Post Your Recent Purchases!

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'm sorry but anyone who sinks as much as a dime into either Strictly Limited or Limited Run instantly revokes any and all rights to complain about lead times. The same goes for anyone who is still waiting for their homebrew crap they squandered their money on at NGDEV back in 1985, and still have no update (PRO TIP - CHECK YOUR TELEX).

I will say that Limited Run have good customer service, but outside of that they're a complete joke shop.

I'm still very fond of phyiscal media but I won't spend any money with either SL or LR after my prior experience. I don't care what they get the rights to.

That's funny that Castleevania Requiem still isn't released... I almost (almost) reneged on my principle for that... but glad I didn't. Picked it up at the weekend off of the PS store for £3. Completed it last night. Job's a good 'un.
I like physical media as much as the next guy, but I won't pay to wait months for a disc that should have remained digital-only to begin with.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I don't get the physical releases shit at all. Do people honestly think that a game could still be playable in 20yrs or there won't be an update in that time. DRM doesn't just apply to digital, there's a chance your disc might not even work or there's no hardware to play it on. I don't get why people have to own the physical copy of everything before they can even enjoy a game.

I mean good luck in the future when everything is digital. They're just games, who gives a fuck if you can't play them in five years, I'm sure other great games will come out.

Noo I simply must be able to play my physical copy of streets of rage 4 I paid $75 for!

Pathetic

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I haven't owned an optical disc of any kind in about five years - lasers, drives, changing discs, storage - why bother

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I don't get the physical releases shit at all. Do people honestly think that a game could still be playable in 20yrs or there won't be an update in that time. DRM doesn't just apply to digital, there's a chance your disc might not even work or there's no hardware to play it on. I don't get why people have to own the physical copy of everything before they can even enjoy a game.

I mean good luck in the future when everything is digital. They're just games, who gives a fuck if you can't play them in five years, I'm sure other great games will come out.

Noo I simply must be able to play my physical copy of streets of rage 4 I paid $75 for!

Pathetic
You're not wrong. There's nothing practical about this. It's all wrapped up in people's nostalgia and habits.

I still buy the new major releases for PS and Xbox on discs, but if the next generation of consoles goes to digital-only I'll immediately switch over without complaint.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I went digital this time round because I barely play anything apart from a few killer releases like RE or Kojima, naughty dog stuff, so it's rare I buy anything anyway, always sales on too

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Link to both the Dpad joycon and vert adapter please?

Joycons:

pintendo flip:

ManiG

n00b
Yeah so after lurking this site for a little while, a couple of decades later I finally went for it.

it’s got the RGB bypass and I picked up a Retrotink 5x as well. Can’t wait to try it out on my OLED back in NYC with scanlines and HDR enabled.

now I just need some games … prices have been a bummer and all the flash carts are gone. ordered the garbage 161 cart from China for the time being.

Attachments

• C181C319-FC8E-44D0-86E3-2CFE33D9FA04.jpeg
    C181C319-FC8E-44D0-86E3-2CFE33D9FA04.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Are those restorations? I ask because they look to be in very pristine condition.
BB

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Are those restorations? I ask because they look to be in very pristine condition.
BB
Yeah, i restored them. They took a few hits from the moving company when i moved recently but still look good. The street fighter i did a few years ago. I originally made it a champion edition but i love the turbo version. The turtles cab i just finished a couple of weeks ago. I got it for my Father’s Day gift. This is what it looked like. This pic doesnt even show how bad the bottom was from water damage. Also, that is not my place in the pics, but it is where it came from🤣. EFA5916F-1FD4-458E-824E-EF877EEED24E.jpeg

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Wow.great job! I'vedumped a few cabs off the back of a truck back in the day that looked better.
BB
Yeah, i restored them. They took a few hits from the moving company when i moved recently but still look good. The street fighter i did a few years ago. I originally made it a champion edition but i love the turbo version. The turtles cab i just finished a couple of weeks ago. I got it for my Father’s Day gift. This is what it looked like. This pic doesnt even show how bad the bottom was from water damage. Also, that is not my place in the pics, but it is where it came from🤣. View attachment 62528

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member

Pathetic
Often physical is much cheaper. These indie titles go down fast on amazon. But yes there is no reason to still buy PS4 discs.
I still do it though.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Yeah, i restored them. They took a few hits from the moving company when i moved recently but still look good. The street fighter i did a few years ago. I originally made it a champion edition but i love the turbo version. The turtles cab i just finished a couple of weeks ago. I got it for my Father’s Day gift. This is what it looked like. This pic doesnt even show how bad the bottom was from water damage. Also, that is not my place in the pics, but it is where it came from🤣. View attachment 62528
Holy cow man that is horrible

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Often physical is much cheaper.
This.

I buy a lot of my games used. The digital versions are slow to or in some cases never come down in price. I also rarely buy anything on release so by the time I get around to something like RE8 or GOW it's like $10-20 used while it's till $40-60 on PSN. I have no problem with digital it just has to be really cheap.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
This.

I buy a lot of my games used. The digital versions are slow to or in some cases never come down in price. I also rarely buy anything on release so by the time I get around to something like RE8 or GOW it's like $10-20 used while it's till $40-60 on PSN. I have no problem with digital it just has to be really cheap.
Yep.
The Halo Master Chief collection is still $30 digital.
I got a mint physical copy for $5 at the flea market.
$60 for DRAGON BALL FighterZ digital.
$10 physical at lamestop or $5 at the flea market.
Around $5 digital I can live with, you get over that amount I want something in my hands to show for it.