Do something about the awbacon spam

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
I've talked to awbacon in chat last night and he agreed to cut down on the updates of his thread, let's see where this takes us.

Wait....WTF? You mean to tell me that this wasn't in regards to multiple threads & actual spamming but update posts in one lone thread?

I will state upfront that I have not been around to gather the finer details. I was about to delve into it a bit & see if Tarma & Kern had some actual validity to their bitching. But now your telling me that this whole fucking manbabby brouhaha was nothing more than thinly vieled jelousy & misplaced rage about one members thread being active at the top of a freaking sub forum!?

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Wait....WTF? You mean to tell me that this wasn't in regards to multiple threads & actual spamming but update posts in one lone thread?

I will state upfrpont that I have not been around to gather the finer details. I was about to delve into it a bit & see if Tarma & Kern had some actual validity to their bitching. But now your telling me that this whole fucking manbabby brouhaha was nothing more than thinly vieked jelousy & misplaced rage about one mebre thread being active at the top of a freaking sub forum!?
Well, yeah.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Well, yeah.

Then fuck that bullshit.
Bacon shouldn't have to do much of anything.

On the one hand, yeah, I know: It's Neo Hyphen Geo Dot Com & "come for teh drams, stay for it" etc, but that starts looking a bit more sad when it's middle aged dudes sincerly doing it over trivial BS. I mean, it was one thing when we were in our 20's.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
He used to post a thread for every single video. I've combined them all at some point to keep it to one thread per section (arcade and console).

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Then fuck that bullshit.
Bacon shouldn't have to do much of anything.

On the one hand, yeah, I know: It's Neo Hyphen Geo Dot Com & "come for teh drams, stay for it" etc, but that starts looking a bit more sad when it's middle aged dudes sincerly doing it over trivial BS. I mean, it was one thing when we were in our 20's.
awbacon said that he intensified his posting in that thread just to razz kernow and others who don't like his vids, that takes the steam out of it, don't you think.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
He used to post a thread for every single video. I've combined them all at some point to keep it to one thread per section (arcade and console).

If he is posting s dedicated thread for each video (in the same furum(s) that sounds like it would be too much.

If he is making content for various platforms & has a main thread in applicable forums that are then updated & curated That is understandable.

If he has a video that is TRULY newsworthy (like that Hyper 64 Sam Sho Proto find) then that is deserving of it's own, lone thread & should have one.

Keep it lean, clear & concise.

awbacon said that he intensified his posting in that thread just to razz kernow and others who don't like his vids, that takes the steam out of it, don't you think.

If Bacon is ramping things up to feed into teh drama & instigate then he should tone it down, not take it personally & put that enrgy into uping the QUALITY of his content to make it the best it can be. Better for all perties involved.

I might have a bit of a proposal. Check your PM's Tak.

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member

I will state upfront that I have not been around to gather the finer details. I was about to delve into it a bit & see if Tarma & Kern had some actual validity to their bitching. But now your telling me that this whole fucking manbabby brouhaha was nothing more than thinly vieled jelousy & misplaced rage about one members thread being active at the top of a freaking sub forum!?
You're

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I didn't intensify...I just kept doing it because watching people have meltdowns and demand they get their way made me want to do it even more

I made it clear...I don't even get a tangible amount of views here. Its a rounding error (checks...it was .02% of my total views) at best

BUT...the fact that it was just "I am going to scream about it till you stop" meant I kept doing it because the logic of "I DONT LIKE IT. IT SHOULDNT EXIST" annoys me. If I don't like something I just move on with my day. But I mean fuck me....this forum keeps talking about needing new members / it's dying...and yet it hates absolutely everyone and everything.

Real talk I can't tell you how many damn people said during my Neo Geo episode shit they wanted to get into the games/console but they heard the community was shitty.

Like lets stop scaring people off! We are getting older sure but there is a new generation of people who want to enjoy this shit! I helped a college kid find and purchase a Buriki One late last year to play at local fight nights and they love it. That's what we SHOULD be doing.

But the threads were condensed down to "arcade shit" and "not arcade shit"

But it got boring. I was getting emails and comments on my channel / to my channels email about it. It jumped the shark from being dumb shit on this forum to dumb shit being emailed to me and left in comments (many of which were caught by the filter...as they were V interesting)

So I just moved on with the whole thing and stopped posting links. The threads can be deleted if someone wants to 86 them

Am I going anywhere though? Nope. I will be around :)

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Still mental posting on every forum when you make a video

And you can say what you want but you looove being renowned for being a shit game robin hood - you love the exposure

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
I
I didn't intensify...I just kept doing it because watching people have meltdowns and demand they get their way made me want to do it even more

I made it clear...I don't even get a tangible amount of views here. Its a rounding error (checks...it was .02% of my total views) at best

BUT...the fact that it was just "I am going to scream about it till you stop" meant I kept doing it because the logic of "I DONT LIKE IT. IT SHOULDNT EXIST" annoys me. If I don't like something I just move on with my day. But I mean fuck me....this forum keeps talking about needing new members / it's dying...and yet it hates absolutely everyone and everything.

Real talk I can't tell you how many damn people said during my Neo Geo episode shit they wanted to get into the games/console but they heard the community was shitty.

Like lets stop scaring people off! We are getting older sure but there is a new generation of people who want to enjoy this shit! I helped a college kid find and purchase a Buriki One late last year to play at local fight nights and they love it. That's what we SHOULD be doing.

