FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
don't watch. wtf is wrong with you? just check online for scores.

I’ll not watch every match, but I’ll watch the odd game especially when things get interesting in the quarter final stages onwards, probably with friends or colleagues in the pub after work.

Yes Qatar are terrible with their human rights records, anti gay, anti women, thousands
of workers killed making the stadiums, it’s barbaric I agree. And the current head of Fifa is an arse now calling the West racists for pointing this out.

D9614F9C-8D65-485F-AF48-6AF9B0EC56DF.jpeg

But I don’t think me not watching a few games will change anything.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Are we seriously all saying we're not going to watch the world cup to show our solidarity with gay Qataris?

I bet they watch it.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
I’ll not watch every match, but I’ll watch the odd game especially when things get interesting in the quarter final stages onwards, probably with friends or colleagues in the pub after work.

Yes Qatar are terrible with their human rights records, anti gay, anti women, thousands
of workers killed making the stadiums, it’s barbaric I agree. And the current head of Fifa is an arse now calling the West racists for pointing this out.

View attachment 60846

But I don’t think me not watching a few games will change anything.
two words. bud. zero.

be on the right side of history.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Are we seriously all saying we're not going to watch the world cup to show our solidarity with gay Qataris?

I bet they watch it.
i will be watching real football, the american variety, and absorbing all media regarding it instead of football, the gay kind.

StevenK

10 Year Member
i will be watching real football, the american variety, and absorbing all media regarding it instead of football, the gay kind.
You don't have to pretend to like any sports in front of me

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I have thought this was a completely ridiculous idea since they announced the location years ago.

"Fixtures staged in the afternoon in Qatar are expected to be played with temperatures around 91-93 degrees Fahrenheit (33-34 degrees Celsius), while even those that kick off at 10 p.m. local time are likely to be played at around 79 F (26 C) and humidity above 60%."

Brutal.
I was in Qatar a few years ago in August. Dude. All I can say is brutal is an understatement.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I don't think anyone is surprised that Qatar can't play football.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Peeps didn't even watch it till the end. Most "fans" left the stadium after one hour. Terrible opening game even for British standards.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
The BBC didn't even broadcast the opening ceremony in the UK, instead it put on interviews with Amnesty International about the dead workers during the construction of the stadiums.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I, for one, am happy that a nation has finally stood up to the west in it's sinful, wicked, amoral promotion of the act of drinking Budweiser.

Honestly Budweiser wouid be perfect for those ludicrously hot afternoon games. Keep everyone hydrated.

The BBC didn't even broadcast the opening ceremony in the UK, instead it put on interviews with Amnesty International about the dead workers during the construction of the stadiums.

Good for them. Fuck FIFA for taking the blood money, fuck anyone who attended this travesty and most of all, fuck the oppressive, garbage people that run that shithole country.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Feels weird having the World Cup in November but I will try to watch every game as usual.

Don't give a fuck about the sanctimonious political commentary so once again I will be watching on Telemundo.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I'm a big footie fan but I'm not going to watch that shit. Fuck Qatar, fuck FIFA, shove yer corrupt WC travesty up yer arses.

Not questioning your integrity, but if Germany got through the group stages... would you reconsider in the support of the team? Politics aside?

Manuel Neuer probably won't wear one either. FIFA threatened the captains with sanctions.

Fuck it, take this fucking yellow card.

Bale from Wales worn the arm band and didn't get a card. England got showed up.

Last edited:

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
France v Australia at 7 pm, France are the favourites but hoping the Aussies put up a good fight.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Isnt american football just the gayer version of Rugby.
False. Rugby is the father of American football that lives vicariously through it like a son banging the head cheerleader.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Not questioning your integrity, but if Germany got through the group stages... would you reconsider in the support of the team? Politics aside?

I don't think we'll make it much further than the first round but even if we do, I'm not going to watch it. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't care for how our boys will perform but this time, FIFA went too far with their corrupt shit and Infantino's hypocrisy tirade nailed the coffin shut for me.

So, I may check out the results of certain matches in the papers next morning but I'm definitely, positively not gonna support the Qatar boolshite by watching any of the matches on TV, and that is the end of the story for me. I don't mind if others watch it, to each his own.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
False. Rugby is the father of American football that lives vicariously through it like a son banging the head cheerleader.
I dunno, man. Rugby...ers? Rugby men? Ruggers? Rugrogs? Use a lot less padding and mom-safe keep-your-neck-straight-Timmy equipment than american football.

That shit should be called American Rugby or Pigskin/Scrimmage rather than football. You only use your foot on the titular ball less than cradling it in their loving padded arms.

sidenote: I couldn't care less about literally any sport, and only will sometimes pay attention to the World Cup if Mexico is playing. I honestly didn't even knew it started recently until I heard about it on John Oliver.

StevenK

10 Year Member
You're more likely to hear about them banging the cheerleaders head than banging the head cheerleader. In between commercial breaks, obviously.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
I dunno, man. Rugby...ers? Rugby men? Ruggers? Rugrogs? Use a lot less padding and mom-safe keep-your-neck-straight-Timmy equipment than american football.

That shit should be called American Rugby or Pigskin/Scrimmage rather than football. You only use your foot on the titular ball less than cradling it in their loving padded arms.

sidenote: I couldn't care less about literally any sport, and only will sometimes pay attention to the World Cup if Mexico is playing. I honestly didn't even knew it started recently until I heard about it on John Oliver.
Pads make it more dangerous, actually. A false sense of protection makes them more reckless. Also, I. Rugby you don't have the same type of collisions because the offensive and defensive players collide with each other at maximum speed from opposite directions.