Bitcoin?

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
We haven’t had the golden standard of the dollar since the 70s but a dollar will be worth something (imo) long after crypto is dead. Quantitive easing was a stupid policy but ultimately that money will be paid back into the system.

According to Forbes bitcoin mining annually uses the same amount of electricity as Norway but yeah that’s a crap example as who cares about Norway… more like Snoreway ammIrite?

This is not investment advice blah blah.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
It's actually stupider that a ponzi scheme. With those the perpetrators at least try to be subtle because they want to keep the scam going. Most crypto and NFTs promoters are basically completely open about ripping off as many people as possible, as fast as possible, with as little effort as possible. That's not a good long term goal, even in the scamming world.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
its funny how the rich investors are crying for government oversight and regulation.
All of this shady backend exchange stuff happens completely off the blockchain.... on purpose. good luck.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Wow, Sam Bankrun-Fraud really fucked up. I hope @hyper didn't lose his life savings.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
I hope Tom Brady didn’t loose much on FTX ..

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
The whole recent trend of getting celebrities and influencers to promote financial/investment things is so ridiculous. If you lost a bunch of money by "investing" in some shady thing because Matt Damon, Tom Brady or Charli D'amellio told you to, you probably deserve it.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Invest in Porsches.

They are the only asset I own that hasn't lost money in the last 2 years apart from maybe the house (for now).

I'm not even joking.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Did you get the electric?

Haha no I've only got a piddly little 924 and an old 911 (996 gen). But they both are going up in value which is nice.

Those electric ones are going for 25% more than they cost new straight out the forecourt over here, maybe even more.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Haha no I've only got a piddly little 924 and an old 911 (996 gen). But they both are going up in value which is nice.

Those electric ones are going for 25% more than they cost new straight out the forecourt over here, maybe even more.

A friend of a friend has one and he says he has to keep his garage shut whenever he has people coming over to do maintenance on his house because they automatically increase the bill once they look at the car.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Yup it's a thing. Porsche tax. Even at the car wash 'the sign says £5, but for you sir... £7'.

Dicks lol.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Does crytocurrency-as-speculative-asset have another rally in it or is that all over?

If so, did we ever figure out what utility it ended up having? That is, does cryptocurrency-as-currency have any kind of future?

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Oh, it’ll rally again. It will always produce windfalls for someone.

It will never be mainstream money though. It has criminality written into the design. Normal people want money that is as unlikely to disappear as possible as opposed to designed to disappear.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member

FTX was the biggest domino to tip…now BlockFi is bankrupt.

Glad I got out when I did…

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
withdrew my ETH

Thinking of clearing out my Binance.

Probably just sticking to BTC. Is Cash App good for that?

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Bitcoins was just for money laundering, ever since China crack down on capital exit, it the main reason the demand for it was so high demand in China as they just buy it with Chinese cash in China And cashed out in Europe or Australia or the USA . There is so much money that need to laundered the don’t really count money they just put it on a scale and weight it .

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Time to buy a ps5 game with my remaining $80 bucks of eth and bail.