Recent content by ericb

1. E

WTB: ROTD MVS Kit

Just getting into MVS, and I would like to get a Rage of the Dragons kit. This kit is super cheap, so I would like to pick one up from someone. Or, if you know a cheap weblink for it, please, hook me up. I can pay via Paypal only, PM me with the price you would like. Thanks again everyone...
  2. E

WTB: AOF3, MOTW MVS - Found, please delete

Looking for Art of Fighting 3 and Mark of the Wolves MVS. Full kits would be cool, but I'm not too picky. Something that I am picky about, however, is that they have intact labels with serials, and not reprint labels. Thanks in advance, everyone.
  3. E

MV-1T - Sound Output Problem

Alright, so I built my supergun, turned it on, and I've got video and everything looks cool...except for the fact that my Real Bout cart won't boot. It seems to be constantly in a test mode of sorts, and it's getting me really frustrated. The cart is good, because I used it on my friend's cab...
  4. E

FS: AES Baseball Stars Pro (US), Ghost Pilots (DT), Alpha Mission II (DT)

Couple of games that I'm ready to get rid of: Baseball Stars Professional (US) - $18 Most of this is gamers' condition. Tray in case is unglued at all 4 spots, there is a small hole in the back of the insert (see picture). The manual is intact, however, clearly used and thumbed-through. The...
  5. E

Microswitch Question

Ok, well, I got some controls in the mail today from Yaton (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6148194537 ) and as you can see in the picture, the microswitches are at the bottom of the picture. The strange thing about those switches, however, is that they don't have a...
  6. E

"This product can only be used on the NEO GEO Rental System."

On page 16 (the last, warning page) of the manual of my copy of the US Baseball Stars Professional, it says the following as the first bullet point: "This product can only be used on the NEO GEO Rental System." Now, comparing that to my DT Alpha Mission 2: "This product can only be used on...
  7. E

WTB/T: Cheap working JAMMA PCB

I'm building a Supergun, and it's going to be done soon enough, but I would like to get a cheap, operational JAMMA PCB that I can hook it up to for testing purposes... the idea is that it'll be something that, if I blow it... might not be a big deal. I'm thinking somewhere around the $20-30...
  8. E

Supergun power wiring questions

I'm finally getting around to building a Gun and I got a quick couple of questions. First off, just to give you an idea, I'm using a PC power supply... AT as it should be. 1. When soldering up connections, I've got a 2 amp fuse on a +5 line and a 10 amp fuse on a +12 line. Would I be able to...
  9. E

Memory card inquiry

Don't want to get in trouble for posting 2 new topics so close together, and I looked over the Memory Card FAQ in the 24-bit board, with no results, so here it goes... I just got my AES memory card today, and I'm getting a little frustrated. In pretty much every game I've tried...
  10. E

KOF Backgrounds... what happened, SNK?

So, I got KOF95 in the mail today, and I was instantly struck by the quality of the backgrounds... I decided to check out KOF2000 to see if I was just remembering incorrectly, but sure enough, there appears to have been a huge degredation in the quality of the backgrounds in the later-years...
  11. E

MVS serials removed - why?

Something I've always wondered about: I often see MVS carts that have the serials either scratched or colored out on the carts... why is that? I can't see any real benefit for an arcade operator, home user, or reseller (aside for when selling kits, to create the illusion that the entire kit...
  12. E

FS/T: Genesis II System, GBA/GBC, DC, PSX, N64, and more...

Added some more stuff... here it is: Genesis II System (US, unmodded) Here's a spare Genny that I've had sitting around, and I think I can part with. The package comes with: - Genesis II Console - Official Sega RF adapter (sorry, don't have a spare AV around...) - Official Sega power supply -...
  13. E

NGCD Control Pad - Comparable to what?

I'm considering picking up a NGCD control pad to use with my AES, but I've never used one before so I'm just trying to get an idea of what it feels like, and if I'm better off getting a stick. I have a new style stick right now, and I need a second controller badly, so I'm just exploring my...
  14. E

KOF 94 US Release Possible, SS5 Xbox

I emailed SNKP-USA last night, and I recieved a response this morning with some pretty good stuff. Here's my original email: To Whomever This Concerns, I'm an avid member of the thriving (yet niche) Neo Geo community, and a proud owner of an AES, etc, and I'm just wondering if the US division...
  15. E

AES sound/video questions...

Hey, I've had my AES for less than I week, and damn I'm happy with it, but I have a couple questions. 1. I'm using a minijack-->L/R phono cable right now to pull stereo sound off my unmodded Neo, but something seems strange... it appears as though the left and right channels are reversed...