Recent content by Average Joe

1. A

May The Force Be With You BITCHES!

Rogue One is a big missed opportunity to expand the universe and let us see what else is out there and what can be done in the Star Wars cinematic universe—instead it’s just Force-fed (puns!) nostalgia dipped in standard fair action my biggest grip isn’t what the film is, but what it could’ve...
  2. A

Donnie Yen was conned in to appeal to the Chinese market he even had those reservations prior to shooting and was assured that wasn’t the case he was right all along
  3. A

it’s a film full of unsympathetic characterless characters who serve as nothing more than cannon and exposition fodder I’ve seen Rogue One four times in an attempt to glean some good qualities out of it and I still can’t name any of the characters off the top of my head except the droid (who...
  4. A

Anyone collect board games? Just babbling about them.

my buddy picked up Gloomhaven and proceeded to spend at least a full day sleeving all the cards and then flipping it when he saw how much it was going for on eBay (he doesn’t typically do things like that, but he saw a chance to make some extra Christmas money for his kids and went with it) I’m...
  5. A

Force Awakens filled me a sense of nostalgic joy and renewed optimism for Star Wars, while Last Jedi took all of those positive feelings and turned them into Porg shit. I am as disappointed with this movie as I was with Phantom Menace and I never in my life believed that could happen to such a...
  6. A

Switched: How Nintendo Won Me Back

this thing is like Steam Jr. with triple A Nintendo titles and I love it I bought mine on a whim since I happened to see a few in stock at a Target a couple of months after its release and it’s turned into the console I’ve played the most in years (I don’t game nearly as much as I used to)...
  7. A

SFV or SFIV--which to play?

I feel like playing a fighter for some reason even though I haven't cared about them in a decade and even then it was casual. For whatever reason, these new SF games have piqued my curiosity. I read some stuff about V being kind of a mess (online connectivity wise) and it being more casual...
  8. A

Wonder woman

This film was a masterpiece when compared to Suicide Squad and Batman vs Superman. I only went to see it based off of the positive reviews; I'm not much of a review reader, but I've I was burned by the aforementioned films before. This was a solid and thoroughly enjoyable (albeit very safe and...
  9. A

Mage Knight is one of the best--so good.
  10. A

So I saw Alien Covenant. I am pissed (spoiler free rant)

Hearing that people liked Prometheus is as crazy to me as a Donald Trump being President.
  11. A

The Surge (Sci-Fi Melee D-Souls Clone)

They're fairly standard to be honest. I will say that between your exo suit options and crazy weaponry, the hero character looks pretty damn cool once you get some gear. I've put 20 hours into this and my opinion is the same--a respectable DS-like game worth playing, but definitely a better...
  12. A

The Surge (Sci-Fi Melee D-Souls Clone)

This will end up a cult classic. I picked it up on a whim and after 6 hours or so I'm quit enjoying the aesthetics and gameplay. I put a few hundred hours into DS3, but that's about it, so I'm not an expert on these types of games, but I certainly get the appeal and enjoy them even if I'm not...
  13. A

Trump Fires Comey

I feel bad for all the aspiring writers of Dystopian novels as Trump is taking all their good ideas before they can put them on paper.
  14. A

I own the Bloodborne game and I think it's great for what it is, but I wouldn't pay more than $20-25 for it. Definitely captures the feel of the game fairly well and is super quick to learn/play. You can play a few rounds and move onto something heavier, which you should, as the biggest problem...
  15. A

we play the original Shadows Over Camelot every so often really fun game, but we house rule that thing to make sure there's always a Traitor the game gets way less fun when you've figured out nobody is a Traitor halfway into the game