Recent content by ledfrog

1. L

NEOSD PRO - The New Terranonion Neo Geo Product March 2018.

Thanks for the detailed explanation...this helps a lot! It sounds like using a single slot board is the way to go and with that new USB output, it could be possible to either get individual marquess to light up or just go with a single larger marquee. :)
  2. L

These were the questions I had when I saw the first NeoSD come out. I don't usually play my MVS using a SuperGun because I love the realism of playing it on a full cabinet. As such, I try to keep everything working as close to original as possible. With the virtual slots, I thought that it would...
  3. L

How would all this integrate with the marquee lights? I mean if a NeoSD Pro was in slot one and three regular games were in the others, would the first marquee stay lit while cycling through the first four virtual slots and then move on to marquees two, three and four as you get to the other slots?
  4. L

MVS Cart slot replacement.

I swapped one slot on my MVS 4 slot about a year ago. It was hell, but I just took it one pin at a time using a regular soldering iron and a solder sucker. Here’s a pic of my old one to show why I did the swap...some of the pins were set back and not making a good connection.
  5. L

Audio problem on MVS 4F - Slot 2 no sound and will take out other slots if cycled through

I finally picked up some replacement slots for my 4-slot board. It wasn't that easy to remove the original slot from the board, but the end result was well worth it!! I was able to secure a pair from a member over on KLOV, but since I only had one problematic slot, I only replaced one. It worked...
  6. L

Puzzle Bobble Bootleg or SNK Repair??

I'm curious about this game I bought. It looks like a bootleg because it has EEPROMs and a couple daughterboard add-ons, but the boards themselves appear to be SNK originals. Naturally, I would assume this was either a repair or a conversion of some sort, but what throws me off is that the...
  7. L

Audio problem on MVS 4F - Slot 2 no sound and will take out other slots if cycled through

I'm new to the Neo-Geo ownership scene after picking up a cabinet at auction so my apologies if this issue has been discussed before, but all I could find was people having sound issues or no sound on all slots at once. The system was playing ok at first...I had some glitches and sound issues...