Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
well don’t look at me I listen to run the jewels and metallica

🇺🇸 :buttrock:

Reactions: wyo

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Where’s the evidence it’s a research balloon?

All we know is It’s a violation of our airspace by a foreign military power.

A power that is actively engaged in ethnic cleansing of Muslims minorities and the suppression of democratic ideals in territory they claimed would maintain their autonomy.
Lol, that's like the police demanding evidence you weren't committing a crime.

As usual, you are uncritically accepting and repeating anti-China propaganda spoonfed to you by the media.

Personally, I am not a fan of China, which is why I do not live in China. I do not care about the internal problems of China. I care about the fact that every time I go to the store, the prices have gone up. I care about my kids having a good future. Stuff like that.

You are acting like a hysterical woman over a balloon and democracy in other countries when we have serious problems of our own to deal with.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Lol, that's like the police demanding evidence you weren't committing a crime.

It’s on China to prove the balloon isn’t hostile.

When someone breaks in to your home you’d be wise to shoot first and ask questions later.

As usual, you are uncritically accepting and repeating anti-China propaganda spoonfed to you by the media.

And what propaganda was that in this case? That a foreign power violated our air space with a device whose purpose was unclear? That’s fact. The reality is we don’t know what the payload on the balloon was doing.

Personally, I am not a fan of China, which is why I do not live in China. I do not care about the internal problems of China. I care about the fact that every time I go to the store, the prices have gone up. I care about my kids having a good future. Stuff like that.

Personally, even though I live in the freest country on Earth, I do care that a billion+ human beings are subjects of a tyrannical, nightmare state.

You are acting like a hysterical woman over a balloon and democracy in other countries when we have serious problems of our own to deal with.

The historical cure for hysteria was to bring a woman to orgasm. Is this your way of asking me if you can Jack me off?

I’m not worried about the balloon. I am curious to see what the military finds if they recover the payload. Maybe it’s just a weather balloon. But I doubt it.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Technically 90k feet is not US air space. Much like a satellite, that altitude is not subject to any treaty so there was no violation.

Maybe you should try visiting other countries before declaring America the freedom capital of the world. Alternatively, find me one index that ranks America number one in freedom.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Technically 90k feet is not US air space. Much like a satellite, that altitude is not subject to any treaty so there was no violation.

Maybe you should try visiting other countries before declaring America the freedom capital of the world. Alternatively, find me one index that ranks America number one in freedom.
Since duf might not get a chance to travel soon, why don't you list for him some countries that are as ethnically and culturally diverse as the United States with greater freedom. I'm sure we'd all be fascinated to read it.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
A'ight, I'll come clean: That balloon was really on its' way to deliver a fuck ton of CHEGOs to my house. Uncle Ali figured that if Amazon can use drones to deliver shite, he can use balloons. It's just a big misunderstanding. All those beautiful plastic bricks blown to (smaller) bits... 😭😭😭

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
A'ight, I'll come clean: That balloon was really on its' way to deliver a fuck ton of CHEGOs to my house. Uncle Ali figured that if Amazon can use drones to deliver shite, he can use balloons. It's just a big misunderstanding. All those beautiful plastic bricks blown to (smaller) bits... 😭😭😭
SHUT THE FUCK UP

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Not sure if reading too much WAPO or...

At any rate, Moslem is preferred spelling by most in the Arab world as well as Arabic-speaking American Moslems.

Only in the last 30~ years has the Americanized spelling with the u become common (here).

https://amsdearborn.org/
This is what I always heard, it's a Judaism website though. I'm too lazy to find another source.

A Muslim in Arabic means “one who gives himself to God,” and is by definition, someone who adheres to Islam. By contrast, a Moslem in Arabic means “one who is evil and unjust” when the word is pronounced, as it is in English, Mozlem with a z.”

For a couple of them it's a better description.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
I've seen that from a few virtue signaling celebs in their infinite wokeness. Somewhat recently JK Rowling acting incensed about it, most likely trying to curry favor due to her attempted cancellation over transgender comments.

