Recent content by city41

1. city41

King of Fighters 94: Team Edit hack

I don't know much about the Neo CD ... yet. I want to learn, but haven't gotten there. So at least for now, no CD plans.
  2. city41

Unfortunately Rugal doesn't work that way. He's not really a character, he's truly the boss. As in when you are using him, it's exactly as if the other player is fighting the game's boss. You can't only play with his second form, it just doesn't show up. It will only show up if you first use his...
  3. city41

Sadly Rugal just isn't that fun to use. His first form only has basics (doesn't even have a throw), and if you pick him he's your entire team. I'll still make him an unlockable character, but eh, it's just a gimmick. At least the world will finally see his alternate colors in action
  4. city41

MISTer FPGA?

It shouldn't, as fpga is emulation.
  5. city41

Yeah I might switch to that. I personally don't like the 95 avatar much, he kinda looks goofy :) That's why I chose 98. But yeah, 95 is probably more fitting. This is what Sie is referring to. Rugal pops onto the char select once you get to him. Everyone is grey because you will have...
  6. city41

Let me just retract this. I was excited :) It will probably still be a while. And that is because I now realize I can most likely also fix the cutscenes. They probably work very similar to how the win and continue screens do. I feel pretty confident that other than endings, I should be able to...
  7. city41

Single player mode is also now pretty much there. I am now 100% confident I can finish this, and I also don't think it'll be too much longer.
  8. city41

What was the first neogeo game you played in an arcade cabinet?

I probably played an MVS unit in the early 90s as back then I was frequenting arcades. But I don't remember it. I distinctly remember playing KOF95 in the college cafeteria and Metal Slug at the grocery store down the street when I went off to college. Those two games, especially MS, were what...
  9. city41

Anyone seen this exploding flag before? I don't think I ever have. I got it by forcing the game to think all 8 teams were defeated right away.
  10. city41

Versus mode is now fully working unless there's some bugs I missed (always possible). In versus mode the stage is random, and whenever a player re-challenges, both players can choose their team over. Both different from original KOF94 but I thought both made the game a tad more modern. Single...
  11. city41

Restated my AES Collection

I kinda wonder did she even buy them at all? Her videos feel very inauthentic to me. From the Mario/TMNT theme of her room to how she talks about the games. My spider sense goes off to all of it. Maybe they're all friends and just getting more return out of their "prop" investment. I know...
  12. city41

Restated my AES Collection

People are now paying $400 for Football Frenzy? Holy moly.
  13. city41

Options unibios

On my AES system using a NeoSD, AOF3 pauses just fine no matter what home mode I try or how I get there (using unibios 3.0). In MAME it will only pause in AES mode if I start the session in AES mode. Switching from MVS->AES and soft rebooting, I can't pause. In MAME I have unibios 3.1 and 3.2...
  14. city41

Baseball Stars 2: 2-player credits bug

btw KOF94 in Euro/MVS mode lets you push 1p or 2p start once it has two credits. But if you push 2p start, it consumes both of them and you get a versus game. I would imagine most neo fighters act like that? I never knew this. It's interesting how something seemingly so simple can be different...
  15. city41

Baseball Stars 2: 2-player credits bug

It looks to be both. 1 credit is immediately deducted when you press start. The other credit is deducted if you decide to do a two player game.