Recent content by opt2not

1. opt2not

SOTM April 2024 - Dariusburst: Another Chronicle

Yeah I recommend trying for H or I on the Easy path, till you've found your groove. The difficulty jump from Easy to Normal does feel pretty large. So definitely figure out the ship you're most proficient at. I think I'm going to try Legend next.
  2. opt2not

Nice, good purchases! I've been having fun with this game, right now I've only played as the Gaiden ship, which is somewhat limited in abilities, but building up the Black Hole bomb multiple times in the zones is really nice. But that ship doesn't turn around, and there's no burst ability...
  3. opt2not

AC EX+ is the one I’m running. It’s still on sale for $11.99 for the next 8 days.
  4. opt2not

Alright I’ll break the ice. opt2not - Easy - 104,648,050 - I - Gaiden - Switch
  5. opt2not

Yeah that’s the one
  6. opt2not

Alright, main posts updated. The game is Dariusburst: Another Chronicle. The original mode for Dariusburst. Details about where to play this version is in the first post. Here's also a link to the Players Guide: https://arcadeheroes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/DBAC_playersguide.pdf
  7. opt2not

Actually, looking into this more and playing through some CS, I’m thinking we might want to just run Another Chronicle EX, the arcade version. This version is available on the CS release, as well as the newest EX+ title through Original Mode (also on sale for the Switch and PS4 rn). It has 3...
  8. opt2not

SYSTEM (taken from the official website https://darius.jp/dbcs/en/system/) :
  9. opt2not

Hi Scores ranked by Difficulty: Easy Name Difficulty Score Zone Ship Platform 1. opt2not Easy 104,648,050 I Gaiden Switch 2. Dogg Easy 54,253,500 I Gaiden Switch 3. MmSadda Easy 26,308,700 D Next TTX3 4. 5. Normal Name...
  10. opt2not

Alright, we got a newer game going for this month's SOTM giving us a fresh new look. Dariusburst: Another Chronicle Took me a little while to figure this out, seemed pretty confusing, but Dariusburst AC is the arcade release that was on the Taito Type-X2, seen in the wild with it's 32:9 super...
  11. opt2not

April 2024 SOTM Vote - The month of new beginnings

Ok, I just checked Dariusburst EX+ Another Chronicle. The original mode is not the same as Chronicle. In this original mode there are 3 selections, Easy Normal Hard, consisting of various sets of stages. Also notice the widescreen 32:9 format. This looks to be the arcade version of Another...
  12. opt2not

I believe that release has multiple modes that includes the Original Mode Chronicle Saviors. It’s on sale on the Nintendo shop right now for $11.99. I’ll grab it and confirm. Doing some searching and found there’s also DARIUSBURST CS CORE + TAITO/SEGA Pack which I think is CS with all the DLC...
  13. opt2not

Thanks all, Dariusburst: Chronicle Saviors it is! Good to have a slightly newer title mixed into our SOTM. I’ll put up an official post shortly. In the meantime, get this game ready on your platform of choice: PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Microsoft Windows, Switch
  14. opt2not

Last chance to get your vote in! Btw, I’m not planning on splitting the game choice to two games. If we end up in a tie, I’m making the executive decision and choosing one, as host’s privilege 😉
  15. opt2not

5 more days! looks like GG Aleste and Dariusburst CS are running neck-and-neck. I could play either. GG Aleste is fantastic and runs on emulators as well as real hardware. I haven't dived much into Dariusburst CS, but would love to dedicate some time to it. I'll likely play the Vita version...