Bitcoin?

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
withdrew my ETH

Thinking of clearing out my Binance.

Probably just sticking to BTC. Is Cash App good for that?
you shouldn't keep anything you aren't actively trading with or set aside on limit orders, on exchanges. if you have a decent amount, i recommend you get one of the ledger nanos or trezors. otherwise, i dunno if cashapp is self-custody...if it isn't, i recommend just getting something free like exodus. it has a mobile and desktop version and you can sync both.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
you shouldn't keep anything you aren't actively trading with or set aside on limit orders, on exchanges. if you have a decent amount, i recommend you get one of the ledger nanos or trezors. otherwise, i dunno if cashapp is self-custody...if it isn't, i recommend just getting something free like exodus. it has a mobile and desktop version and you can sync both.

Do you mean like a cold wallet or something? I don’t want my crypto on a platform anymore after seeing what happened to FTX. I know everybody’s like Coinbase and Binance are not going anywhere, but I’m not going to depend on that.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Keeping crypto in Paypal is probably safeish but the exchange rates will be crap

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Keeping crypto in Paypal is probably safeish but the exchange rates will be crap

yeah, that's what I'm looking for, some kind of safe place to put the money. I don't want to see "Binance goes under, another blow to crypto" headline

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Do you mean like a cold wallet or something? I don’t want my crypto on a platform anymore after seeing what happened to FTX. I know everybody’s like Coinbase and Binance are not going anywhere, but I’m not going to depend on that.
yep cold wallet. at the very least, look into exodus. if you only want a mobile wallet, trustwallet is another one people like. i, personally, use exodus for my non-cold wallet stuff.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
You don't need to put crypto anywhere. That's all part of the scam of exchanges. You are giving them a free loan on your crypto, and they are giving you nothing in return.

I put everything in cold storage, but I also think these are mostly a novelty. It's not actually on there, it's just storing your information.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
“"I wasn't spending any of my time or effort trying to manage risk on FTX," Bankman-Fried said in the Stephanopolous interview. "I don't know what to say. Like, what happened happened, and if I had been spending an hour a day thinking about risk management on FTX, I don't think that would've happened."”

Hahaha! And this was supposedly the most trusted douche in all of cryptocurrency?

I’m tired of banks. Where can I go to turn all my actual money into bullshit that vanishes faster than cash can even burn?

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
“"I wasn't spending any of my time or effort trying to manage risk on FTX," Bankman-Fried said in the Stephanopolous interview. "I don't know what to say. Like, what happened happened, and if I had been spending an hour a day thinking about risk management on FTX, I don't think that would've happened."”

Hahaha! And this was supposedly the most trusted douche in all of cryptocurrency?

I’m tired of banks. Where can I go to turn all my actual money into bullshit that vanishes faster than cash can even burn?

Yeah but with retail banks, the central banks will bail them out of they really fuck up 9 times out of 10. With crypto, you have no state sanctioned safety net.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
SBF, the classical narcissist who thinks he can BS his way out of jail.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
You don't need to put crypto anywhere. That's all part of the scam of exchanges. You are giving them a free loan on your crypto, and they are giving you nothing in return.

I put everything in cold storage, but I also think these are mostly a novelty. It's not actually on there, it's just storing your information.
well a bit more than just storing of your information. yes, obviously coins are "stored" on-chain. hardware cold wallets specifically sign transactions without letting the private key leave the device.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Cutting ties, Oh boy this can’t be good …Mazars Group suspends all work with crypto clients including Binance, Crypto.com, citing concerns over public perception of proof of reserves
PUBLISHED FRI, DEC 16 20228:11 AM ESTUPDATED 57 MIN AGO
KEY POINTS
  • Accounting firm Mazars Group has suspended all work with its crypto clients, according to its former client and the world’s largest crypto exchange, Binance.
  • The decision to cut ties with Binance, KuCoin and Crypto.com comes just after the global accounting firm released “proof of reserve” reports for several digital asset exchanges.
  • A spokesperson from Binance, the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange, told CNBC in a statement that, “Mazars has indicated that they will temporarily pause their work with all of their crypto clients globally, which include Crypto.com, KuCoin, and Binance.”

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member

"Sounds too good to be false..." I guess I've never heard that before but I think that may actually the way some people's minds work.

"We need investors for a machine that is %20 more efficient than the last one."

"Sorry, not interested."

"OK...ummm...we need investors for a new machine that is %100 efficient, cures cancer, runs forever and only costs $0.99"

"I'm in!"

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
it's bouncing back

I transferred my alt coins when shit crashed and put it all back into BTC and ETH. Looking better these days.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
It's on the mend, but I don't think we will reach the heights of the summer of 2020. I sold all my BTC back then and bought Neo Geo games. Wonder which is the better investment

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Question for the crypto bros... Someone contacted an artist friend of mine about buying his work as NFTs. Looks like he'd need to attach a crypto wallet to a marketplace receive payment. Sounds sketchy to me but I am clueless. Figured someone here might know about this stuff.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Yeah, I did some more research into it. Almost certainly a scam. I learned how to set up a crypto wallet though so it wasn't a total waste of time. Probably far too late to actually have a chance at making any money but there you go.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
It's on the mend, but I don't think we will reach the heights of the summer of 2020. I sold all my BTC back then and bought Neo Geo games. Wonder which is the better investment

Neo Geo for sure in the short term.

Long-term I think BTC will bounce back.

It's not going anywhere and it's new "low" is higher than the previous low in 2017.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Question for the crypto bros... Someone contacted an artist friend of mine about buying his work as NFTs. Looks like he'd need to attach a crypto wallet to a marketplace receive payment. Sounds sketchy to me but I am clueless. Figured someone here might know about this stuff.
depends on the specifics but sounds fine. your friend would have to mint the pieces of art as an NFT. those NFT(s) would be put into their wallet address appropriate for the blockchain they minted on. then they connect their wallet to a known exchange and list the NFT(s) for sale. without using a marketplace app, someone would have to bit the bullet and send first and hope the other honors the deal.

just make sure the app is a known app. if they are offering a link to a marketplace, it's a scam. also, your friend should use a burner wallet for this whole transaction (only have what he needs to sell on the burner) and only transfer back and forth between the burner and actual.

Reactions: wyo