Weekly Roundup

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
After a nearly 60-hour work week, I needed a break.

Did my usual rounds of Super Turbo and KoF '98 on the cabs.

Steam

Dead Space 2023 - I love the original but I've been having a hard time playing "new" games the last couple of years.

Mr. Driller Drillland - Finally got to the 3rd section of levels (2000m). It definitely feeds my need for old-school arcade games where you have to get in the zone at some point to have a good run but man is that shit tough. Had me cursing when a couple of my runs fell apart 75-90% of the way in.

DNF Duel - Kind of fun to play an old-school "broken" fighting game where the point isn't playing other people but just learning the highest damage, most ridiculous combos and just destroying the AI. Every character has ludicrously big buttons and broken shit that leads to 70-80% combos off one touch. I'll probably never play another human being in it but I'm having fun nevertheless.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Beat Metroid Prime yesterday.

Years ago, on the Gamecube, I died a couple of times to the Omega Pirate, put the game down, and just never picked it up again.

This time around, I was using PrimeHack (I think I started this run before the Switch version was released) with Keyboard + Mouse controls and texture packs.

Omega Pirate was still a pain in the ass, but Ridley and Metroid Prime itself were a breeze. Those fights (and the Omega Pirate) seem to be partially built around throwing off or decreasing the usefulness of the lock-on, so the mouse controls might have broken things in my favor a little bit. The morph ball is harder to control with WASD.

Overall, l recommend it. Even before I applied the 17gb in updated textures, the game looked amazing. The visors were especially well-implemented. I can't think of any other 3d game released in 2002 that even comes close.

Now I'm working through the rest of the series, which is completely new to me.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
PS4

Gave up on Wolfenstein, FPS just aren't for me. Every few years I get the itch to play one and am instantly reminded why I don't. Oh well at least it was only $5.

Resident Evil Remake HD- Still one of the best games ever made. It's incredible that this is basically an upscaled version of a Gamecube game from 20 years ago. Totally forgot about the Crimson Heads though so now I need to restart it as I accidentally fucked myself lol.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Steam Deck

Vampire Survivors - Every time I think I'm out they keep pulling me back in

Switch

BotW - Originally beat this on the WiiU, with the sequel due out in a month and a half I've decided to complete it on the Switch.

Turned my NGPC on the other day and the silicone pad for the buttons has randomly decided to break. While I wasn't even using the bloody thing. Fuckin' annoying.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I picked FFII back up. There’s a lot of backtracking but I like it. I’ve got some charts on grid paper written up to help with the kinda complicated leveling and weapon system.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
MVS only the past week. NTM, Slugs, Puzzle Bobble, PB2, etc.

Really waiting for League Bowling to show up. I haven't played it in a long time.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I picked FFII back up. There’s a lot of backtracking but I like it. I’ve got some charts on grid paper written up to help with the kinda complicated leveling and weapon system.
Are you playing the Pixel Remakes? I'm playing 1-6 right now (on 5) and I like what they did with 2.

I'm still playing Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls on Steam Deck.

Also playing Street Fighter Alpha 2 on FighrCade and MiSTer FGPA.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Are you playing the Pixel Remakes? I'm playing 1-6 right now (on 5) and I like what they did with 2.

I'm still playing Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls on Steam Deck.

Also playing Street Fighter Alpha 2 on FighrCade and MiSTer FGPA.
Nope - GBA

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Nope - GBA
Didn't mean to quote this post, lol. I've got the complete GBA release collection and I defo should do a run through of all of them sometime. Never really put any time into FFII, it's my least favorite of the oldschool FFs.

Still playing BotW. Got the Master Sword unlocked the four Great Fairy fountains, and I'm thinking about raiding Hyrule castle for the shield. I'm far enough along that I go out of my way to kill every Lynel and Hinox that I come across, just for fun. Should be in a position to takedown the four divine beasts in another week or so. I could do it now, but I enjoy faffing about too much.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
This week I played

Calisto Protocol - PS4 about 1/2 an hour in loving it so far.

Worms Reloaded - Steamdeck

Still one of the best multilayer games ever.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Mega Man & Bass - probably what I would call a perfect game. It is happiness. Haven't played this in many years. Holds up so well.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Finished Diablo 3 story, it is so meh. I might have picked the n00b class (necromancer) by mistake because there is zero challenge. I don't think I will play the season challenge, since I am so underwhelmed and I don't want to reroll.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
More BotW. Might beat it this weekend, and the go for completing all of the shrines.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
RE4 remake, great game but some parts are tough, but not souls tough.

yoshi41

Crazed MVS Addict
Finished Trails to Azure. Trails to Zero was already great, but this is just epic! 🤩

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Finished Diablo 3 story, it is so meh. I might have picked the n00b class (necromancer) by mistake because there is zero challenge. I don't think I will play the season challenge, since I am so underwhelmed and I don't want to reroll.
The game itself opens up tremendously in seasons when it comes to grinding through rifts and going through the challenges. That's where your legendaries come a plenty and you can create some absolutely broken builds.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Still playing Slugs and NTM mostly but I grabbed a $65 League Bowling boot off of Aliexpress so it's in the rotation. There are people offering boots with legit old boards or you can buy brand new short boards and transparent cases. It's cool because one look lets you know what you're buying. Only a eBay idiot might think they're official. I don't mind a brand new reproduction/boot that isn't half assed like many traditional ones.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
SNES
Sunset Riders - such a fun little game when Konami was firing on all cylinders. Playing as Sancho and listening to the Konami sound artistry is pure delight

GBA
Pokemon FireRed - fired this up to see how it goes. Super casual playthrough for me, just beat Brock

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection. I never played these games when they initially came out for GBA, but they're a lot of fun on the Switch Lite. Got a good mix of action and RPG elements.

yoshi41

Crazed MVS Addict
Mainly playing Advance Wars Reboot...

Don't know how many times I played those games on GBA, Revo K101, GBA Consolizer, MiSTer and various emu handhelds. Best TBS series imo.

Reactions: Syn

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Spin Master, puzzle bobble, pb2, Slugs, zed blade, ntm and others on my mv1b.

I've been messing around with a Mode and Dreamcast. I think even less of the DC library now. There are some great games but overall it's shit. I was hoping for lots of game ports on the Japanese side like the Saturn. Yes there's emulation but it's buggy and freezes up plus you need a keyboard for most of it.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
PS5
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order - beat the Ninth Sister, great game and surprisingly high quality from EA. I'm enjoying this one thus far.

GBA
Pokemon FireRed - about to challenge Misty after getting an Oddish since i chose Charmander.