Recent content by Anselm

1. Anselm

Need Help. 6-slot no video for 6 months now :(

I tried to find some answers here when it went bad 6 months ago to no avail. I've gotten a second wind and wish to try fixing my arcade cabinet once again. Here is what happened: While powering up my cabinet one day, my three year old was rapidly toggling my pause switch, which is hooked to...
  2. Anselm

MV-6F stopped working

Ok, my 6-slot has worked flawlessly for many years, but not so anymore. Here are the symptoms: 1. Blank screen; no boot up screen, sound, or ability to enter cross hatch screen with any cartridges installed. 2. With no cartridges installed, boots right to crosshatch screen. How I think it...
  3. Anselm

My big red isn't on hard mvs.com

I bought a big red this weekend. I went to hard mvs to see it, but it isn't there. I don't have email set up on my wife's iPad, so I figured I can come here and talk about it :) Mine is an MVS-2, but here are the differences: My console has a stainless steel finish, whereas all the ones on...
  4. Anselm

Big Red purchase, need some advice

I found a BIg Red cabinet in my area for $400. Although I already have a custom built Neo Geo cabinet, I've been itching for quite some time to get a SF2 CE motherboard, and maybe some other favorites from my youth like MK2 and Double Dragon. The fighters require me to redisign the console for...
  5. Anselm

Merry Christmas to me :)

So I opened my presents this morning. Goldeneye for the PS3, the new Zelda for Wii, a brand new Dremel tool and attachments...and two huge boxes. I opened the boxes and found my wife had hijacked my Southtown account and bought everything in my cart!! Here's what my shelves now look like :)...
  6. Anselm

A shutout in Baseball Stars 2

You have to get 99 points. I did it in the 8th inning and they called the game. ~Anselm~
  7. Anselm

Baseball Stars 2 save file glitched

So I was on game 10 of Baseball Stars 2. Turned on the machine to continue today, only to find my team was not on the file, and both players were computer controlled. All I could do was watch both teams play. Tried resetting a few times but it was permanently saved to this state. I'm using the...
  8. Anselm

I was bored today

So I made a bunch of icons on Mirosoft Word so I can work on some nice looking move lists. That's just a screen shot, But I can manipulate the actual images in word, and hopefully can make some pretty little manuals to keep with my arcade machine. EDIT: Started converting an SVC CHAOS move...
  9. Anselm

Twinkle Star Circuit Card Damage?

I just recieved this from a fellow Neo-Geo.com member. While cleaning it I discovered what appears to be a shoddy repair. Before I try to reflow this thing, I want to verify that this is not some kind of deliberate crappy mod. If you look at the IC that is in focus, you'll notice there is a...
  10. Anselm

Super Nintendo trimmer capacitor TC1

I have a Super Nintendo that will only display in black and white. I have narrowed it down to a trimmer capacitor for the crystal. I tried googling a solution, but apparently no one else has figured out that this capacitor is what fixes a great many of these black and white Super Nintendos...
  11. Anselm

PAL to NTSC conversion, v3-5

As the title states, I'm trying to convert a PAL AES system to NTSC for one of our other forum members. He tried getting advice on it but we got several conflicting posts, and no one responded when we asked for clarification. I had hoped to open up my AES and just copy my NTSC configuration...
  12. Anselm

FC3 Plus to JAMMA

Anyone have info on doing this? The FC3 Plus is the system that plays Genesis, Super Nintendo, and Nintendo cartridges. Hoping I can find a tutorial for making one JAMMA compatible. If not, I'll just mod the Super Nintendo I picked up for $5 today. ~Anselm~
  13. Anselm

Egret III ?

I absolutely love the look of this cab. Can't find much information on them though. Are they too expensive compared to the Egret II? I'm guessing these are fairly new compared the other candy cabs. ~Anselm~
  14. Anselm

Troubleshooting an old CRT

So my console system monitor, an approximately 14 year old 32" JVC, has been having problems for the past several years. Until it warms up, the CRT will periodicaly go to a flat line in the center of the monitor. If I tap or smack the monitor, it comes back into view. Once it's warmed up, it...
  15. Anselm

LOL @ craiglist MVS AES big red.

Http://sacramento.craigslist.org/vgm/2508438223.html This is just too funny to not share. A few key points of interest: 1. He calls it an MVS and AES in the title. 2. He alludes to the fact it could support 6 games, but comes with one. 3. The marquee is clearly custom. 4. If you want to know...