Time to Spring Forward!

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Should just get rid of it . as stat show that car accident are up the day after . That 1 extra hour of sleep matters for some people .

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I hereby propose weeks comprised of six 28 hour days.

That'll really shake things up.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
This is the time when my car's clock auto-correct itself since I never changed it.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Get rid of it or keep it i'm just getting fucking sick and tired of having adjustment every time it starts and ends period.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Happy Spring Forward INSERT NAME HERE!

Hope you have a INSERT GREAT, FANTASTIC, ETC. HERE day :buttrock:

bday03_zpswqkkjwzo.png

xROTx

PS. Did I do it right?

Good one, thanks rot

Anyway, yes, please get rid of DST

So fucking annoying.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Good one, thanks rot

Anyway, yes, please get rid of DST

So fucking annoying.
That probably took Rot multiple hours to come up with and afterwards he was so proud of himself he went and bragged to his Jan about it.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I will never not get over his name being Rot. Growing up in 70s/80s England must not have been kind to him. Which in turn might have been why he was not kind. Mao bless

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
It's 2 AM. Do you know what time it really is?!! :tickled:

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Fuck this stupid archaic time change.

I heard they invented this crazy new amazing technology called fucking HEADLIGHTS so damn farmers can farm at night.

Stupid bullshit.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Fuck this stupid archaic time change.

I heard they invented this crazy new amazing technology called fucking HEADLIGHTS so damn farmers can farm at night.

Stupid bullshit.
U gay. I got paid 12 hours for 11 last night, sorry fat guy, go listen to 80s revival punk.

• keke
Reactions: wyo

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The idea that this came about because of farmers has been thoroughly debunked at this point, but I say we keep blaming farmers until something changes. The government listens to farmers, right?
images

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
It so much better in the Philly area getting dark out at 7:30. I’d rather deal with the sleep deprivation for a few days for the extra light at night. Wish we were ont daylight savings time here 365
It FALLS back to give us something to look forward to I guess.
I swear daylight till dusk energizes the soul and as long as it's not too windy,I love that brisk air too!
BB

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
All kinds of studies and news stories contradicting @BIG BEAR saying sunlight early in the morning is good for you came out last year when it looked like the Sunshine Protection Act would sail through both houses, and I'm convinced that's what killed its momentum.

The bill currently calls for year round daylight savings time, but those recent studies support going back to year round standard time.

This would be a reversal of the most recent legislation in 2005, when they voted to extend DST beginning in 2007.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
That's this Sunday, March 10th for the U.S.. And now for some more fun facts...

Daylight saving time in the United States is the practice of setting the clock forward by one hour during the warmer part of the year, so that evenings have more daylight and mornings have less. Most areas of the United States observe daylight saving time (DST), the exceptions being Arizona (except for the Navajo, who do observe daylight saving time on tribal lands), Hawaii, and the overseas territories of American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and the United States Virgin Islands. The Uniform Time Act of 1966 established the system of uniform Daylight Saving Time throughout the US.

In the U.S., daylight saving time starts on the second Sunday in March and ends on the first Sunday in November, with the time changes taking place at 2:00 a.m. local time. With a mnemonic word play referring to seasons, clocks "spring forward, fall back"—that is, in springtime the clocks are moved forward from 2:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m. and in fall they are moved back from 2:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. Daylight saving time lasts for a total of 34 weeks (238 days) every year, about 65% of the entire year.
Original post from 2019 and thanks to having two leap years, I can recycle it :tickled:

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Sprint it forward two hours and leave it. Who cares about early morning sunlight. I have to go to work in the morning, I don't have unlimited time to frolic around in the morning lounging in the sunlight.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
The government can pass all kinds of wasteful spending with borrowed money but apparently it's too much to ask to stop this clock moving bullshit twice a year.