Recent content by jessiewonka

1. jessiewonka

WTB: IGS motherboard

Anyone have an extra IGS motherboard?
  2. jessiewonka

WTB: Metal Slug 5 MVS

Looking for Metal Slug 5 MVS. Who has an extra copy of this unwanted beauty?
  3. jessiewonka

WTB: Sturmwind for Dreamcast

Turns out RedSpotGames is still selling them, for about $50.
  4. jessiewonka

Glitchy sprites and stuff

So what's going on when in Neo Geo games you see an explosion say, and portions of the sprites cut out, generally go white or black. Obviously there are times it's intentional, while other times it doesn't seem intentional at all, especially when it's just random portions of the image. I've...
  5. jessiewonka

WTB: Sturmwind for Dreamcast

Any copies lingering around here?
  6. jessiewonka

Gunk on solder

Is this anything to worry about? I can't tell if it's just something that globbed on to the board during production, or some kind of burned solder section or what.
  7. jessiewonka

Are these legit?

Arrived this morning, all seems to match the scans and looks legit to me (complete with "made in Korea"). The first time I've ever touched a brand new cart. I guess they never made an official MM for 4? I assume it's simply $50 because nobody really wants 4. I played it until the sweet old...
  8. jessiewonka

Puzzle Bobble MVS

I assume this PB is a boot as well? Just arrived today from eBay. I also assume I should just eat the cost ($35+15 shipping) rather than bother shipping back to Portugal. In other news, anyone have a legit cart for sale?
  9. jessiewonka

Doing the dips

I'm curious if there's a general consensus around Neo Geo game dips regarding lives, continues and difficulty. Defaults are fine to get to know a game, but it seems like turning off continues across the board would arguably make for better game play. For me this is a large part of the...
  10. jessiewonka

Post Your Recent Purchases!

Random assortment of stuff that made me happy as a kid, and some new things. The Genesis was pretty grimy and had spiders, but 35 bucks! The TG16 recently came back from an RGB mod -- haven't really played with one for 20 years. Local pickup included Sega Saturn and Dreamcast and a few games...
  11. jessiewonka

Greetings Mr. Geo

Hello! New member to the forums, and new to Neo Geo as an owner. I have the prerequisite happy memories playing in the arcades as a kid, laying those early Metal Slug grooves in my brain. I was fascinated and intimated by this big red box that could offer so much. Many years later I started...