Recent content by goombakid

1. goombakid

Annual purge sale

Bumpin' up @ggallegos1! Item received and in good working order! Thanks, G!
  2. goombakid

PRGE 2021

Is cancelled as well.:very_ang: The usual group that meet up there...sorry. Was hoping to catch up with everyone face to face again. I guess see you all in 2022. https://www.retrogamingexpo.com/
  3. goombakid

Anyone worked on Nintendo Vs. UniSystem cabinets

I got a really old Vs Super Mario cabinet that I'm starting work on. Since the cabinet is really worked, I took the monitor and the board out to test it. Everything's connected properly but when I turn it on, it blinks...kinda like the NES. I'm still learning arcade repair stuff, so I'm stuck...
  4. goombakid

PRGE 2020....

IS CANCELLED! Just thought I'd give a heads up.
  5. goombakid

Mega Drive Model 1 power switch...

Sorry guys. I meant the actual switch that it's on the board itself. The slide switch is missing the nub that goes to the slider on the case.
  6. goombakid

LF: OSSC Audio upgrade board

Looking for anyone who has or is able to make the Audio upgrade board for the OSSC and can install it for me. Thanks.
  7. goombakid

Mega Drive Model 1 power switch...

Anyone know where I can get a replacement power switch for a model one Mega Drive? The nub on the switch broke off. Also, anyone know the screw sizes for the case as well? Thanks.
  8. goombakid

WTB: Control board for WG K7400 monitor chassis...

From my thread HERE, I'm trying to eliminate some problems. I noticed that when I didn't have the control board connected in my Neo cab (WG K7000), it gave me a garbage image. I'm getting that now with my Atomiswave cab with a K7400. So, if anyone has a spare K7400 control board (the one that...
  9. goombakid

WG K7400 and monitor help...

I've had this US Atomiswave arcade cab (KoF Neowave was in it) in my garage that I've been...bequeathed...by my friend, and it's been sitting in my garage for almost a year. When he got it, he said that the monitor was good. Fast forward to now and I'm cleaning it up trying to get it to work...
  10. goombakid

Credit display issue on an 4 Slot...

Continuing the repair on my 4 slot cab, I've come upon this issue. I've noticed it before, but I'm wondering what would be a fix or should I even bother fixing it. The credit display isn't displaying properly. As I turn the cab on, it'll display 80 instead of 00. I didn't think anything of it...
  11. goombakid

Deep Clean an Arcade Power Supply...

I had some time today and decided to try and spray the thing down with hot water today. Here is the result: Pretty much night and day difference. I hit it with compressed air immediately after spraying it down, making sure all components were hit with air: above, below, and in between...
  12. goombakid

Deep Clean an Arcade Power Supply...

So, still in the process of deep cleaning my Neo 4 cab. I'm now attempting to swap out the fan in the power supply since it's now not spinning. Opened up the case and was greeted with this: Mind you, it still worked prior to me taking it out of my cab. I just really wanted to replace the...
  13. goombakid

Neo Geo 4-slot cab help ...

So, I just got a really worked NG cab (peeling panels, particle board chipping/broke off, etc.). Amazingly enough, the 4 slot that's in there still works fine, as well as all the controls and the sound. The issue I'm having is the screen is stretched out horizontally. I've looked online and...
  14. goombakid

Atomiswave cab convert to vertical...

A friend of mine got an Atomiswave cab (looks like this one) He wants the monitor in the cab rotated to be a vertical screen. ...how hard would this be to make it vertical and (knowing OCD) make it look as clean as fuck? Anyone attempted this? Is it even worth doing it? I'm not too...
  15. goombakid

Swap PS2 DVD drives...

This past October, I was gonna use my old phat PS2 (modded to play burns) at PRGE for a light gun challenge. It's been in storage for several months before. When I tested it out, it wouldn't read discs at all, not even retail games. It was reading discs just fine before I put it away. I have a...