Recent content by barakka

1. B

Missing transparencies in sprites

Hello, I have an MV1A with an unusual graphical problem, please see the attached photo: Basically it looks like the machine is missing the transparency features and all the sprites overlap. Does someone have an idea of what could be the problem? Maybe a dead custom chip? Which chip does the...
  2. B

MV-1B Graphic glitches *FIXED*

I have a board that shows these glitches: Looks like some sprites, but not all, have lines in them and some are out of place. I've already tried swapping the sub board, so I can rule out a dirty/defective slot. I've also tried the Diag Bios, but it doesn't find anything wrong with the video...
  3. B

Help for pixelated backgrounds

Hello, I have a NEO GEO AES with the problem shown in these photos: Basically the backgrounds (sometimes also some of the sprites) are pixelated as if the horizontal resolution was halved, is this a known problem? Any suggestions? Note: I've already tried another cart and the problem is the...
  4. B

Need connector info

Hi, Does someone know what type/model are the AMP connectors that are used in the control harness of Sega Japanese cabs? I've tried AMP's site but there are hundreds of similar connectors, maybe someone have a service manual and can check, please?
  5. B

What is this?

Hello, I've seen a French documentary about SNK's Metal Slug Series, at one point they show this thing::conf: detail of the front: It was in a carton full of SNK related items (art, fliers, games) that SNK JP sent to them to help make a documentary. So what is that thing? It seems like a...