Recent content by Average Joe

1. Average Joe

What anime are you watching?

I'm not super into Gundam, but Mobile Fighter G is one of the series I love and I always wondered why they never made more stuff like it.
  2. Average Joe

Weekly Roundup

I finished that up right before they announced the remake haha Still great, but the sequel really improved upon nearly every aspect. USF4 (Steam) Grabbed this for like $5 a while back and am currently giving it a go. I played 5 and 6 a fair bit, but I think this is still my favorite of the...
  3. Average Joe

Movie opinions thread (what have you seen, what did you think?)

Haunting Fear Maybe the closest Fred Olen Ray has come to making a passable Horror movie. I know people seem to really like Sideshow that he did with Full Moon, but I could never get into Full Moon films so I haven't seen that one. Is this good? Nope. Is it the best Horror film I've seen...
  4. Average Joe

Trying to Review Every Neo Geo Game on Youtube

I had no idea you had a channel... almost 30k subs? That's awesome.
  5. Average Joe

Night Swim There are two Marco Polo bits in this haunted pool film (<--- wtf?!?!) and the second one involved the possessed father screaming "Marco!" when he lost sight of the daughter he was chasing only to find her moments later and then scream "You didn't say Polo!". 10/10 bit... not sure...
  6. Average Joe

Gameboy or GBC "hidden gems"?

Been playing this one a bit. I never even heard of it until I was looking up a full list of DB games. Seems that everyone who played it really likes it and you hardly see people mentioning it. For a GBC DBZ game it's quite unique and actually rather fun too.
  7. Average Joe

Late Night with the Devil A bit let down by this one--very close to being quite good, but I'll have to settle on just being "good". The 70s vibe is there and the setting/premise is definitely very fun and interesting. I also really like David Dastmalchian and he does his usual great job here...
  8. Average Joe

Occult I've seen most of Koji Shiraishi's work now and I honestly kind of love this dude. He does weird low budget stuff that sounds kind of bad on paper, but he makes it work somehow. This one throws a lot at you while never quite explaining the how or why behind it all, but it culminates in a...
  9. Average Joe

Only for north of the equator.
  10. Average Joe

Weekly Roundup

Added PSO Episode III C.A.R.D Revolution to my rotation since I've had a copy of it for a while and never played it. I must say that I think this game is quite overlooked as it is fun as hell, has solid visuals, excellent music, and gameplay that feels ahead of its time. The story and...
  11. Average Joe

Transformers One. Nah dude.

I have no dog in this fight since I'm not a Transformers guy, but the blatantly obvious mass-appealing music choices in these types of films always bug me. I mean, I get it that they're trying to grab the attention of every Tom and Jane booger-eating general audience ticket purchaser out there...
  12. Average Joe

Hundreds of Beavers What an absolute treat. I have been waiting on this one for a while now and it did not let me down in the slightest. This is just peak creativity and is a testament that there are still plenty of people out there in the world that continue to bring joyously unique ideas to...
  13. Average Joe

BEST TV Shows to watch... CURRENTLY...

They flip-flopped with his character too much and he wasn't as extreme as he should have been. Lucy and Coop were both fairly extreme in their world views/actions and Max probably should have been as well given his upbringing in the Brotherhood, but he just came off as being kind of too...
  14. Average Joe

Next one is supposed to be a Christmas film, which I am totally there for. I'm a big fan of Art and the franchise, but that running time on part two was just so unnecessary. I'll happily take a two hour plus long Horror film if it's some A24 artsy shit, but for gore-fest schlock like...