Recent content by jro

1. jro

Movie opinions thread (what have you seen, what did you think?)

The title of this alone, my good man, is enough to make me seek out and rent (or stream it whatevs) it. If I was a Japanese lady like Mariko I'd bow in respect and then get blown into mebe 50 billion pieces. edit: OK ADDED to watchlist. Will report back. AJ has really nice hair.
  2. jro

offical wwe thread

Also, the latest Omega podcast is something else. Some people claiming it's a work... okay, he acknowledges that Punk was right, Bucks and Tony were wrong, he's cool with Punk. Right. Meanwhile he's getting proper beaten down in SF6 by Austin, nice punish bro. Omega seems like a decent guy...
  3. jro

offical wwe thread

@famicommander (to save space) well that would be... something. Nyla Rose sucks on her own, there's no need for idiot right-wingers to try to keep her from working. This fucking country. Not gonna miss the south when they secede. AEW sucks serious balls, but Florida, Oklahoma, et al suck a...
  4. jro

BEST TV Shows to watch... CURRENTLY...

First episode of The Sympathizer was pretty interesting. Downey seems to be enjoying taking on some seriously meaty roles in his post-MCU life.
  5. jro

Physical 100 Season 2 - fun as hell, just like the first season. Little bit less impressive though, I dunno, the challenges and the challengers were a little bit less impressive. MMA guys gotta stop losing. Tokyo Vice - excellent overall. Some bad dialogue that just didn't work for the rest of...
  6. jro

Re-watched a ton of stuff recently, and, for better or worse, this one stands out: Terrifier 2 (re-watch) - I had somehow forgotten how nasty this was. Just, like, yeah, there's a few scenes that are impressive in pushing the limits especially in non-CG effects. It's entirely too long at 145...
  7. jro

Souls-likes

It was short, 20 hours-ish, so I finished RotR. The basic gameplay was fun but the level design, boss design, and character building were just boring. Tried to be a Sekiro-like with little idea what made Sekiro decent. Still certainly not recommended.
  8. jro

offical wwe thread

Kinda hoping MJF somehow buys out his contract and is standing opposite Cody in 2025. Yes I know it's not gonna happen but it is still weird seeing Okada, Ospreay, and (eventually) Max on what has basically become TNA. Awesome show, also. Paul gets the little things that Vince never bothered with.
  9. jro

Souls-likes

OK FUCK in the spirit of Korean translations on Netflix that just says damnit I am seriously gonna wanna fucking [damn] the Green Swamp Monster in his balls over and over and over again. DAMN DAMN BALLS! [damn]. That is a legit badly designed boss fight, dunno how Round8 did all their...
  10. jro

Get well soon, Tak

Hab dich lieb, Bruder! 20+ jahre mein freund. We love you man.
  11. jro

Looks like Tokyo Vice will be a pretty clear-cut three seasons I think. Really damn good show, hope they rein in the urge to overdo it.
  12. jro

Doomsday - ummmmmm, wtf happened to Neil Marshall? Dude made three stone-cold classics (i.e. not the one with Fassbender) and then barely blipped afterwards. Somehow this gets better every time I watch it. Related a bit, Mitra also flashed in the pan. Movie itself is still so damn fun though.
  13. jro

Souls-likes

and then smart people remind me of how not to fuck up so much. Yeah, I know I can get er done, more and so if I just stop whining so much. Got very annoyed by RotR, then got smushed in my latest NG run on Lies, might as well try Scholar I suppose. Mebbe hand out some pardons this time...
  14. jro

OKay, some re-watches and some new watches. -Terminator - it's still so fun and so dumb. Never gets old, never not going to be recommended. -Terminator 2 - eh.......... ..... ....... Furlong's performance in this is just incredibly bad. I know a lot of people will argue that his character is...
  15. jro

Halo Season 2 has this, I dunno very bland feel to it? I like it for the most part when I have it on and then I immediately forget everything that happened when I turn it off. Schrieber is a huge MFer who I like a lot as Master Chief but the show just doesn't move much. edit: I am gonna have to...