Recent content by NeoSeeD

1. NeoSeeD

Captain Barrel, new Neo Geo game

Johnny stated that it's not a piracy thing. Obviously that doesn't speak for all devs, but it was an interesting answer. Regarding bootlegs, the DC is just as easy as the NGCD and the PSP is probably the easiest of all. I've seen far more hacked PSP's than stock ones. To your second point...
  2. NeoSeeD

Is it easier to create a native port for a separate retro platform than to port to the Neo CD? Is the NGCD platform that minuscule that it's not worth the time? Just trying to understand why the most accessible and affordable SNK console keeps losing out on these new homebrews.
  3. NeoSeeD

One thing about these "Neo Geo" releases is they get ported straight from MVS/AES to the DC or PSP and I don't understand why. If it's a piracy thing, well, the DC/PSP are just as bad if not outright worse than the Neo CD.
  4. NeoSeeD

Gladmort by PixelHeart

Gameplay is decent. Background art looks good. Animations show promise though still jerky (that running animation looks weird). That Euro character art is shite as usual though. Release is... next month? Price for the DC version is fair though I'd prefer a Neo CD version over it.
  5. NeoSeeD

Vengeance Hunters (Beat 'em Up) for the Neo Geo

What's the grappling system like in this game? I see that the robot has a toss, but what about the other characters? Can you grab and swap sides like in SOA? Grab and drag enemies into position like Paprium? Combo into grabs like Final Fight? Head smash 2 enemies together like in Batman...
  6. NeoSeeD

King of Fighters 94: Team Edit hack

That's a good question. My hope is that they aren't and that the lack of loading is due to the smaller amounts of moves and animations per character. Thanks for answering. Your work is still fascinating. Thanks for sharing.
  7. NeoSeeD

King of Fighters 94: Team Edit hack

This is pretty amazing work and something that I remember wanting even way back when it first came out when I played it at the arcade with my buddies. Out of curiosity, any chance of getting this on the CD since that is the only KOF that doesn't load between rounds? It would make it even more...
  8. NeoSeeD

Trying to Review Every Neo Geo Game on Youtube

Turtles in Time SNES/Golden Axe MD >>>>>>>>> Sengoku, Sengoku 2, Sengoku 3. Streets of Rage 2 / Streets of Rage 3 / Paprium / Final Fight 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mutation Nation, Robo Army/ Burning Fight/Ninja Combat/ Legend of Success Joe. Final Vendetta - Better than other Neo brawlers, but...
  9. NeoSeeD

Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves

Graphically, the game looks good. It's nice that Rock and Terry have a moment to shine again.
  10. NeoSeeD

Demons of Asteborg DX

The campaign does say that it will have "difficulty balancing". I'd like to see the gameplay improved with enemies actually having hit stuns & flashes. As usual, it would be nice to see a NGCD version announced, but that doesn't seem likely to happen.
  11. NeoSeeD

Boasting about seniority on a niche forum isn't the flex that you think that it is, but sure. Right, there are less hacked Switches, Playstations or PC's than there are Neo Geo owners on a niche forum that struggles to get a few posts a day. Surely, the Neo userbase far outpaces modern consoles...
  12. NeoSeeD

If piracy is what is stopping the company from releasing the game as a standard ROM or on CD, they're wasting their time. Modern platform versions will most likely be online within hours. People that want to buy the game will buy it. Those that don't won't.
  13. NeoSeeD

8Bitdo Neo geo wireless controller SNK licensed

I also have real CD controllers and these clones. Porkchop's review says "lightly worn" regarding the OG controllers and personally, I appreciate that he took the time to do scientific measurements versus the "trust me bro" complaints.
  14. NeoSeeD

According to the measurements from Porkchop Express, the dead zones on the dpad and pressure needed on the buttons are identical and the wireless connection is faster than wired. Link
  15. NeoSeeD

I have both of these as well and they do seem practically identical (in non-scientific testing). My wife and I played through Blue's Journey and Burning Fight and we suffered no interference and the connection was stable. One interesting thing that I did notice is that the turbo function was...