China is trippin’…

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The video of it being shot down is disappointingly anticlimactic. Looks like they just popped the balloon.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
man, china is terrible with balloons. they should hire a loss prevention officer or something. maybe this is a new psyops thing, the "chinese balloon torture".

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Can’t the US just be really petty and send some balloons back to China? Maybe accidentally attach copies of Winnie The Pooh blood and honey to it or something.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
b4a45a4a-fd67-47e2-9edf-19162d7ca8a6_text.gif

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I love when we pretend that anything could just enter U.S. airspace undetected, this hasn't been possible since Reagan era. If it's in our airspace, we know it's there. Period.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Which is why I don’t understand the news media saying three balloons entered our airspace during the Trump administration but somehow we didn’t know until now?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Which is why I don’t understand the news media saying three balloons entered our airspace during the Trump administration but somehow we didn’t know until now?
The media uncritically repeats what they are told.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Maybe those three stayed at a higher altitude, &/or weren’t as big that they were spotted by civilians on the ground.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I love when we pretend that anything could just enter U.S. airspace undetected, this hasn't been possible since Reagan era. If it's in our airspace, we know it's there. Period.
Maybe those three stayed at a higher altitude, &/or weren’t as big that they were spotted by civilians on the ground.

nothing in our airspace is undetected. When you see media talking about nuke scares and what-not, hilarious. Again, since the 80's NOTHING enters our airspace unless we allow it, regardless of altitude or size.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
So where's the evidence it was a "spy balloon"? On to the next story for gullible retards I guess.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Where’s the evidence it’s a research balloon?

All we know is It’s a violation of our airspace by a foreign military power.

A power that is actively engaged in ethnic cleansing of Muslims minorities and the suppression of democratic ideals in territory they claimed would maintain their autonomy.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member

This is a head scratcher.

Did trump suppress the media?

Why is it a big deal in the media now, but not back then?

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
I tend to think the Chinese are smart enough to not allow us access to something (spy tech or similar). As Pixel said, anything intentionally in our airspace is detected / known and we will access it if concerned. While not very sexy, it is more likely weather or research related than spy or military.

On a personal reading the Sunday paper level, it bothers me that Uighers are more likely than not having their cultural and religious identities erased, but i'm not out protesting about it, nor am I prepared to send my sons off to war about it. In particular because the people in those areas are not prepared / willing to put their lives on the line for it (on a mass scale). Nor do the elected Moslem governments of Turkey or Pakistan seem to care, in additional to the dictatorships/monarchal dictatorships in Moslem countries (Saudi, Sudan, Egypt, Jordan, etc). They all tell us nothing to see here. Not saying there isn't something to see, but the Arab street tends to make noise when they are bothered, and for whatever reason they don't seem to be on this. Take that for what it is...

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Apparently the "cube inside a sphere" UFOs have turned out to be Chinese signal jammers. They recovered one in Guam.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
This is a head scratcher.

Did trump suppress the media?

Why is it a big deal in the media now, but not back then?

tl;dr-

The last few balloon overpasses were not news worthy, because they didn’t stick around for a week or hover over missle silo fields.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Not sure if reading too much WAPO or...

At any rate, Moslem is preferred spelling by most in the Arab world as well as Arabic-speaking American Moslems.

Only in the last 30~ years has the Americanized spelling with the u become common (here).

https://amsdearborn.org/

Well today l learned. I thought Moslem was an antiquated spelling.