God and YouTube have the same business model

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
So, YouTube is like, "tired of seeing these ads? YouTube Premium will save you from seeing them." But... I mean... YouTube is the ones that are making us see the ads. They're sending YouTube Preium down to us as a savior. But it's saving us FROM YouTube's own policy. Like how God sent Jesus to us to save us from GOD'S shenanigans. Dude. You're saving us from yourself! Youtube and God both are causing the headaches they're "saving" us from.

In conclusion: God is to YouTube as Jesus is Youtube Premium.

Your thoughts?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
So, YouTube is like, "tired of seeing these ads? YouTube Premium will save you from seeing them." But... I mean... YouTube is the ones that are making us see the ads. They're sending YouTube Preium down to us as a savior. But it's saving us FROM YouTube's own policy. Like how God sent Jesus to us to save us from GOD'S shenanigans. Dude. You're saving us from yourself! Youtube and God both are causing the headaches they're "saving" us from.

Your thoughts?

Puff puff pass, dude.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I see Premium more as pre-Reformation indulgences.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
there is no me on youtube...which I guess makes sense, so nevermind

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
YouTube is two different products. For people with more time than money there is the ad version, for people with more money than time there is the pay version. There is no “New Testament”, it’s just both sides of Google.

You ought to be *really* broke to be watching those ads. Serious. The shit is torture.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Use an ad blocker like a normal person?
This is the correct answer, even though Google intends to build anti-adblock technology into Chrome starting next year.

Brave, Opera, Vivaldi, and other Chromium-based browsers have all said they will try to work around Google's shit but a lot of people are just saying fuck it and switching back to Firefox. I'm a Vivaldi guy and it has internal ad filtering plus it lets you use extensions like Ublock and ABP, so hopefully between the two that's enough to fuck over Google's bullshit.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
This is the correct answer, even though Google intends to build anti-adblock technology into Chrome starting next year.

Brave, Opera, Vivaldi, and other Chromium-based browsers have all said they will try to work around Google's shit but a lot of people are just saying fuck it and switching back to Firefox. I'm a Vivaldi guy and it has internal ad filtering plus it lets you use extensions like Ublock and ABP, so hopefully between the two that's enough to fuck over Google's bullshit.

An example of someone with more time than money.

This ain’t 1998. All the browsers are the same and if they aren’t nobody gives a shit. I’m not going to bother keeping up with what browser does what day by day to defeat Google. I’m just going to pay the…[checks receipts…]…$12 a month. I’m going to gladly pay $12 a month to not have to think about it. I know, I’m acting like a Big Tymer, I know, to some of you another $12 a month would let you double your car payment but…what can I say? I eat name brand rice and go to Taco Bell without any coupons. I’m just flush. If you are too, just pay the $12 and stop wasting your life trying to steal it.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I use braves built in ad blocker and turn on the "play videos in background" options.
No ads and I can open other pages or apps.
I can even shut off the screen and just listen to it podcast style.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
lol no wonder android does everything so you can NOT plug in any kind of network filtering software for ads. Into the pihole it goes.
What? I use Firefox on my cellphone and it has a adblock+ filter that works just like the PC version.
Same thing when using Linux.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
We have a term for that, it’s “conflict of interest” and they are bad for obvious reasons.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
lol no wonder android does everything so you can NOT plug in any kind of network filtering software for ads. Into the pihole it goes.

Pihole wont help with youtube ads, unfortunately. If you try to block stuff on youtube with pihole using Regex stuff, it will just blacklist the actual site because youtube hosts their shit ads on their own server.

For that you need to use AdBlock, or what have you. For phones and tablets you can still try to get Youtube Vanced, though its probably going to stop working pretty soon because Google shit their pants about it. If you have an android box like an NVidia shield, etc - you can use SmartTubeNext. It kills ads, and even skips bullshit in the videos themselves like "Thats why I use keeps! Thats todays sponsor" or babbling off-topic shit, and even the "if this is your first time here please subscribe" (most of the time.)

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Most YouTube ads are crapola, but, sometimes I watch the movie trailer ones.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I was baffled when I learned the reason Youtube app on iOS wouldn't play in the background is because you need Premium subscription. How the fuck do you tie background playback to a subscription.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I was baffled when I learned the reason Youtube app on iOS wouldn't play in the background is because you need Premium subscription. How the fuck do you tie background playback to a subscription.

That feature always seemed like something aimed at the sort of people who used to pay $2.50 each for ring tones back when the entire song was available from the same service for $0.99. Because you couldn’t just use full versions because before the iPhone came our phones were all locked down to fuck and back.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
An example of someone with more time than money.

This ain’t 1998. All the browsers are the same and if they aren’t nobody gives a shit. I’m not going to bother keeping up with what browser does what day by day to defeat Google. I’m just going to pay the…[checks receipts…]…$12 a month. I’m going to gladly pay $12 a month to not have to think about it. I know, I’m acting like a Big Tymer, I know, to some of you another $12 a month would let you double your car payment but…what can I say? I eat name brand rice and go to Taco Bell without any coupons. I’m just flush. If you are too, just pay the $12 and stop wasting your life trying to steal it.
you have a graduate certificate from a community college for probably some shit curriculum. no one confuses you for a big tymer. i'm not sure i've seen someone so smug and boastful about community college as you.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
you have a graduate certificate from a community college for probably some shit curriculum. no one confuses you for a big tymer. i'm not sure i've seen someone so smug and boastful about community college as you.
He's also boasting that he pays for a Youtube subscription and is too stupid to install an adblock extension or a browser with one built in, which takes literally 15 seconds.

FredyFired

Fired up the fuck
Noob of the Year

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Brilliant! Just brilliant! NOT.
You need to cut back on the steroids,Hulk Hogan.
BB

Last edited:

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member

Your thoughts?
God sent Jesus to save us from the maniacal imposter god, Yaldabaoth.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Homeboys over here like: