Steam Deck Portable PC Games Hardware

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I’m using a generic USB c hub at the moment, but I’ll watch for reviews of the dock options now that the official model is out.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Can you play Left 4 Dead on this thing?

You guys remember Left 4 Dead?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
For the price of the new 4000 series GPU from Nvidia you could buy an Xbox Series X, PS5, Nintendo Switch, a Steamdeck, and get a blowjob from a crackwhore.

You'd probably have enough money left for a 12pack of Mountain Dew and some chicken tenders. You'd further save costs if you had your mother cook the tenders for you and bring them down to the basement.

"Mom, I can't pause this game - it's on the internet!"

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Steamdeck is absolutely a steal right now. Especially at $399 if you're open to upgrading the drive yourself or you just spend $50 and get a 512gb SD card.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Steamdeck is absolutely a steal right now. Especially at $399 if you're open to upgrading the drive yourself or you just spend $50 and get a 512gb SD card.
Seems to be a good time to get one. I put in my 512 order on Friday of last week and it's supposed to be here tomorrow.

Handheld Elden Ring incoming, plz!

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
I can play borderlands 3 in my lap. Its like a portable neo geo not made for autists. Shit rules.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Head over to the steam deck sub on Reddit. It’s all autists.

Seriously the amount of people frustrated that they can’t use the Nintendo Switch Dock for the Steam Deck is ludicrous.

That and all the people who post the most basic questions about emulation. I’m actually very surprised at the number of people who have never ran an emulator before.

That’s Reddit for you though.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Dock is nothing to write home about but after updating the deck and then the dock it’s all working as intended with no extra config needed.

I have it setup at my computer desk. Any easy ideas on how to use the same mouse and keyboard on my Deck Dock and PC? Some kind of ludicrous switch? The keyboard I use is also a USB hub so I’d only need to switch a single USB A input.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
I have it setup at my computer desk. Any easy ideas on how to use the same mouse and keyboard on my Deck Dock and PC? Some kind of ludicrous switch? The keyboard I use is also a USB hub so I’d only need to switch a single USB A input.
yeah, a usb hub with a switch should do it. any pics of the steam deck dock, and is the charger the exact same as what came with the deck.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
They’re trying to emulate Vampire Survivors. One I played did have a twin stick style attack.

I had also been playing the game Cursed to Golf, a roguelike where you golf lol. Mechanically I think the game is really excellent. The gameplay is top notch and really fun but I don’t think the game benefits from the roguelike formula. Most roguelike are based on (eventually) being able to do pretty fast runs whereas in this game a run would take you hours. You probably won’t sit down and beat it in a single sitting like you would in Hades or Binding of Issac. You also really don’t get progressively stronger as you play. You can save some one-time use items from run to run but in practice I found that not useful as I never got to a point where I would want to save those items, I always wanted them for my current run. Really think this would have been better as single player game where you went for high score. Really sucks to play for an hour, lose to the boss, then have to play an hour again, only to…lose to the boss again.
I re-bought Elden Ring, God of War, Control, and Dark Souls Remastered for it, all of which seem really good at first glance.

Somehow managed to spend 4 hours on Vampire Survivors and Cursed to Golf instead over the past couple days though. :emb:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Vampire Survivors sucks you in lol. I got stuck on progressing since I wasn’t sure what to do and was to lazy to look it up.

Great game. Great game.