Recent content by profholt82

1. profholt82

Microsoft buying Activision blizzard for 68.7 billion

Gleylancer on the switch was amazing. One of my favorite games last year. I never imported MD games back in the day, so that game was always one I read about and thought looked cool, but was never able to play. Great variety in level design and ship/weapon choices, and the anime cut scenes...
  2. profholt82

Time to fall back!!!

Back in elementary school, I learned that Daylight Savings Time was initially put in place during WWI to conserve oil for the war effort. At that time, oil lamps were far more common for lighting homes and businesses than electricity, so utilizing an extra hour of daylight saved tons of oil...
  3. profholt82

What records are you listening to tonight?

I'm fortunate to have 2 shops within driving distance. Both of them were founded in the 70s, and are run by older fellas in their 60s. Although there are several younger employees in their 20s and 30s as well. But yeah, I moved here about 8 years ago now, and was really happy to find a couple of...
  4. profholt82

Post Your Recent Purchases!

Some really cool and unique finds there. I think my favorite is the Snake Plisken 'Escape from LA' cup. I don't remember that promotion, very cool.
  5. profholt82

I do, and I like it. UN Squadron has a lot of character, and with all of the customization it offers with buying new ships and weapons and whatnot, it has a lot of replayability. I think the port of Aero Fighters and Space Megaforce are probably the best on the console, so of course, they're the...
  6. profholt82

Official NG.com Dune: Part One Thread

This guy gets it. Hahaha "Before the new version, let’s revisit 1984’s Dune—the greatest movie ever made" https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/10/before-the-new-version-lets-revisit-1984s-dune-the-greatest-movie-ever-made/?utm_source=pocket-newtab
  7. profholt82

I've been balls deep in shoot 'em ups lately. These are the most recent additions to the library.
  8. profholt82

One game, just one.

I'm torn between SamSho II and Neo Turf Masters.
  9. profholt82

Johnny Thunders - So Alone Willie Dixon & Memphis Slim - Willie's Blues Jenny Lewis - On the Line
  10. profholt82

Ha! My daughters love it too. I played that classic video for them a while back and they loved it, and still ask to see it sometimes.
  11. profholt82

You sure are a couple of nice fellas. I often keep the shrink on my media and open the side or bottom with a razor. Although I'm sure that will probably set you off as well. Haha Someone made a joke about a desert movie double feature with Dune and Tremors, and I was like, ha, I actually have...
  12. profholt82

Is Hornhea a portmanteau for horny diarrhea? That's hot.
  13. profholt82

@famicommander Even among my nerdy buddies who are into sci-fi, I'm the only person I know who actually enjoys Lynch's Dune. Pretty much everyone I've ever talked to about it has had a similar take on it as you. So, I can't say that you're wrong. No accounting for taste and whatnot. I'm just an...
  14. profholt82

When possible, I usually open the side of box sets with a razor and keep the shrink on the packaging. I do the same thing with records. I guess it keeps the dust off and keeps them nicer or whatever, but it's just what I've always done. While not a great movie by any means, I still really enjoy...