Recent content by dspoonrt

1. dspoonrt

Movie opinions thread (what have you seen, what did you think?)

He made a handful of decent music videos in the mid 90s, but his film and TV work is indefensible dogshit.
  2. dspoonrt

SBF Gets sentenced to 25 years.

The same could be said about Ted Bundy, and they didn't go easy on him.
  3. dspoonrt

If Dune 2 was 2.25 times better than Road House, the budget was worth it. I look forward to subsequent box office updates as more blockbusters are released throughout the year.
  4. dspoonrt

It's crazy that $85 million is considered a small budget nowadays. Even still, it seemed like they rushed production and relied on a bad script with mostly D-tier actors.
  5. dspoonrt

You guys are dead on. My wife was excited for it, and we wasted a night on it. Just dreadful. No likeable characters or even believable interactions. The dialogue was next-level bad. It reminded me of the straight-to-video stuff Nic Cage has been pumping out in between his occasional larger...
  6. dspoonrt

That's standard practice in Hollywood. I love Jurassic Park, but they've done the same with that series. No new ideas in 30 years.
  7. dspoonrt

Interstellar isn't necessarily stupid, but like most of Nolan's recent films, it's not nearly as brilliant, entertaining, or significant as the superhero movie generation thinks it is.
  8. dspoonrt

Neobitz Presents "Knight's Chance" - AES Pre-Orders Now Open

I'd say so. It's easily my favorite Neo homebrew, too. Short, addictive gameplay, a variety of mini-games, perfect for multiplayer and high score chasing.
  9. dspoonrt

Neobitz Presents "Knight's Chance" - AES Pre-Orders Now Open

Happy for Jeff/NeoBitz and everyone who'll get to play this game. It's a winner.
  10. dspoonrt

Cyborg Force, new 2023 project

I don't know. Knight's Chance rules. Pretty authentic production value for a homebrew.
  11. dspoonrt

NBA Season 23/24

Yeah, it definitely seems like a Celtics vs. Nuggets Finals this year, and Boston is looking pretty unstoppable. I wouldn't bet against them.
  12. dspoonrt

Vengeance Hunters (Beat 'em Up) for the Neo Geo

I live about 45 minutes away and have been meaning to check out their retail location for years. Would be cool to try this out before making a purchase decision. Ultimately, though, I'd be in favor of a rom purchase if that ever becomes viable.
  13. dspoonrt

Bottoms was middle of the road yet fairly enjoyable. Better than recent comedy drivel like No Hard Feelings, Strays, Clerks III, Bad Trip, and Don't Look Up but ultimately kind of soulless and unnecessary. I laughed a lot, but the satire was so over-the-top, it often became grating. I doubt I'll...
  14. dspoonrt

First album you ever bought?

My dad would take me to record stores a lot growing up starting around 1989/1990. At first, I would just look at the NES games and occasionally convince him to buy me a used game. Then, I started to dabble in tapes and CDs, but only the absolute cheapest of the cheap. I didn't have much spending...