*UPDATED* NeoGeo proto screenshots

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I think developer interviews are much more interesting than their final product. A ROM without context isn't all that interesting, especially when they have no distinct mechanics or technical features.

All of this just reminds me of the pickled eggs I have on my cupboard, yeah it's great these hard boiled quail eggs are finally preserved but they just stay inside the jar suspended in vinegar indefinitely. At some point I liked the idea of eating those eggs, but I don't ever seem to want to open the jar? Will I actually want to explore DA ROMZ to its fullest extent once it's out? I've only felt like doing that once (GBC Resident Evil release).

Reading/watching speculation on what's not available is much more fun anyway, alongside making fun of people that base their whole personality around owning refuse chute games other people have made (never gets old).
Having both is always ideal, but it's also like having an artist describe a painting they didn't finish, or finished and never sold, and never seeing it for yourself.

Some people will eat and enjoy those pickled eggs, even if you don't.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Schrödinger's eggs: If you never take them out of the jar, are they ever not delicious?

Give me those eggs!
4d190f1307b35e7155bb4b898e19d545.jpg

Last edited:

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Please explain to me how this is immoral?

If I were sitting on the cure for cancer - that would be immoral.
Um yeah, we can disagree about this, but obviously the seriousness of the moral issue doesn't rise to the level of life or death like that.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Um yeah, we can disagree about this, but obviously the seriousness of the moral issue doesn't rise to the level of life or death like that.
but, it is their property and they are free to do with it as they deem fit. why does that rise to the level of immorality in any context?

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
My own brother thinks exactly like @basic said. So yeah, I understand not everyone feels the same way about it as me.

But from a preservationist standpoint, I think it's immoral to keep something to yourself that's part of the history and wasn't meant just for you.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
years from now Billy will be on his way to his grave, his will will have detailed instructions on what to do with his possessions and his last words will be:

"please, burn this. No one deserves to play these."

and he'll die

and we'll die

and no one

not a single fucking person alive will give 2 shits about a Neo Geo Proto

Was it worth it, Billy?

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
My favorite part about proto talk is every single nobody coming out of the woodwork on their high horse harassing people to give them free romz. When is that ever a cool thing to do? Never.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
A lot of people who claim not to care about protos seem to care about someone hoarding protos :unsure:
i don't care about hoarding protos. i just wanna punch billy in the face and we've already established that this is not illegal in the justin roiland thread.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
We don't need ze romz to harass peeps here anyway. I still lolz when I think about the last proto lollercoaster here.