Recent content by 2Heed

1. 2

What anime are you watching?

Appreciate the feedback on Evangelion. I'd heard it had a depressing, muddled plot with pretentious, pseudo-philosophical rhetoric. Doesn't sound like it'll be my next go round. AoT is pretty heavy and dense (this 4th season is almost like a new show thus far with its time jump, shift in...
  2. 2

I'm further into Attack on Titan now, I think episode 51 or 52, where they've returned to their hometown that was taken over by the titans in the very first episode. I had to pry myself away from the television last night at 2am because this portion of the story has been an absolute banger. The...
  3. 2

Interesting you mention that; I was already about to post this as my most recent anime. I've only finished the first season and just watched the first episode of the second (the titan it just introduced is unsettling and I can't wait to see where it goes with him). I knew going in that it...
  4. 2

Voice acting in videogames is rubbish

Strikey Sisters on Switch has intentionally bad voice acting. The game itself is fantastic, too. Very reminiscent of MVS stuff in terms of graphical style and pick-up-and-play.
  5. 2

Voice acting in videogames is rubbish

I was going to make a mention of Mega Man 8 and you beat me to it. I still can't get over Dr. Light's VA. The most intelligent human in that universe sounds like a drunk, stuttering Elmer Fudd. Like Mega Man X4 and Zero's "What am I fighting FOORRRRRRRAAAAUUGHERRRRR?!" line, it's so bad it's...
  6. 2

offical wwe thread

So you're telling me the one guy that found the Katie Vick angle funny, had a woman crawl around and bark, body-shamed a talented performer because she had wide hips and a big butt as if it was a bad thing, fat-shamed another who was perfectly fit, had a humiliation kink a mile wide, has been...
  7. 2

Great choice. I never realized he did Ninja Scroll, too. Always loved the surprising elegance of the bar near the beginning of Wicked City. Classic hole in the wall place which belied its outer environs. My wife and I finished the 80s Area 88 OVAs. I remember as a kid how much the design of UN...
  8. 2

Arcade1up better than real cabs?

Once that nostalgia-fueled adrenaline rush wears off, you'll be filled with buyers remorse as most of the games are badly-dated crap.
  9. 2

PlayStation Portal to have MSRP of 199.99

This is, legitimately, the worst "handheld" device since the Nokia N-Gage.
  10. 2

Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder...a perfect game?

Fun pick-up-and-play game, with excellent visuals for its time, but the biggest drawbacks are: 1) The magic system is majorly downgraded from previous titles. The giant needs to collect something like 13 potions just to do his magic attack, unlike in previous GA titles where clearing the screen...
  11. 2

Neo-Geo Arcade Stick Pro (set to English, but still in Japanese)

Cool. I'll just return/refund.
  12. 2

Neo-Geo Arcade Stick Pro (set to English, but still in Japanese)

Just got an Arcade Stick Pro off Amazon, the system's default language is set to English, yet all the games/logos/speech/font are in Japanese. SamSho2 is Shin Samurai Spirits and I don't get that beautifully brutal Engrish text intro. Same issue for all games; Fatal Fury 3's spoken intro is all...
  13. 2

Atari’s Hercules Pinball

They've had this pinball machine at Canobie Lake Park in Salem, New Hamsphire for decades; I remember it being there on field trips and was still there when my wife and I went a couple years ago. It's a fantastic theme park overall and I'd recommend it to anyone. Here's a list of their 33...
  14. 2

So the Ezra Miller Flash movie is finally coming out.

The problem with DC is that they grossly over-rely on Batman, Superman, and (to a lesser extent) Wonder Woman. That's been their case for decades. We get it, they're super iconic, but there's a problem when Rocket Raccoon's backstory, created only for his cinematic character, is infinitely more...
  15. 2

Movie opinions thread (what have you seen, what did you think?)

My wife and I saw 65 in the theater the other day. Best movie featuring dinosaurs of the last 30 years, and by an enormous margin. They're used much more sparingly, as this is first and foremost a survival/suspense/adventure film which just features a handful of them overall. I thought this...