SOTM October 2022 Voting

Vote for your choice(s) for October 2022 Shmup!

• Battle Bakraid

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Brave Blade

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Bells & Whistles / Detana Twinbee

• Dangun Feveron / Fever SOS

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Sky Shark

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Voting is up! I tried to keep it interesting, & think these are all new choices, but LMK if I messed that up. Voting options are open for multiple choices, so feel free to vote for multiple games! (Though we'll only play one.)

Notes:
Battle Bakraid - (If we do this, may restrict to the default 8-ish ships or do two tables, one for default ships & one for additional ones)
Brave Blade - Apparently works well in MAME finally
Bells & Whistles - Appears to have ports for modern systems now

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I'm down for Battle Bakraid but I'll be playing on the Astro Mini V through HDMI with a wired USB controller. I read that this limits lag and it's my only option unless I play on my laptop. I wish M2 would stop dicking around and release the Raizing ports.

I need to buy a MISter.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I'm down for Battle Bakraid but I'll be playing on the Astro Mini V through HDMI with a wired USB controller. I read that this limits lag and it's my only option unless I play on my laptop. I wish M2 would stop dicking around and release the Raizing ports.

I need to buy a MISter.
or you can get a TTX2/3...

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member

I need to buy a MISter.

BB on Mister isn't ready for prime time yet. too much lag and graphics issues. Stick with MAME or similar.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
BB on Mister isn't ready for prime time yet. too much lag and graphics issues. Stick with MAME or similar.
BB has gotten MUCH better in latest updates, it’s very solid now

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
It runs the latest MAME and MAME's compatibility for the Toaplan hardware is very good.

How about lag? I thought APB was unplayable through Mame because of lag, but I haven't really messed with it in nearly 10 years.

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
Modern MAME supports fast USB polling to reduce control input lag and variable refresh rate monitors to reduce display lag, so the overall lag approaches what you'd see on original hardware. MiSTer is still better on lag though from what I've seen.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Bakraid on Mister seemed totally fine to me

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
Just wondering does anyone ever pick anything new? Like games from steam or any current shmups? I’d like to see one or two a year be current games that have been released in the last five years if possible. I’d even love a turn at hosting this upcoming year just to get the chance of putting something that’s played on a lcd cabinet or tv through pc or console.
‘’y’all need to pick fever sos that ish is a trip no cap.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Just wondering does anyone ever pick anything new? Like games from steam or any current shmups? I’d like to see one or two a year be current games that have been released in the last five years if possible. I’d even love a turn at hosting this upcoming year just to get the chance of putting something that’s played on a lcd cabinet or tv through pc or console.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member

We did a sotm 2 months ago for Aleste 3 released last year.

Ajax

15 Year Member
If it's a choice between Bakraid and DF, I'd like to change my vote to DF. Played too much Bakraid already.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Go for Detana.

Can't stay another month outside this!

Ajax

15 Year Member
Too much overlap with Parodius, which I'm good to never play again 😭😭

Ajax

15 Year Member
Harmful Park is dope and actually enjoyable.