MVS - AES conversions

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Controversial question I know, but is there anyone around who still does this kind of work... preferrably in North America, with a decent reputation?

I'm looking to convert my Shocktroopers MVS cart. I had one back in the day (conversion), and would like another. I have the parts, just need someone with the skills to do a nice clean job.

BTW, I haven't gutted any kits or full homecarts for those of you precious about that kind of thing.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I will admit I've made AES conversions before, they're not difficult to make, but I recognize the problematic nature of them, so I prefer to not do commissions for other people. Myself nowadays, I only touch AES carts that have already been violated, like with EPROMs. I know a friend in the USA who can assemble them too.

But that's only the soldering, for the artset I recommend just buy from NeoOldStore.

You don't even need an original snaplock case anymore, just get a newly made clone.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I will admit I've made AES conversions before, they're not difficult to make, but I recognize the problematic nature of them, so I prefer to not do commissions for other people. Myself nowadays, I only touch AES carts that have already been violated, like with EPROMs. I know a friend in the USA who can assemble them too.

But that's only the soldering, for the artset I recommend just buy from NeoOldStore.

You don't even need an original snaplock case anymore, just get a newly made clone.
Way ahead of you on that one - already purchased the snap-lock, insert, sticker and manual... lol

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Way ahead of you on that one - already purchased the snap-lock, insert, sticker and manual... lol
Neo old-store? They're still doing it?
How quick was the turnaround?
BB

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Neo old-store? They're still doing it?
How quick was the turnaround?
BB

A week. I ordered what I've mentioned above and a few additional replacement cases (mix of soft case and snap-lock). Placed the order last weekend and it arrived at my parents today.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
A week. I ordered what I've mentioned above and a few additional replacement cases (mix of soft case and snap-lock). Placed the order last weekend and it arrived at my parents today.
Wow. Okay.That's cool.
Thank you for the info.
BB

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Wow. Okay.That's cool.
Thank you for the info.
BB
No problem at all.

Shipping was to the UK btw in this instance, so may have taken a little longer to reach a NA address? They certainly dispatched really quick.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
No problem at all.

Shipping was to the UK btw in this instance, so may have taken a little longer to reach a NA address? They certainly dispatched really quick.
Yeah,I've dealt with them over the years but lost touch.I know the proprietor is different now and have dealt with him.
I may be hitting him up in the future.I had a local guy but he went mia for too long to trust dealing with him again.Shame too because he did good work(stickers I made).
Oh well...
BB

Last edited:

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I probably know the answer to this already (no risk of burning an AES with chinesium boards) but why not just buy a boot from M's favorite website? No cart sacrifice this way.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I probably know the answer to this already (no risk of burning an AES with chinesium boards) but why not just buy a boot from M's favorite website? No cart sacrifice this way.
It's a fair question in this day and age... I'm not interested in supporting out and out piracy I guess, plus I'm definitely not down with giving cash to Chinese knock-off shit.

Cart saccing doesn't necessarily mean losing a game if the AES chips are repurposed to the mvs boards... and the AES cart I'm using is loose, so the og manual and insert are already gone into the ether.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Can anyone confirm that KoF '99 uses the right PROG and CHA boards needed for a Prehistoric Isle 2 conversion, please? :unsure:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Can anyone confirm that KoF '99 uses the right PROG and CHA boards needed for a Prehistoric Isle 2 conversion, please? :unsure:
That would be KOF99 for the CHA but you need a samsho3,a ff3 or a kof95 Jpn for the PRG
BB

Last edited:

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
lol... gonna shred me some inserts NGF style.