Recent content by channelmaniac

1. channelmaniac

CXA1145 Encoder brightness issue

It's the Sega Genesis video circuit. I cut out that section of PCB and wired it in. Unfortunately, this whole project has been scrapped. The Leningrad Spectrum clone puts out the proper horizontal sync when used with a 14.31818 crystal (4x color burst) but still outputs 50Hz vertical sync...
  2. channelmaniac

CXA1145 Encoder brightness issue

Hey p33pz! Have any of you messed with the Sony CXA1145 video encoder? I'm using the bone stock circuit from the Sega Genesis, in fact I cut that section of PCB out and am using that. It's connected to a Leningrad Spectrum clone and right now I have B&W composite output as I'm waiting on the...
  3. channelmaniac

Neo Geo AES 3-6 red screen without game installed.

Work RAM has the address lines and data lines connected to the CPU. Video RAM has them connected to the LSPC chip.
  4. channelmaniac

Work Ram error mv1fzs

There are 2 ways to describe the data bus... D0-D15 or D1-D16. Mostly it's D0-D15 with D0-D7 being the lower byte and one of the backup RAMs and D8-D15 being the second, upper backup RAM.
  5. channelmaniac

Memory Card for the MVH4FT board

In addition to the MV-IC PCB there are two long 60 pin ribbon cables to connect it to the Neo Geo board.
  6. channelmaniac

Want to learn more...?

VCF Southwest is done! It was a LOT of work and an amazing time seeing all the folks having fun. My sessions were recorded. They are up on the VCFSW Channel on YT and I got permission to have the Digital Logic Basics and the Computer Circuit Basics copied over to my channel...
  7. channelmaniac

Want to learn more...?

Been BUSY! Working up sign layouts, prepping items for the fundraising auction, finishing my presentations, and finishing up the items I'll be selling. We sold out the last table tonight too. I tell you guys that this has been a wild ride. 5 guys coming together to put on an expo that...
  8. channelmaniac

Want to learn more...?

Monday at 02:20 I ordered 5 PCBs of the 8031 kit computer PCB from JLCPCB. they arrived today (Friday at 13:21)... That's 3 1/2 days from order and creation in China to my house in the Dallas, TX suburbs. WOW. They soldered right up! On minor issue to address - the positive connection on the...
  9. channelmaniac

Want to learn more...?

I've been in a couple of them... The VIC-20 and C128 repair / rebuild videos. The C128 one even made Reddit. You can find my PCjr in another one of his videos and I got a shout out for helping him with repairing his Compaq 8086 portable.
  10. channelmaniac

Want to learn more...?

No. He has a bunch of parts boards that will be able to either be fixed or used to fix others. I'll be bringing in some test gear.
  11. channelmaniac

Want to learn more...?

Hey, just ask away! VCF Southwest is June 23rd - 25th in Dallas on the UT Dallas campus.
  12. channelmaniac

Want to learn more...?

David Murray, the 8-Bit Guy and I are doing a VIC-20 Repair Workshop on Friday afternoon from 3-6pm. Also, I'm building the show computer kit, an affordable 8031 microcontroller based system running Intel's BASIC-52 that will be very easy to solder together.
  13. channelmaniac

Official Ng.com Members Cooking Thread...

Homemade mushroom soup... Dice some fresh mushrooms and an onion. Cook with a bit of butter or oil until the onions are translucent. Add in thyme, tarragon, garlic, and salt to taste and cook down to remove most of the water from the onions. Deglaze the pan with red wine and bring it to a boil...
  14. channelmaniac

Official Ng.com Members Cooking Thread...

Necro bump! My MIL gave me a nice slab of cold smoked Norwegian salmon and I had some left over slow cooked beef ribs...