But the threads were condensed down to "arcade shit" and "not arcade shit"

But it got boring. I was getting emails and comments on my channel / to my channels email about it. It jumped the shark from being dumb shit on this forum to dumb shit being emailed to me and left in comments (many of which were caught by the filter...as they were V interesting)

So I just moved on with the whole thing and stopped posting links. The threads can be deleted if someone wants to 86 them

Am I going anywhere though? Nope. I will be around :)
I am only here to scare people off. Don’t you dare take my sunshine away!

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Still mental posting on every forum when you make a video

And you can say what you want but you looove being renowned for being a shit game robin hood - you love the exposure
No shit. I shop the stories to gaming publications. I provide the details, the backstory, the quotes, the references...all of it. I package the story up in a neat little bow...and SOMETIMES it ends up getting picked up. Shit the prototype in the field story ended up on Apple News feeds under technology.

The 3DO M2 Demo Disc I made and released got the same. After that three more "games" found their way to me and I was able to acquire them and give them away. That exposure shook more stuff loose from the proverbial tree and into my lap which allowed me to share it with others.

So you are damn right I want the exposure. THATS THE POINT OF THIS. The idea I should be apologizing for wanting the content to be viewed makes zero sense.

I like playing video games. I like collecting them. I like finding and dumping prototypes. I like getting people excited about the things I enjoy. I like introducing people to NEW things they may end up loving. I like making videos. I want them to be watched as much as possible. That's the point.

Maybe if people treated new members with a "oh man you like this too? Or you want to get into it? Here lets show you around...we got a lot of fun to offer" then things would grow around here. Nobody needs to have been alive during the 90s when we were throwing quarters into Neo Geo cabinets to be allowed in on the fun. Unless we just want this to all die when we get old and stop caring.

So if you thinking saying "he likes the exposure" is some kind of insult...it's not. I've been a working artist for two decades as of this year. I don't make pieces to put them in a drawer and say "I did that..." and then walk away. That's basically the entire concept behind the practice of working as a filmmaker. We want eyeballs on what we do

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Like fuck I'm reading that

It's not the videos, its the "I RELEASE THIS FOR FREEE" all the time, like you're some kind of shit game superhero. I'd rather you kept it because your motives aren't congruent, you want to be "the proto guy"

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
No shit. I shop the stories to gaming publications. I provide the details, the backstory, the quotes, the references...all of it. I package the story up in a neat little bow...and SOMETIMES it ends up getting picked up. Shit the prototype in the field story ended up on Apple News feeds under technology.

The 3DO M2 Demo Disc I made and released got the same. After that three more "games" found their way to me and I was able to acquire them and give them away. That exposure shook more stuff loose from the proverbial tree and into my lap which allowed me to share it with others.

So you are damn right I want the exposure. THATS THE POINT OF THIS. The idea I should be apologizing for wanting the content to be viewed makes zero sense.

I like playing video games. I like collecting them. I like finding and dumping prototypes. I like getting people excited about the things I enjoy. I like introducing people to NEW things they may end up loving. I like making videos. I want them to be watched as much as possible. That's the point.

Maybe if people treated new members with a "oh man you like this too? Or you want to get into it? Here lets show you around...we got a lot of fun to offer" then things would grow around here. Nobody needs to have been alive during the 90s when we were throwing quarters into Neo Geo cabinets to be allowed in on the fun. Unless we just want this to all die when we get old and stop caring.

So if you thinking saying "he likes the exposure" is some kind of insult...it's not. I've been a working artist for two decades as of this year. I don't make pieces to put them in a drawer and say "I did that..." and then walk away. That's basically the entire concept behind the practice of working as a filmmaker. We want eyeballs on what we do
okay...but as long as you don't start the process of making a video gaming museum...

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
okay...but as long as you don't start the process of making a video gaming museum...
I hate to tell you bro, but the fucking bloop museum is like an hour away from where you live and is exactly that.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
I hate to tell you bro, but the fucking bloop museum is like an hour away from where you live and is exactly that.
wtf is that? i mean i can guess what it is. never heard...but, no thanks.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Like fuck I'm reading that

It's not the videos, its the "I RELEASE THIS FOR FREEE" all the time, like you're some kind of shit game superhero. I'd rather you kept it because your motives aren't congruent, you want to be "the proto guy"
Yes. I advocate for releasing shit for free. Not sitting on a bunch of stuff and saying "ooh look what I have. No you cant have it. Its mine" like most of gaming.

Its more fun. It gets more people in the mindset of "maybe I should do this too". I mean how many hundreds of prototypes are sitting in someone's collection that'll just hit the landfill when they die and their family cleans their shit up? Tons.

How many Neo Geo prototypes aren't available that could be because of the "it will devalue my investment"?

Its all foolish. So I give shit away. The only "guy" I want to be is the "hey look at this thing I like. I bet you will like it too. We can all like it together and have fun" guy

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Yeah but like I said your motives are for fame, not that reason
You've got to be the most difficult person ever to try to explain something to

Let me try it another way. Step 1: Give stuff away for fun 2: tell people its fun to give stuff away 3: get stories about giving stuff away printed 4: find more stuff to give away from the press 5: give more stuff away. Rinse and repeat.

Never sold, never crowd funded...just handed out so more people can have fun.

More views = more opportunities to do that while talking about stuff I am interested in.

and Fame? Shit a cat that does something funny on camera will blow away my lifetime view stats on YT and every other piece of filmed content in my 20 year career in about 12 hours. Probably make more money too (but I hope the cat spends it wisely)

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I'm not a difficult person to explain things to, I'm just not reading your waffle

I'm not sure you even care about the games. You want to be noticed. I'm sorry the hyper will never be good. All you're doing is increasing prices on shitty games. You can pretend to like them all you want. Noone cares about your shit game prototypes.