Official Concert Thread: who have you seen lately?

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I haven’t seen a concert since before the pandemic. Everything got cancelled…

But now I have tickets for Helloween this May…hoping that it won’t get cancelled and that the whole band shows up.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Last concert I saw was New Order/Pet Shop Boys.

On deck:
May
Skinny Puppy
Gary Numan/Front Line Assembly at First Ave.

June
The Cure
Matchbox 20

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Last concert I saw was New Order/Pet Shop Boys.

On deck:
May
Skinny Puppy
Gary Numan/Front Line Assembly at First Ave.

June
The Cure
Matchbox 20

See…that’s pretty great run but it would be a better one if you just didn’t go to the last show. Sure, it’s free with admission to the county fair, great value, but everyone needs a night off to organize your sock drawer or whatever.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
In October or so I spent over 0.02 Wasabis on StubHub tickets to Depeche Mode tomorrow night. The tickets never showed up and they offered to exchange my seats for shitty ones ($150 back). Fuck this company. I got a refund.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
My one and only Stubhub experience was extremely similar to yours. In my case it was Erasure, not DM.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
Haven't been to a show in a couple years now, although I do have 2 lined up this summer. But going through my phone, here are a couple pics from the previous years.

Descendents
20171118-220146.jpg

Weezer (Pixies opened)
This pic was from when Rivers got on a motorized boat and road around the arena for a couple acoustic songs. At one point, he got right in front of us.
20191106-125245.jpg

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Last week: Alestorm / Gloryhammer - fantastic show 10/10
This week: Helloween / Hammerfall

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Recently went to see Caroline Rose at the 9:30 club. She played her whole new album and then played 7-8 of her “greatest hits”. Was an amazing show and was the first time the wife and I had gone to a show since the ‘Rona took over.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
9:30 is one of he best venues ever.

Going to Mr. Bungle in September for my b-day. Other than that, I'm too old and cranky for outdoor shows (too many amateurs and shitheels) and most of the bands I would want to see at this point only play arenas/amphitheaters.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I saw Rodan at the 9:30-the one tour they did before disintegrating. Was dumb luck; was visiting friends, and was invited to go.

I had seen them weeks earlier, where I lived at the time (Arcata, CA).

I never chimed back in, re: unwound reunion shows.

Holy shit, absolutely positively the greatest live performances I’ve ever ever seen.

I’ve worked, and seen ~1000 shows at this point. Between the spot-on playing of Vern’s bass parts by Jared (his mentee), the song selection, the execution…to throwing the wake flowers into the audience at the end…I’ve never been so moved.

Acid Mother’s Temple is up next: Philly on Thursday, and Wilmington DE on Friday. Mid-Atlantic peeps, take your pick-or do both! I’ll be at the Wilmington show.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
^the beginning of the face-melting finale freakout.
Video ends just as Kawabata starts to crowd surf his guitar over the audience, and lets us strum and shake it to add to a chaotic feedback storm.

Seriously considering driving to Baltimore for tonight’s show.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Haven't been to a show in a couple years now, although I do have 2 lined up this summer. But going through my phone, here are a couple pics from the previous years.

Descendents
20171118-220146.jpg

Weezer (Pixies opened)
This pic was from when Rivers got on a motorized boat and road around the arena for a couple acoustic songs. At one point, he got right in front of us.
20191106-125245.jpg
I've heard horror stories about stubhub. I try to get the tickets through ticketmaster (I hate them too), through the bands website if offered, or AXS.

I've wanted to see Weezer. They would be fun live. I heard they play stuff people think are their songs like Weetus' Teenage Dirtbag. LOL

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I've heard horror stories about stubhub. I try to get the tickets through ticketmaster (I hate them too), through the bands website if offered, or AXS.

I've wanted to see Weezer. They would be fun live. I heard they play stuff people think are their songs like Weetus' Teenage Dirtbag. LOL
You're the boss, applesauce

prof

Ha! That reminds me. Back in 2000/01, or so, I happened to see Wheatus. It wasn't exactly on purpose, they just happened to be playing a set at a local club that my buddies and I went to frequently because they didn't card, and we were 18/19. The club was set up in two big rooms, the one with the stage, and one with pool tables and a bar. We usually just hung out and shot pool unless a band we were excited about was playing.

Anyway, I didn't know who Wheatus was by name at the time, although I had heard "Teenage Dirtbag" on the radio a few times. So when I heard them playing that song, I popped into the other room to check it out, and the lead singer was this skinny little guy, and he was singing all of those high notes. When hearing the song on the radio, I had assumed it was a girl singing those parts. You know, "I've got 2 tickets to Iron Maiden, baby..." But it's all the same guy. It was really something seeing that in person. Dude kind of crouched and tilted his head to the side like a bird when he was singing those high parts. Ha

Hadn't thought about that in years. Weird memory, so thanks for jogging it. :D

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Ha! That reminds me. Back in 2000/01, or so, I happened to see Wheatus. It wasn't exactly on purpose, they just happened to be playing a set at a local club that my buddies and I went to frequently because they didn't card, and we were 18/19. The club was set up in two big rooms, the one with the stage, and one with pool tables and a bar. We usually just hung out and shot pool unless a band we were excited about was playing.

Anyway, I didn't know who Wheatus was by name at the time, although I had heard "Teenage Dirtbag" on the radio a few times. So when I heard them playing that song, I popped into the other room to check it out, and the lead singer was this skinny little guy, and he was singing all of those high notes. When hearing the song on the radio, I had assumed it was a girl singing those parts. You know, "I've got 2 tickets to Iron Maiden, baby..." But it's all the same guy. It was really something seeing that in person. Dude kind of crouched and tilted his head to the side like a bird when he was singing those high parts. Ha

Hadn't thought about that in years. Weird memory, so thanks for jogging it. :D
If you start responding to messages in this font repeatedly, i am demoting you to Zeta tier.

prof

If you start responding to messages in this font repeatedly, i am demoting you to Zeta tier.
Ha! I'm on my phone, so I typed it in notepad and pasted it here. Guess it formatted weird. It's easier to type that way on mobile when it's longer than a couple of sentences.

But do what you must. I'll just have to strive harder in the future to maintain my place on your vaunted tier system.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Last night I saw Helloween and Hammerfall. Both shows were awesome even with a small stage. Everyone was present and healthy and playing/singing as well as they ever have. These guys really know how to work a crowd.

Apparently Americans don’t want long singalongs to Future World so they did I Want Out instead.

IMG_8796.jpegIMG_8788.jpeg

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
My favorite club in the world is The Blind Pig. It’s pretty small. The stage…is it 40’? Maybe. Way smaller than what Helloween is working with here. I know the talent usually walks off stage and through the audience because there is no back way. I’ve seen Blackalicious, Doomtree, Saul Williams, lots of indie hiphop, and also people I just know in town because they are open most days. Aside from Daft Punk Alive 2007 at the Greek Theater in Berkeley I’d say all the best shows I’ve ever been too were at Blind Pig. I’m sure people somewhere around here are still talking about Nirvana in 89’.

I park half a block away and rarely pay more than $25 for a ticket. It’s like something out of a Norman Rockwell painting. I love it.

Last edited:

Inshakoor

New Challenger
Muse and Depeche Mode in early April. Pre-pandemic I was a regular concert goer but since then I almost lost interest with such a large time gap. Glad I went to these concerts. Reminded me how much fun it is to see your fav bands in person.