Watermelon smashing comedian Gallagher dies at 76

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I was just listening to “What am I Doing in New Jersey” last night. As hilarious as ever. Comparing Carlin to Gallagher. You may as well be comparing London Calling to I Want Candy. Please.

I saw Carlin on his last tour, jokes that never made it to tape ever. He was funnier then than Gallagher ever was. I loved Galagher VHS tapes as a kid, but he just got worse after his peak. More importantly, it is Gallagher who turned into a grumpy old man. He wasn’t funny. He got old timers disease and went all coocoo right wing. That Maron interview where he walked out in the middle…ridiculous.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Anyone who hates on Carrot Top probably never got over his 'new' roided out look from like...2003?

I saw his show in Vegas in 2011. Unexpectedly funny. Really creative, no wasted time.

I was looking at some pictures of Gallagher from the early 90s and freakin hell man, I dunno, just kinda depressing. Made me wonder about his private life and how depressing it was.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
London Calling is overrated
Maybe a 7.5-8
That's the kind of music I like too
I have it, I doubt I've played it more than ten times

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I agree. The one with Garageland on it is best. I should have just compared The Clash to Bow Wow Wow.

If you actually think Carlin, widely regarded as the greatest of all time with Pryor, Bruce, and Hicks being some of the only ones even near his level…isn’t any better or worse than Gallagher then you’re either totally ignorant of both artist’s output or you’re from another planet. I’d put Life is Worth Losing up against any comedy record ever.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Anyways Carlin has large swaths of his career where he wasn't funny.
To the ininitaited he comes across as a grumpy old man at the end.
I bet if he hadn't of gotten that couple seconds in Bill & Tedd I never would have heard of him.
BS. Carlin was at the top of his game at the end. He never sold out. Always stayed true to his pessimist persona, and got funnier the older he got. Check out his last couple specials, and his American Dream documentary on HBO this year.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
BS. Carlin was at the top of his game at the end. He never sold out. Always stayed true to his pessimist persona, and got funnier the older he got. Check out his last couple specials, and his American Dream documentary on HBO this year.

His last album was, IMO, his best ever.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Anyways Carlin has large swaths of his career where he wasn't funny.
To the ininitaited he comes across as a grumpy old man at the end.
I bet if he hadn't of gotten that couple seconds in Bill & Tedd I never would have heard of him.

Says way more about you than it does Carlin.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Anyone who hates on Carrot Top probably never got over his 'new' roided out look from like...2003?

I saw his show in Vegas in 2011. Unexpectedly funny. Really creative, no wasted time.

I was looking at some pictures of Gallagher from the early 90s and freakin hell man, I dunno, just kinda depressing. Made me wonder about his private life and how depressing it was.

The difference is that Carrot Top is, by all accounts, a super nice guy (if a little weird) where as Gallagher was a bitter old bigot.