Sports Thread

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Shocking news, Matt Murray still can't cover his glove side. Even when he was young his glove was weak, but he had the lateral movement to compensate for it. Now he doesn't and everybody just casually shoots beach balls past his glove hand.

Avs looked good, as expected. Both goals they allowed were power play one-timers and on one of them it was because Cogliano lost an edge and fell down. 2 goals and an assist from Lehkonen, 2 goals from Nichushkin, 4 assists from Rantanen, 2 assists each for MacKinnon and Makar. Exactly what they need from those guys while they wait for Landeskog to return.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The Leafs have bad defense. That was a known quantity. They knew that when they brought Murray in.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
The Leafs have bad defense. That was a known quantity. They knew that when they brought Murray in.
That instance isn't bad defense, it's just carelessness with the puck and it was in the offensive zone.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
That instance isn't bad defense, it's just carelessness with the puck and it was in the offensive zone.
They gave up 12 odd-man rushes in the game though. Campbell didn't face that many in a single game last year and he's a better goalie.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
The Los Angeles Dodgers pulled a Phoenix Suns late last night: best record in the entire league and fall in the second round of the playoffs. San Diego, which were owned14-5 by the Dodgers all season and finished 22 games behind them in the regular season, end up mounting a big comeback and eliminating LA 3 games to 1. The NL Championship is between the Phillies and Padres. The Dodgers, Braves, Mets and Cardinals all pushed to the side. The AL has Houston, coming off sweeping Seattle waiting for the winner of the Yankees-Guardians series, Cleveland up 2-1 in that series.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
My guess for WS is Padres and Astros.

Watched Tampa host Flyers last night. Really disappointing start for the Lightning, lead 2-0 and then give up three unanswered goals to lose the game.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Surprised that Ti-Cats actually made the playoffs. Especially with such a slow start, it's a good time to get some momentum.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Welp, not really surprised that Ti-Cats lost. Just been that kinda season, sometimes show up, sometimes not. If you cannot score more than a touchdown, you're really not going to win many games in the CFL.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Bombers have no excuses. Gotta beat the Lions this weekend.

Their schedule was
Lions
bye week
Lions
first round playoff bye
Lions (West Division final)

Same opponent three games in a row with two off weeks mixed in to rest and watch.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
BC and Winnipeg seem to be the only teams who know how to score TDs lately.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
BC was the last team that probably could keep up with Winnipeg. Barring elements at Mosaic Stadium in Regina, I foresee Bombers winning the Grey Cup again.

famicommander

15 Year Member
BC was the last team that probably could keep up with Winnipeg. Barring elements at Mosaic Stadium in Regina, I foresee Bombers winning the Grey Cup again.
If the weather is bad that favors the Bombers even more. Winnipeg's weather is way shittier than Toronto's on average, the Bombers' run game is on fire, and Toronto can stop the run for anything.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
If the weather is bad that favors the Bombers even more. Winnipeg's weather is way shittier than Toronto's on average, the Bombers' run game is on fire, and Toronto can stop the run for anything.
I still find it hard to believe that the Argos are the best team in the east. I think that'll change next year when Bo Levi Mitchell is under center for the Ti-Cats next season.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Avs missing Landeskog, Nichushkin, Helm, Girard, Byram, MacDermid.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Sabres host the expansion bros Canucks tonight in downtown Buffalo. Hopefully, Sabres turn things around.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Collaros missed practice with an ankle injury today. He's the best player in the league. Bombers don't necessarily need him to beat the Argos but I'd certainly prefer that he plays. Bombers are 34-4 in games he plays in.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
We'll see if McLeod Bethel-Thompson can get up for the Grey Cup, he's surprised me over the past couple of years. Especially since he was benched, but seems to have made a big turnaround.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Normally I wouldn't root for the Argos, but I'll make an exception for the Grey Cup since Hamilton didn't make it.