Analogue Pocket

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The price isn't terrible, but I'm not grasping to get this. I dont like the form factor, and there are still so many unknowns. They could charge $100 for each module for all we know.

stormy

B. Jenet's Firstmate
10 Year Member
Looks like a decent amount of salt on Twitter about this, specifically the shipping calculator portion of website not allowing people to submit orders in timely manner.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
I’m still waiting for the super Nt restock. I knew this would sell out immediately. Good thing I had to work this morning so I wouldn’t waste my money with immediate regret since it won’t ship til probably this time next year

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Let me know once the product ships and the reviews come in. It’s way too far off to drop that much cash with only hype and no reviews.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Let me know once the product ships and the reviews come in. It’s way too far off to drop that much cash with only hype and no reviews.

right? It might as well be an Indiegogo campaign at this point.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I don't buy the whole Covid excuse either. These dudes's whole business model is based on fake scarcity. Whatever, I'm just gonna IPS mod a GBP and call it a day.

Same. Just got on break and was hoping to pre order one but fuck it might as well just mod a GBA and GBPC and call it good. Would have been nice to have an all in one but handhelds but why did they have to go down this route again? Not like they wont sell either.

pathlesscookies

New Challenger
Yea I was out on the road and missed the preorder now oos but I'm sure it will come back in stock. Waiting a year though idk about that.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
I was somehow magically able to snag one - so I'll put up impressions...in 9 months lol.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Do I need these adapter things or am I gonna be able to load NGPC / Lynx / PCE ROMs at some point?

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I'm sure cores to run those games aren't far off. I want to use this as a modern PC Engine GT though, so I scooped. Here's to hoping they ship before 2025.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Do I need these adapter things or am I gonna be able to load NGPC / Lynx / PCE ROMs at some point?
You can load PCE roms already since the core is available. Other cores/roms you can load are NeoGeo/SNES/NES/Genesis and a few other arcade games.

Ajax

15 Year Member
Has anybody who preordered last December received theirs yet? I got a notification saying that they were preparing my order, but that was like a month ago. This fuckin' company, I swear...

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
You can load PCE roms already since the core is available. Other cores/roms you can load are NeoGeo/SNES/NES/Genesis and a few other arcade games.
Oh cool. I didn't know you could put console games on it.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Has anybody who preordered last December received theirs yet? I got a notification saying that they were preparing my order, but that was like a month ago. This fuckin' company, I swear...
I emailed them today and they shipped it. This one isn’t for me but another member here.

Ajax

15 Year Member
Ah cool, I dropped 'em a reply to that message just now. Let's see what happens.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I emailed them today and they shipped it. This one isn’t for me but another member here.
Just got the pocket in today it was delayed by a day.

I love how they put The information of what’s in the box on the outside for everyone to see

arbormatt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
Got mine and the dock in today. I’m not a huge handheld guy but the wife approves. Looks pretty great so far.

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
I got mine in a couple days ago but no dock, which I'm still waiting on. I'm not hot on the dpad and buttons, and it weighs a little more than I expected, but the screen looks beautiful and all the cores I've tried feel lag-free. I pulled off some fairly difficult combos with cancels in Garou just last night.

Hopefully screen filters are added to these cores.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Stupid Question: Is there any reason to own the Analogue MD or SNES of you have the Pocket and the dock, other than the ability to play physical carts? They're loading the same exact FPGA cores, right?

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Stupid Question: Is there any reason to own the Analogue MD or SNES of you have the Pocket and the dock, other than the ability to play physical carts? They're loading the same exact FPGA cores, right?

pretty much, yeah

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I got mine in a couple days ago but no dock, which I'm still waiting on. I'm not hot on the dpad and buttons, and it weighs a little more than I expected, but the screen looks beautiful and all the cores I've tried feel lag-free. I pulled off some fairly difficult combos with cancels in Garou just last night.

Hopefully screen filters are added to these cores.
I don’t think they are gonna ever ship mine

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
As more cores are released - the more obsolete this form-factor is becoming. Nice piece of kit but its outgrowing its pants.