Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Anyone seen the target exclusive TMNT/Stranger Things combos? Ive only ever seen Raph/Hopper and Leo/11 in store, but evidently the Mikey/Dustin and Donnie/(forgot) are online.

Ive currently got Leo and Raph. I'll eventually open them and probably toss the Stranger Things figs. No idea why this combo exists, but I like that the turtles are modeled after their original comic appearances and all have red bandanas instead of colored ones.

1676571446364.png

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Why is turtles and stranger things a thing?

I have no idea. Maybe the whole 80s nostalgia thing and they thought it went hand in hand, or something. Makes no sense. But the Turtles figs are pretty rad. They aren't Neca level or anything, but they are better than the OG ones.

edit: They even have some other ones where they are paired with Street Fighter characters. Ive only ever seen one with Chun Li and Mikey, but its not the same fig as this one. Its a weird almost cel shaded version that looks really ugly.

There are even some with Cobra Kai vs TMNT with like Raph and Johnny or some shit. Its ridic.

edit 2:

1676591228097.png

1676591258750.png

Last edited:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I saw those TMNT x SF and ST ones in store the other day and noticed the OG comic art then saw it was a crossover. Really bizarre.

Last edited:

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
No that's a different set of figs. More akin to the og toys.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Just ordered this from Japan.
170951833.jpg

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Got another Replicade from New Wave Toys.

I know nothing about this game, I just like the classic Atari artwork and cabinet designs.

Spoiler:

2309893A-4204-4534-B89D-B33DA49C7050.jpeg

81526FB9-0886-4186-BBC6-5CB238EE2D05.jpeg

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Got another Replicade from New Wave Toys.

I know nothing about this game, I just like the classic Atari artwork and cabinet designs.

Wasn't one of Atari's great games from 1983. As Charley Chuck, the idea is to get to the ice cream cone and eat it before it melts away. 4 different chefs pop out of holes and try and attack you. There's various foods lying around that you and the chefs can attack each other with. Avoid chefs, thrown food and open holes. A rather bleh game however a vintage Atari cabinet that they were famous for the time period.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Wasn't one of Atari's great games from 1983. As Charley Chuck, the idea is to get to the ice cream cone and eat it before it melts away. 4 different chefs pop out of holes and try and attack you. There's various foods lying around that you and the chefs can attack each other with. Avoid chefs, thrown food and open holes. A rather bleh game however a vintage Atari cabinet that they were famous for the time period.

it's just to hard to aim w/ a single joystick. If it was a twin stick maybe it would have had more merit, but even then not as interestng as some of Atari's other classics or something like Robotron. But i do love the old Atari designs and artwork.

I'd say of the ones I own so far my favorite is either Tempest of Centipede.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
it's just to hard to aim w/ a single joystick. If it was a twin stick maybe it would have had more merit, but even then not as interestng as some of Atari's other classics or something like Robotron. But i do love the old Atari designs and artwork.

I'd say of the ones I own so far my favorite is either Tempest of Centipede.
The original arcade joystick was an analog style comprised of a centering-bellows and two potentiometers which made it worse than the similar Berzerk and Frenzy, which had 9 way optical sticks until they were eventually replaced with 8 way sticks. Bubbles, a similar game minus firing used a 49 way stick :loco:

Another kick-ass Atari cabinet from their glory days was Crystal Castles :buttrock:

neo_mao

15 Year Member
The original arcade joystick was an analog style comprised of a centering-bellows and two potentiometers which made it worse than the similar Berzerk and Frenzy, which had 9 way optical sticks until they were eventually replaced with 8 way sticks. Bubbles, a similar game minus firing used a 49 way stick :loco:

Another kick-ass Atari cabinet from their glory days was Crystal Castles :buttrock:

Yeah Crystal Castles is great. I also hope they do Black Widow.

They do non-Atari games like Dragons Lair and Space Ace, but I can’t stand QTE stuff so I passed on those. Also did SF2 and 1942/1943 but I passed on them as well.

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy
91EE8B55-8924-4CBA-99AF-FA7C25B49A99.jpeg3D3C519D-DED6-405B-9E33-B63057C3D878.jpeg
Evil will always triumph because good is dumb. I don’t collect comics but i saw this limited cover with biggie smallz and had to grab it.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I seriously thought you were being sarchrasamatic, Kern. Not like "YOU DONT KNOW WHO DEADPOOL IS?!!?!" But did you not know who DP is?