Gameboy or GBC "hidden gems"?

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
So, first off...please report back about Wing Warriors, I have hovered over the buy now button on that one for awhile.

Second, the first Motocross Maniacs is GREAT. I do think the GBC sequel is even better, but for the GB, it's stellar.
Im really glad to hear the first title is awesome as well. Resisting the urge right now to try it on Mister since ive got a zillion other games to try out anyways on my GB cores.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Forgot I drunk bid on this lol - all in was like 6 bucks

I dig the presentation in this game. Konami sports games fascinated me back when they came out. I wasn't into sports much, but they just looked so cool, I found myself having a a few.

1675615211053.png

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Wing Warriors finally arrived, so here is my rundown.
Game is awesome. Its like an Eighting shmup on gameboy.
Now on to the serious issue I encountered:
My super weeaboo DMG gb that i built like a month ago uses the dmg ips v5 lcd by hispeedido.
This is the only title i have encountered that has any issues.
The game works great in my modded GBC, no problems, but when using the DMG, pressing down = start, right = fire sometimes, left= bomb sometimes. Its basically unplayable.

I have emailed incube8 to ask them if they are aware of this issue. All legit titles, everdrive, and the repro of avenging spirit work great, but this game HATES the replacement button mother board that you use with these awesome new screen mods it seems. Hella weird and disappointing.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Wing Warriors finally arrived, so here is my rundown.
Game is awesome. Its like an Eighting shmup on gameboy.
Now on to the serious issue I encountered:
My super weeaboo DMG gb that i built like a month ago uses the dmg ips v5 lcd by hispeedido.
This is the only title i have encountered that has any issues.
The game works great in my modded GBC, no problems, but when using the DMG, pressing down = start, right = fire sometimes, left= bomb sometimes. Its basically unplayable.

I have emailed incube8 to ask them if they are aware of this issue. All legit titles, everdrive, and the repro of avenging spirit work great, but this game HATES the replacement button mother board that you use with these awesome new screen mods it seems. Hella weird and disappointing.

Oh man, that's a bummer. Seems like a game suited for GBC, so at least there is that. Thanks for the update. I might buy the digital version.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Oh man, that's a bummer. Seems like a game suited for GBC, so at least there is that. Thanks for the update. I might buy the digital version.
Im fucking torn dude. Maybe its just the kit i used in my DMG?
Im not a noob to modding. When this game was going wild i went and loaded every weird game i could think of, and no issues. This is strange.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Also, im trying really hard not to fall down a pit i am circling right now where this particular DMG screen is so easy on the eyes i want to play everything on it. Already opting to play pokemon TCG on the dmg instead of the sealed 2.5 D gbc just because its an option. I like this dmg screen a lot , im also partial color blind, i think something about that is making me love this (or booze?)

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Also, im trying really hard not to fall down a pit i am circling right now where this particular DMG screen is so easy on the eyes i want to play everything on it. Already opting to play pokemon TCG on the dmg instead of the sealed 2.5 D gbc just because its an option. I like this dmg screen a lot , im also partial color blind, i think something about that is making me love this (or booze?)

Oh man, totally feel you. I have games that are in color that I choose to play the monochrome version for that same reason. It's like E-ink or something, it's just really really nice.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
This weekend i have been playing pokemon tcg and this is my first time playing through this game. Does anyone else feel like the coin flip RNG in this game ruins what otherwise would be a really fun game??? I swear it is like 80% in favor of the cpu. Ive even googled around looking if i am doing something wrong and should be influencing the coin flips in some way and cant find shit. Nothing more annoying than having an 80 hp monster go against an oddish and have to watch 8 turns in a row as the oddish does 10 dmg each turn and every time wins the coinflip to disable your monster. Ugh!

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
This weekend i have been playing pokemon tcg and this is my first time playing through this game. Does anyone else feel like the coin flip RNG in this game ruins what otherwise would be a really fun game??? I swear it is like 80% in favor of the cpu. Ive even googled around looking if i am doing something wrong and should be influencing the coin flips in some way and cant find shit. Nothing more annoying than having an 80 hp monster go against an oddish and have to watch 8 turns in a row as the oddish does 10 dmg each turn and every time wins the coinflip to disable your monster. Ugh!
Pokemon is a terrible franchise. I collect Gameboy and have zero of the releases, on any system. If you're interested in the same thing, but much better, consider playing Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne on PS2.

Jon

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I was waaay too old to ever get sucked in by any Pokemon stuff. I enjoyed card fighters clash on ngpc though. I wanna say there is a Yu-Gi-Oh game on GB and def a couple on GBC might be a better alt. Cuz yeah, that sounds frustrating.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
There is a similar game for Gameboy where the computer "pretends" not to know what it's doing for a couple rounds before destroying you. (Very quickly, I might add.)

Try playing Battleship. Set up your ships and watch as the computer (miraculously) finds every single one, in order, beating you every time. It is hilarious to watch.

Jon

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
did we ever settle the battle on which is the best way to play GB/C games... Super Gameboy 2 or the GC Gameboy Playa?

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
did we ever settle the battle on which is the best way to play GB/C games... Super Gameboy 2 or the GC Gameboy Playa?

I prefer the SGB borders and sounds/music that come with.

Edit: see Animaniacs

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Started the demo for Repugnant Bounty tonight. Will probably buy the full digital version. Play it on GBC.

It's damn good so far. Insanely polished. I wish it had a map, but. I get why it doesn't, since Metroid 2 on GB didn't either. Highly recommend.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
Thanks for bumping this thread. I've got a vacation coming up, and just did a backlit screen replacement on a GBC in preparation. I like having something small to fit in my pocket for the flight and such instead of hauling out my switch. I mostly just play Operation C anyway. Ha. But I just bought an everdrive and have loaded it up with some games I remembered and some that looked interesting in YT videos. But looking through this thread has been helpful, so I'm going to put a few more on there before I leave.

I downloaded the GB/GBC libraries, but I dont want all that chud to sift through on the everdrive cart. I like going through and coming up with a few dozen games to put on there that interest me, and I'll actually play.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I just started playing Alone In The Dark for GBC. Seems good on the surface but I'm not sure about this one yet.

It sure looks pretty though. I keep meaning to give it a go as well beyond a 10 minute preview.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Man, stage 2-3 is a lot like the 4th or 5th stage in the arcade game where i get absolutely crushed due to the non-connecting areas of the playfield. This shit is awesome though, maybe i gotta watch a playthrough to see what im not doing right on some of these stages.
The gameover music in this game is quite a good ditty! 🤣

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Whats the edge protector thingie on that awesome white GB?
just nabbed a complete copy of ms. Pacman for cheap, guess i better keep an eye out for burgertime as well (now time to go try it out on the ED!)
Screenshot_2023-02-15-20-12-29-554.jpg

You can get them for like $6 on Ali though. I have a few of them. I like them, but the clear ones yellow pretty fast. But they do keep the back from getting scratched up. 🤘

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Man, stage 2-3 is a lot like the 4th or 5th stage in the arcade game where i get absolutely crushed due to the non-connecting areas of the playfield. This shit is awesome though, maybe i gotta watch a playthrough to see what im not doing right on some of these stages.
The gameover music in this game is quite a good ditty! 🤣
I like it better than the OG arcade game honestly.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
I like it better than the OG arcade game honestly.
Its got power ups and shit and thats why i want to progress further in it to see what other additions they made to the original formula. Its really good no doubt. I gotta get better (or look up infinite lives cheat codes!)