him in a while.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
My tour operator says he used to know Dr. R. Muckly. Apparently after the trauma of being a POW during the war, he moved to West Korea to open a small hospital focusing on reproductive plastic surgery. He hasn’t heard from him in a while.
Well this is a normal street food situation, best to avoid.
image.jpg

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I'm astounded there are so many active members here who do actually play Neo Geo games still... You'd think there would be more who like playing with the games, if you know what I mean...

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Over the years - Fatal Fury Special overall - I described it the other day as "the most "Neo-Geo game that ever did Neo-Geo." I play a lot, though. RBS, KOF 95 and 98, SS2 and 3, Last Blade, Metal Slug 1-3 probably get most of my time. Went through a Neo shmup phase a while back, but don't revisit those too often.

If friends are over, it's lots of World Heroes 2, Sengoku 2, Mutation Nation, and Windjammers

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Over the years - Fatal Fury Special overall - I described it the other day as "the most "Neo-Geo game that ever did Neo-Geo." I play a lot, though. RBS, KOF 95 and 98, SS2 and 3, Last Blade, Metal Slug 1-3 probably get most of my time. Went through a Neo shmup phase a while back, but don't revisit those too often.

If friends are over, it's lots of World Heroes 2, Sengoku 2, Mutation Nation, and Windjammers
I remember when Kristoff got KOF2K in. Was it true you and he put in 20+ hours playing that game over the course of a weekend?

For me, Garou: MOTW, no question. I have put the same amount of hours into that game as I have a modern day RPG.

Jon

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
I remember when Kristoff got KOF2K in. Was it true you and he put in 20+ hours playing that game over the course of a weekend?

For me, Garou: MOTW, no question. I have put the same amount of hours into that game as I have a modern day RPG.

Jon
That's very true! We played and still play fighting games together voraciously. We devoured this stuff when it came out in High School and college both. We spent a good amount of our weekends together playing fighters. When we worked at that store we just sat there and played MVS all day. Good times. ^_^

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Magician Lord & Nam for me, every time I play Magician Lord and hear the first stage music it takes me back like the first time seeing it in arcade. Nam does this to me also first stage was so incredible first time playing it. These will always be my favorites.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Magician Lord & Nam for me, every time I play Magician Lord and hear the first stage music it takes me back like the first time seeing it in arcade.
Yeah, ditto.

No matter what, that first level of Magician Lord. Those floating obelisks in the background. That nice sunset. The Buddha-esque statue. The stretchy long arm guy. The winged thing. Those strutting skeletons. The waterfall. The music. The magician lord himself with his hat and lanky arms.

I can play that and everytime it will teleport me to 6 years old me at the bowling alley. May as well have been black magic to me at that time. Sometimes I wonder what is black magic to kids in 2022.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I’d say KOF 98 in an full sized Neo, on Pocket it was Card Fighters 2.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Magician Lord & Nam for me, every time I play Magician Lord and hear the first stage music it takes me back like the first time seeing it in arcade. Nam does this to me also first stage was so incredible first time playing it. These will always be my favorites.
I always get an Altered Beast impression whenever I play Magician Lord. Not a bad thing, always fun.

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
KoF96, SamSho2 & RBFF.

But these days only on ACA NeoGeo on PS4.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Probably Fatal Fury Special, or Samurai Shodown 2.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
4 slot is skewing a little young these days;

Spinmaster
Zupapa
Captain Tomatoday
Bust A Move

(i gots kids, and they gots friends like like to play on the cabs)