I'm long-time friendly with a decent number of Syrian / Jordanian folks who I work alongside and they aren't insulted by either spelling, but more than once have joked about wealthy (non-Islamic) americans trying to make a soapbox topic about it. Across the board they use moslem when spelling it out.

Interestingly, it seems to have changed in American textbooks to the u spelling around the early 90's.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

The balloon was at approximately 60,000’ above American air space.

Do you know who else was at approx 60-70K feet when they were shot down?

Gary Powers.

No one disputes the legitimacy of the Soviets shooting down his U2 spy plane when it flew over the Soviet Union. Not even the Americans. The only thing we regretted is that we got caught: so we built a plane that could go higher and faster so it wouldn’t get shot down. That plane was so good even the X-Men use it.

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
find me one index that ranks America number one in freedom.
Tbf if I pointed out that Russia always ranks appallingly in such indexes you would immediately jump down my throat and call me a western propaganda swallowing retard

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
That's to be expected since they are typically compiled by Western liberals. The point is the US is nowhere near the top of such lists, which is what the claim was. The US certainly jails more people per capita than Russia or China so in that respect we are literally less free than some "authoritarian regimes".

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
That's to be expected since they are typically compiled by Western liberals. The point is the US is nowhere near the top of such lists, which is what the claim was. The US certainly jails more people per capita than Russia or China so in that respect we are literally less free than some "authoritarian regimes".
Yes, and my point is it's silly for you to use as an example something that you also dismiss out of hand.

I'd add that the idea that lagduf should 'go and see' some other countries is also a daft proposition, as you routinely present as fact endless opinions about Russia and Ukraine, where I highly doubt you have visited, whilst also telling lonesage he doesn't know what he's talking about regarding China, where he lives.

So I'll ask you this, what freedoms are you aware of in another country, not available to you in America, that you have found out about only because you have visited that country?

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
ODGEAZf.jpeg

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Yup, the original newsstand version ended in 2018, but, was then rebooted again later that year. It's mostly curated reprints/specials now, kind of like Archie. A customer brought a MAD special to checkout a few weeks back, which surprised me, as I didn't even know our store stocked any until then!

On the other hand, as far as I know, Cracked is only an online humor site now.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Yes, and my point is it's silly for you to use as an example something that you also dismiss out of hand.

I'd add that the idea that lagduf should 'go and see' some other countries is also a daft proposition, as you routinely present as fact endless opinions about Russia and Ukraine, where I highly doubt you have visited, whilst also telling lonesage he doesn't know what he's talking about regarding China, where he lives.

So I'll ask you this, what freedoms are you aware of in another country, not available to you in America, that you have found out about only because you have visited that country?

god damn, bro.

stop-already-dead.gif

p.s.: i visited china, it sucks.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Yup, the original newsstand version ended in 2018, but, was then rebooted again later that year. It's mostly curated reprints/specials now, kind of like Archie. A customer brought a MAD special to checkout a few weeks back, which surprised me, as I didn't even know our store stocked any until then!

On the other hand, as far as I know, Cracked is only an online humor site now.

Yeah, I saw a MAD special at the store a couple weeks ago and was going to buy it until I saw it was $14.99 - no thanks.

About a decade ago Cracked's online was pretty good. Or maybe it was 15 years ago? I dunno.

I used to have some standalone Spy vs Spy paperbacks when I was a good. Good times.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member

He won't be able to answer the question because he's on an unfinished journey around the world for the truth. Hopefully upon realising that America isn't this free and just utopia (which he had to move there to figure out, real smarty pants this lad) he will uproot himself and live in China or Russia or some other shit hole like Iran.

Only then will he know, in a labor camp, how good he had it right back at the start. What a complete fool.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
You’re certainly free from the tyranny of free speech in China and Russia. If that’s what you want, definitely a wise move to relocate there.