Recent content by kingcuckmelon1

1. kingcuckmelon1

Looking for a graphic / pixel artist for Neo Geo homebrew project

This look absolutely incredible. I cannot wait to play it
  2. kingcuckmelon1

Xevious for the Neo Geo Beta 1 released!

I have it running on Raspberry Pi, fantastic, works great
  3. kingcuckmelon1

Modding the Arcade Stick Pro; a tutorial

Looks great, I think those shades of pink and yellow are 'complimentary colors' or some such that I learned in school. 1 x additional yellow and pink button to replace the remaining two white ones would really finish it off and bring the whole thing together
  4. kingcuckmelon1

SNK vs Capcom..."ported"...to the Commodore 64

Yeah, the SID is iconic
  5. kingcuckmelon1

SNK vs Capcom..."ported"...to the Commodore 64

It looks more playable than the other attempts at 2D fighters on the system namely Street Fighter 2. It was terrible on the C64. Fair play to the guys who did this, shows what can be done on the C64 with a little more time and care
  6. kingcuckmelon1

Need some advice on potential banner restoration project

Its a great poster. Would be cool to make reprints in that size.
  7. kingcuckmelon1

Thanks

A big thank you to all the hard work done by the mods and admins in updating and running the site
  8. kingcuckmelon1

King of Fighters 98 Special (prototype?)

Toyohisa Tanabe (Capcom vs. SNK pixel art supervisor)says there was an alternate build of King of Fighters 98, featuring Ryu and Ken https://www.polygon.com/2021/1/7/22214717/capcom-vs-snk-an-oral-history?fbclid=IwAR1Z3RhA91GKXKETiYmUrIs2N14aBJKRDV2Puum5eY9SYT4lbdk-EIbltf4 "Two years before...
  9. kingcuckmelon1

Flipshot cart - component loose

Hi All, I have a Flipshot cart that has a small component loose. It is labeled on the board as "PC10". Is it a resistor? Can it easily be fixed? Is it a big deal ie. would it be safe to use this cart even with this component broken or would I be better off fixing it? I have attached some...
  10. kingcuckmelon1

Neo Geo 3

I know this guy gets some flack here but in fairness, his last 2 or 3 SNK predictions were bang on the money, months in advance. He seems to have very reliable SNK contacts... * a new platform * connected to the internet * two controller ports * the ability to add additional parts to the machine
  11. kingcuckmelon1

PIKO Interactive Tweet from April 9th

I see that they have just Tweeted this: "Some one we know just acquired and incredible Neo Geo Game! Holy crap!". I'll try not to get carried away though as they tend to overblow these things. Its probably Neotris or summat...
  12. kingcuckmelon1

Prototype sequel to Viewpoint for N64 dumped

Viewpoint 2064, it looks crap & is for Nintendo 64 but I thought it would be of interest to Neo Geo lovers. Viewpoint being one of the Neo's greatest games n all...
  13. kingcuckmelon1

Bad audio Temco 96 MVS Help appriceated

Hi All, I'm having a strange problem with this newly acquired Temco World Soccer 96 MVS cart. Some of the sound appears to be garbled. I can hear the music and sound effects but the crowd noise seems to be the only part that is problematic. There are no graphics errors. Here's a video of the...
  14. kingcuckmelon1

IPac JPack Neo Geo Mini

Hi All, Does anyone know if the IPac or Jpac work with Neo Geo Mini's? I was thinking of building a joystick as a present for my friend. Cheers!
  15. kingcuckmelon1

Is this Puzzle Bobble a boot?

Hi all, Is this a boot? I cant understand, it certainly looks like one having checked MVS scan's. But the chips seem to indicate (based on the NGH number) that it is a conversion of World Heroes 2 Jet. Why would they bother converting WH2jet to Puzzle Bobble? The soldering also looks factory...